Week 13: Titans @ Eagles. "This time...it's personal."

deeluxx3

28 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I know everyone loves Vrabel, and I do too. But this type of stuff worries me about a locker room. Whether its said between friends on the team or in peoples heads, there has to be frustration in commitment to getting to the goal of a chip. Henry hasn't been perfect, but we are not setting him up for success in maybe his twilight years as an nfl runningback. I mean watching him get no holes makes me mad, I cant imagine what he is thinking in his head even being the great team guy he is.

Especially when we gotta resign Simmons. I am fully prepping myself for the Simmons resigning to possibly not go great.

honestly I think that's a clown take from the TicTacTitans twitter account

like major clown take. this isn't peewee football.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If we beat the Jags, we absolutely should start resting guys with long-term nagging injuries. We won’t, but we should. Tannehill, Simmons, Long, Autry, Dupree and Fulton at the top of the list. Probably Henry too. Sit them until Week 18.

said it earlier

the minute we're clinched...guys gotta get sit.

19 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

that dude is one of the worst accounts on titans twitter. all reactionary takes all the time.

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

If we beat the Jags, we absolutely should start resting guys with long-term nagging injuries. We won’t, but we should. Tannehill, Simmons, Long, Autry, Dupree and Fulton at the top of the list. Probably Henry too. Sit them until Week 18.

Tanny for sure.

Want to see if Willis can start to look like a NFL QB with more reps.  Simmons too. 

Henry I can go either way with. 

38 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I like the film breakdowns, but I stopped following him. The Tickle Monsters was the straw for me. 

believe tickle monsters was TitansFilmRoom. also does good film breakdowns...but that was seriously the lamest thing of all time

titans twitter is a cesspool of circle jerking

Mike Herndon is the only one truly worth following

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

The post is whatever. Its just more about the idea, that idc how good of a teammate you are, at the very least subconsciously, I would be tremendously annoyed at the talent gap that has been displayed the last two weeks. And to watch what was one of your dogs in the trenches just flat out embarrass you across the field.

No one is saying that Henry and Simmons are going to start some anarchy against Vrabel in the locker room its just you have to watch a team, who knew its weaknesses and went out and grabbed all the things they needed forcefully, just dismantle you. Meanwhile you have to play with the likes of Dennis Daley(who we literally gave a draft pick up for), and he  is currently hurting your potential hall of fame career.

Not saying our leaders are going to throw everyone under the bus. BUT If you wouldn't be slightly annoyed at some things, you wouldn't be human. And they are human.

These are some of the things maybe Simmons will think about when the Titans low ball his *** in contract talks. 

Edited by twotonebluenation

Anyone who is not injured we should not shut down for multiple games, but for sure lighten the load. I know it's an obvious take but when you compare offenses of literally half of the teams in the league, we have only one guy that would be a for sure starter(22) 1 or 2 guys that are a maybe(16/81)...and almost no one else, that is a horrible feeling. 

All of the shows on 104.5 were roasting the Titans and their roster building, lack of depth...and lack of stars. I think if we were like the Rams of last year where we are top heavy on talent but no one in reserve, that would be one thing...but we have maybe 6/7 out of 22 starters that are what you would consider no brainer starters in the NFL, and another 2/3 that are definitely starter quality...but several starters that are purely depth pieces on most rosters. 

Like someone said earlier it sucks because we are a decent team but an absolute hideous watch!!!

You can play this ugly up that game style football all day win and people will say that's Titans football. 

But you can not. I repeat can not. Play this ugly style and lose. You will get people turning on you so fast. 

Can't be boring and lose. Boring and winning is fine. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

You can play this ugly up that game style football all day win and people will say that's Titans football. 

But you can not. I repeat can not. Play this ugly style and lose. You will get people turning on you so fast. 

Can't be boring and lose. Boring and winning is fine. 

This is a great take.   Personally I do t see a “huge” gap between us and elite teams other than at WR. Mostly depth.  We have 1 high quality WR.  But we do have the best RB in football.  I also will grant you of OL really sucks at the moment. 

we really just need to win next two for sure.  I am on board resting Henry and some other injury prone players.  I don’t think a 3 seed is much better than 4. Not much difference in rd 1 or rd 2 games.   

18 hours ago, 615finest said:

What did Radunz do to the coaching staff to not get a shot at LT!? Lol Isn’t that his natural position? I thought he did pretty good at his 1 start at LT

See, I keep coming back to this.  Daley is not just bad.  Daley is a ******* liability every time he's pass blocking.

The explanation, I think, and I really worry about this as a line of thinking, is that Daley is a superior run blocker to Radunz.

And I really hope that if that's the explanation, then the one behind that is Downing, and not Vrabel.  Because it's stupid.  Not just stupid stupid, but "you should not have a job making football personnel decisions stupid."  And it's also an on brand reason for the Titans to make such a decision.

Radunz might look worse than Daley in practices, but can it really get any worse at that position?  Like, if you insert Radunz at LT for a few drives, will he give up a few sacks?  Commit multiple penalties that kill a drive?  Sounds like business as usual to me.  At least ******* try it.

Really don't see a down side here.