Titans guard Sebastian Tretola shot, suffers minor leg injury

Farsendor1

As long as they're thread worthy, feel free to keep making them. I'd say a Titans player getting shot is worthy of a thread in a Titans forum lol.

My adopt-a-Titans are literally getting shot now though. Which isn't great. I'm not going to jump to conclusions here until some details actually come out. Just because he was grazed by a bullet doesn't mean he did anything wrong. Or that he was the target. 

If there was an altercation and weapons were involved, it definitely doesn't help his roster chances. Particularly after the Sharpe incident earlier this offseason (even if I'm still not sure I buy the whole Sharpe story).

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

As long as they're thread worthy, feel free to keep making them. I'd say a Titans player getting shot is worthy of a thread in a Titans forum lol.

My adopt-a-Titans are literally getting shot now though. Which isn't great. I'm not going to jump to conclusions here until some details actually come out. Just because he was grazed by a bullet doesn't mean he did anything wrong. Or that he was the target. 

If there was an altercation and weapons were involved, it definitely doesn't help his roster chances. Particularly after the Sharpe incident earlier this offseason (even if I'm still not sure I buy the whole Sharpe story).

I mean at some point it becomes a character issue. 

I'm like extremely hyped for this new forum it looks so dang good. Seriously one of the best sports forum layout I have seen. 

Just now, Farsendor1 said:

I mean at some point it becomes a character issue. 

I'm like extremely hyped for this new forum it looks so dang good. Seriously one of the best sports forum layout I have seen. 

It can become a character issue. But we're two incidents in and I don't think there were any problems when he was at Arkansas. We'll see what comes out of it. I just can't believe people are at a club in Arkansas attempting to start trouble with a 6'4, 320 pound Samoan.

And yeah, I'm real excited about the new forum. It's such a massive step up functionality wise from the old one. Though the old FF will always have a place in my heart after 10 years and 35,000 posts lol.

Two off-season events. Even if the first one was unwarranted, this is troubling.  

You have to question his decision making. While typing, it makes me question how if the 1st run-in has some truth to it.

He plays the "most replaceable" spot on the OL.  If our rookies come in and perform at a level that is as good or better then we could see him not make it out of training camp.

43 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He was part of the suit against Sharpe. Who knows? We're being real quick to blame a guy for getting grazed by a bullet outside of a night club. I mean, he's not the one that was firing a gun, he's the victim lol.

Doesn't need to be at a night club period to be honest. Nothing good ever comes from going to one, especially when you're an even remotely known person. When you get to this level you have certain responsibilities, and he's failing to meet his. Would fully support kicking him to the curb, with this incident on top of the Sharpe one. Needs to get his act together.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

Doesn't need to be at a night club period to be honest. Nothing good ever comes from going to one, especially when you're an even remotely known person. When you get to this level you have certain responsibilities, and he's failing to meet his. Would fully support kicking him to the curb, with this incident on top of the Sharpe one. Needs to get his act together.

To be fair, it's a night club in Arkansas. I'm not going to go too hard on a guy for going out in the town he went to college in a year ago. If he was in a fight and got shot, yeah, it's on him. If he was out drinking with friends and he happened to get grazed by a stray bullet, I'm not going to condemn him. A 25-year old should be able to go out in a college town. Beyond that, he's a backup guard for the Titans. He's not a famous player. He's not the face of the franchise.

A week before camp, I'd rather not have him out at a club. But it's not illegal. And I'm willing to bet more than half the roster has been at a bar late at night at some point in the last month (and really, when we're saying a night club in Arkansas, really we're just talking about a bar). If he has any responsibility for getting shot, than yeah, I'm fine letting him go. But we have no idea what the situation is. And we've got nothing from the Sharpe incident thus far and they've counter-sued. We're potentially talking about ending a guy's career over a phony lawsuit and having the gall to get shot. That just seems crazy to me.

11 hours ago, titans0021 said:

He was part of the suit against Sharpe. Who knows? We're being real quick to blame a guy for getting grazed by a bullet outside of a night club. I mean, he's not the one that was firing a gun, he's the victim lol.

Two night club/bar incidents.  With a case pending, you'd think he'd be smarter about where he's at or who he's with.  I spent most of my 20's and early 30's hanging out at bars, and never once did I get in a fight or get accidentally shot... both could be extremely unfortunate accidents that he's 100% not at fault for... but he still has to be smarter about his choices... especially for a fringe player.

It harkens back to Pacman, when we used to debate is he really at fault for being out.  Now this isn't anywhere close to the frequency or level of Pacman, but it just asked the question about his decision making.

He has been linked to now 2 events.  He needs to be smart about where he goes. He is going to stick out being a big man. In Arkansas, he is going to be recognized.  I can't expect a 20 something dude to act like I would. I wouldn't have even been at the club.

His room for error is small, seeing his draft position, the guys we've brought in and the position he plays.  

Police described the suspect as a black male, 5’8” to 6’ tall with a lean build. The witnesses told detectives that the suspect and Tretola had been in a verbal argument before the gunshots were fired.  

Police have not released what the two had argued over and whether Tretola and Soto knew one another.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2017/07/24/new-details-released-tennessee-titans-lineman-sebastian-tretola-shooting/504893001/

Yeah. Idiot. I can deal with players going out at night. It's going to happen and it's not fair to expect rich, young guys to only be homebodies. But given what happened a few months ago, dude needs to do anything possible to avoid late-night arguments.

Archived