Week 13 GDT Bills @ Patriots: Can the Bills get their first division win?

Trentwannabe

unorrxu6csuxeffzl7yg.jpg

The Bills have enjoyed their last two outings against New England, punting zero times and out-scoring them 80-38. The Bills offense has been in neutral for most of the last month and at times looks completely dead in the water. Is this the game where Ken Dorsey puts his stamp on the offense? Do we see more running with Dawkins likely out at LT? Do Nyheim Hines and James Cook become a part of the passing game?

One thing is for certain. As long as Josh Allen and Diggs are on the field, the Bills can win any game.

On defense, Von Miller is out but it appears as though Rousseau and Epenesa will be back in the lineup at DE. Edmunds should return at MLB and Tre White should see an increase in snaps. I suspect this is a game that they control from start to finish. 

It's a huge Thursday night matchup that both teams need. The Bills can forget about the 1 seed and probably the division if they lose. The Patriots are in the thick of things for a wildcard spot right now. I expect a cliché division battle with the better team coming out on top.

Bills 33
Pats 20

It sucks Von is going to be out but it feels like a dream having Milano, Edmunds, Poyer, and White all on the field together lol, not to mention Rousseau, Elam, and AJ E. 

Miller was saying in his twitch stream last night he hopes to be back next week for the Jets game so I'm hopeful he's going to try to play with the injury. 

Need the OL to step up tomorrow, I'll go Bills 28-Pats 20. Allen has looked a tad off ever since that injury but this is the first full week of practice that he's been a full participant. Need this! No way we can go 0-3 in the division. 

OBJ is also visiting Buffalo Friday so if we can get a nice victory on prime time that could help us but who knows. 

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Were getting healthy !! 

We really gonna have Rousseau, Milano, Edmunds, White, Poyer and Elam all on the field together ?

NE has probably the most underrated front 7 in the league. Our OL depth will be tested 

Bills 27

Pats 20

Yeah. Judon is a freak. Not a good game to be missing our best Tackle.

I have to think this game will be close. NE has struggled containing running QBs, so if there were ever a game to unleash the beast and allow Allen to run a lot- it's this one. 

Mac looked great last week. He was getting the ball out very quickly. I'm very happy to have Edmunds back for a game like this. NE runs a lot of quick outs and screens forcing the defense to run sideline to sideline. Edmunds can close the gap FAST. 

I'm really hoping we see a lot more of Tre this week. Dane has been struggling. Elam seems to be holding his own at least. But Jackson worries me. Luckly, NE doesn't have a ton of weapons on offense. Their best WR appears to be Parker. He may have a big game if Tre isn't playing a lot.

I'm assuming the Pats defense is going to limit the Bills offense quite a bit, and if it's another week where we struggle to put up points in the second half- then it's very likely we're heading home 0-3 in the division. A lot of that falls on coaching and Allen, but the WRs need to do a better job of getting open. It was nice to see McKenzie making some plays last week.

So, I'm not expecting a high scoring game. I put this at a 60/40 chance we win. The Bills are incredibly hard to judge right now because they have been plagued with injuries + the winter storm limited their practices and made travel complete hell. 

Edited by WizeGuy

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Man, averting crisis and getting Stef instead of AB is one of the biggest moments in the history of the franchise. He’s been incredible in every facet of the team.

Him and JA immediately hitting it off and becoming such close friends has definitely paid dividends too over getting a guy with more abstract or granular "talent" that Josh might not trust nearly as much or know what Josh wants from his routes nearly as much as Stefon does. They were born to play football together.

9 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not sure what’s going on with Elam. Maybe there is something in this matchup they don’t like. But it’s a head scratcher to have Cam Lewis active over him. 

Maybe he had a setback with his ankle after last week's game? He didn't play many snaps did he? With the mini bye coming up maybe they want to be cautious.