Recent FAs... Should we bring 'em in?

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Our two biggest needs are at DE and CB. What do you guys think?

Really odd to have 3 openings.  Wouldnt mind seeing Bobo sometime over Martino.  As far as Marsh and Collins, absolutely.  They made Stocker inactive, do we really need 4 TEs on the roster, especially since Cross is on the practice squad I believe.

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Really odd to have 3 openings.  Wouldnt mind seeing Bobo sometime over Martino.  As far as Marsh and Collins, absolutely.  They made Stocker inactive, do we really need 4 TEs on the roster, especially since Cross is on the practice squad I believe.

It is. I can't imagine we made all these moves without something in mind.

Bobo is small too. I don't think we'll see him any time soon.

I was shocked we opted for Auclair over Stocker last week. If that's the plan moving forward, Stocker can walk. We wouldn't have any cap penalties.

6 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Weird that they cut him. Freeny isn't coming here. If he plays it's to get one last super bowl shot. 

Yeah. It's baffling. Makes no sense to me at all. It's not like he's taking away from Frank Clark's snaps and slowing his progression or anything. You'd think they'd wanna keep a pass rusher like that to help their depleted secondary.

I'm sure he wouldn't wanna sign here. But claiming him doesn't really give him a chance to say no. icon_lol.gif ...unless he pulls a Jake Plummer.

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Ryan Smith has come a LOOOONNNGGG way since Minnesota. He's still got a ways to go, but it's almost night and day.

I don’t really notice Ryan Smith anymore, which isnt too bad a compliment for a CB I guess.

Hes on the right track, but much work ahead. If he continues to develop, that’s something that Mike Smith can point to at the end of the season.

So annoying... I could see not bringing in Freeney but atleast bring in Marsh I mean he isn't great but I'm sure hes ****in better than darryl tapp and Ryan Russell with the bum shoulder 

EDIT: I just noticed it was the 49ers and they probably had the higher spot on the waiver.

14 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

So annoying... I could see not bringing in Freeney but atleast bring in Marsh I mean he isn't great but I'm sure hes ****in better than darryl tapp and Ryan Russell with the bum shoulder 

EDIT: I just noticed it was the 49ers and they probably had the higher spot on the waiver.

Yeah. He might be a guy we put in for and just missed out on. Licht has cycled through a ton of DEs this year, so it's certainly possible we tried.

Archived