Week 13 GT: Bears vs CheeSeheads

beardown3231

While I am fully ready to admit that I am wrong, as one of the newer guys to the Bears fan base (I’ve been an NFL fans so I have an appreciation for the history) are you guys really telling me that you are willing to give up Jalen Carter/Will Anderson, and instead end up reaching on an Isaiah Foskey or some CB just for getting an absolutely meaningless win over Aaron Rodgers? 

I could see it if we were playing spoiler, and knocking them out of the playoffs, but they’ve done that themselves, and this is just a pair of lost seasons at this point.

If we weren’t staring the #2 overall pick in the face, I’d be all with you guys. The difference in pick #8 to like #13 wouldn’t bother me. But we have the potential of a Franchise Changer on the line, is that really worth one win that you’ll probably never actually remember a year from now?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

While I am fully ready to admit that I am wrong, as one of the newer guys to the Bears fan base (I’ve been an NFL fans so I have an appreciation for the history) are you guys really telling me that you are willing to give up Jalen Carter/Will Anderson, and instead end up reaching on an Isaiah Foskey or some CB just for getting an absolutely meaningless win over Aaron Rodgers? 

I could see it if we were playing spoiler, and knocking them out of the playoffs, but they’ve done that themselves, and this is just a pair of lost seasons at this point.

If we weren’t staring the #2 overall pick in the face, I’d be all with you guys. The difference in pick #8 to like #13 wouldn’t bother me. But we have the potential of a Franchise Changer on the line, is that really worth one win that you’ll probably never actually remember a year from now?

Exactly. I keep going back to a meaningless win costing us Aaron Donald and Leonard Williams. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

If the Bears win it'll be fun for like 4 seconds watching Fields run off of the field pumping the crowd up

But picking 8th and taking Bresee or Skoronski instead of Carter or Anderson would be a giant f***ing let down

• Like 3

4 of our 5 top DBs out and a front 4 that make the game look like it is 7 on 7 in TC is not a great combination for playing Rodgers...I expect we give up a lot of points...just hope Fields is healthy and stays healthy throughout the game to make things look a bit more competitive.

10 minutes ago, Bfan said:

All though I won't hope the Bears lose even if Fields goes score for score with Rogers let's be realistic.  If Rogers has 30 seconds at the end of the game the pack are going to win.

Or if the Bears have to drive the field for a FG at the end, they'll run three straight run plays to end the game.