Week 12 - Rams vs Saints

RamRod

Congrats on the win guys. Our depleted secondary never stood a chance, but held you guys to less that your season average and I can’t complain about that.

No excuses here, you need a full roster to compete with the leagues best and our depth just isn’t good enough. I hope we get a rematch in the playoffs, if we’re healthy it’ll be another great game.

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

First non losing season since 2006!!

This was a huge win. Getting to 8 wins is great, but it sets us up well to get to 11-12 wins if we take care of business. We can't go out and have a letdown game against Arizona. Let's put a whooping on them and prepare for a physical game against Philly.

I said it on another forum but McVay keeps talking about winning the quarters of the season. First 4 games 3-1, second 4 games 3-1. We're 2-1 in the next quarter with a trip to Arizona next. This team has grown so much under McVay, they're far from perfect or a great team but what they're doing is very impressive considering where they started.

I gotta say that today's performance was encouraging after the Minnesota setback. New Orleans was missing both their starting CBs. However, I didn't think we played our best game. McVay was too cute with the play-calling (I think he wanted to show Payton who the real genius was). That stalled a few of our drives. Our defense didn't capitalize on multiple interception opportunities, and Watkins basically threw the ball right into the hands of the Saints' DB for an interception. We had a good but not great game, and we still won with relative ease.

The Saints will be much tougher next time out. They also missed on some plays (Brees had Ginn deep a couple times on what should have been big plays). They will get healthy. Hopefully, we'll get healthy. And we may have to beat them come playoff time. Either ways, this is an encouraging win. We just gotta keep rolling. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I gotta say that today's performance was encouraging after the Minnesota setback. New Orleans was missing both their starting CBs. However, I didn't think we played our best game. McVay was too cute with the play-calling (I think he wanted to show Payton who the real genius was). That stalled a few of our drives. Our defense didn't capitalize on multiple interception opportunities, and Watkins basically threw the ball right into the hands of the Saints' DB for an interception. We had a good but not great game, and we still won with relative ease.

The Saints will be much tougher next time out. They also missed on some plays (Brees had Ginn deep a couple times on what should have been big plays). They will get healthy. Hopefully, we'll get healthy. And we may have to beat them come playoff time. Either ways, this is an encouraging win. We just gotta keep rolling. 

One thing I've been chewing on this whole game is yes those CB were out but I feel if they were there we actually would have seen more Gurley today. With them being out McVay decided to attack in the passing game instead. It would have been nice to just dominate the game with 30 carries from him but with the injuries McVay went at those weak spots and Jared made it happen.

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

One thing I've been chewing on this whole game is yes those CB were out but I feel if they were there we actually would have seen more Gurley today. With them being out McVay decided to attack in the passing game instead. It would have been nice to just dominate the game with 30 carries from him but with the injuries McVay went at those weak spots and Jared made it happen.

I agree. Jared had a really nice day. He missed a few passes, but he also made some great plays. I was disappointed in Watkins. I thought we got a great WR a few months ago. I'm facing the facts that he's merely good.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I agree. Jared had a really nice day. He missed a few passes, but he also made some great plays. I was disappointed in Watkins. I thought we got a great WR a few months ago. I'm facing the facts that he's merely good.

Looking more and more like we just tender him to get a comp pick back or low ball a contract. Reynolds was good, Kupp keeps growing and we have some good young TE. I wouldn't be shocked to see him not back next year and I'm not terribly upset by it at this point.

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Looking more and more like we just tender him to get a comp pick back or low ball a contract. Reynolds was good, Kupp keeps growing and we have some good young TE. I wouldn't be shocked to see him not back next year and I'm not terribly upset by it at this point.

I'd like for him to return, but I think he might price himself out of what he is worth. Josh Reynolds showed out nicely today.

Archived