Week 13 GT: Bears vs CheeSeheads

beardown3231

36 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

We are in position for the 4th pick currently, unless the Rams win then we would be in position for the 3rd pick. The Bears have the highest strength of schedule out of those teams.

Ah for some reason I thought strength of schedule was 2nd on the list for tiebreakers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl

curious, we’ve “had” the 2nd pick for a little while now but is this due to having more losses than other 3 win teams because we haven’t had a bye yet or are we genuinely in position for the second pick?

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

We are in position for the 4th pick currently, unless the Rams win then we would be in position for the 3rd pick. The Bears have the highest strength of schedule out of those teams.

We need a Broncos and Rams win before the year ends

Rams play at home in 4 days against Vegas

Broncos still play Arizona and LAC at home

Luckily they play one another on Christmas so at least one team wins (maybe) and the Bears will finish with the 3rd pick. If the loser of that game wins one of the above games, Bears will pick 2nd. If only one team wins again I'd prefer it to be LA to move Detroit's pick down

Edited by beardown3231

55 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

We need a Broncos and Rams win before the year ends

Rams play at home in 4 days against Vegas

Broncos still play Arizona and LAC at home

Luckily they play one another on Christmas so at least one team wins (maybe) and the Bears will finish with the 3rd pick. If the loser of that game wins one of the above games, Bears will pick 2nd. If only one team wins again I'd prefer it to be LA to move Detroit's pick down

LA is terrible this year and have  shut down a few of their key players for the rest of the season 

Just had to be the season they gave away their 1st to Detroit 😡

2nd overall would be huge for us not for the pick itself but because it would absolutely be in play for a trade down since some team would want to trade up for either of the top QBs and we would be able to get a haul while not moving too far down and perhaps still be able to get a guy like Carter or Anderson

Edited by topwop1

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

2nd overall would be huge for us not for the pick itself but because it would absolutely be in play for a trade down since some team would want to trade up for either of the top QBs and we would be able to get a haul while not moving too far down and perhaps still be able to get a guy like Carter or Anderson

But the problem is that any trade down, and you're almost certainly going to be out of range for the elite defensive prospects (i.e. Will Anderson and Jalen Carter).  Is that worth it?

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

But the problem is that any trade down, and you're almost certainly going to be out of range for the elite defensive prospects (i.e. Will Anderson and Jalen Carter).  Is that worth it?

That’s the million dollar question, isn’t it? If the consolation prize of ending up picking 3rd or 4th is Anderson or Carter that’s a hell of a consolation prize. 

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Couple of undiscussed positives from today's game...

Passing game probably looked as good as it ever has and that was without Mooney who wasn't a huge miss.

Alex Leatherwood rotated in at RT and was solid...I could see him really competing to be the backup RT next year over the likes of Reiff or Borom.

After showing himself to be capable today splitting reps they should just play Leatherwood the last 4 games. Reiff is a placeholder but Leatherwood could be our starting RT next year and for a long time if the change of scenery from LV to Chicago is just the reset he needed to reach his potential. If he gives us one less gaping hole to fill for 2023 that’s another need we can address with more of our offseason capital.

Leatherwood is gonna be 24 next year and has 2 more years of team control for $7.2M combined before a 5th year option year. Him proving to be a capable long term starting RT option would be an ideal scenario. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Well hear me out. If Bears maintain the #2 draft slot and say a team like Seattle (via Denver) Detroit (via LAR) or Carolina are sitting one or two spots behind but want to leap frog another of these teams from potentially getting a QB then trading down even only a cpl spots from that #2 pick could be worth because then Bears would still potentially be able to get one of those elite defenders while picking up some extra draft capital. Plus a lot can change from now until April...who knows which other QBs besides the obvious two in Young/Storud are going to jump into the top-5/10 conversation. Lots of possibilities 

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

We can’t let ESB play an overly relevant role if he’s back next year. 

You are 100% correct

I also think Jaire Alexander is a f***ing joke. For a guy who gets burnt once a game, including twice yesterday including once by this "scrub" ESB which he also called him in this interview, he sure does talk a lot

• Like 3