Week 13 GDT: Commanders vs. Giants @ 1pm EST

Giants4eva

Big game here with alot of implications for both squads. Division game, playoff spot jockeying and just NFC east bragging rights LOL. Taylor Heinicke should not be taken lightly. He has shown he can play and the fact they are keeping a healthy Carson Wentz benched tells you all you need to know about this kid. They have a solid run game especially with the emergence of Brian Robinson. Plus they have whom i consider the most underrated WR in football in Terry McLaurin. Gonna have a tough time with this team. The defense is also getting back Chase Young , I think, this week so well see. I have to admit its pretty impressive how they've become a contender out of this division. 

As far as we go, we are getting back a few guys whom have been sorely missed. As far as i can see looks like Evan Neal should be back to play, Dan Bellinger and Azeez Ojulari as well. Its a huge pick me up for us because we have had so many guys on the mend. Fabian Moreau looks to be back as well so at the very least well have 1 of our starting CBs back. The key to this game is protect DJ. That front 4 of Washington is starting to look legit but can be beat over the middle and are susceptible to certain runs. We seem to play well when we have our backs against the wall. In my mind we should've had Dallas. A couple of plays in that game doomed us and we just were missing too many pieces. I feel this time around we have enough to escape with a win..  Albeit a close one but one where we come out on top. 

Giants 19 / Commanders 17

Commanders are big favorites. Giants are 2.5 point underdogs at home. Daboll likes having padded practices after a bye/TNF. He did it yesterday and before the Texans game. We need those injured players back badly. Hopefully everyone came out feeling good today.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

The biggest Injury that has affected the Giants the most, might well be Carson Wentz.

Washington is playing on a completely different level now, with Taylor Heinicke.

Good luck & hopefully we get a clean & injury free game.

I”m sure you meant Commanders in the first line. I don’t think the Commanders have anything to do with the Giants, being we haven’t played you this season. They for sure haven’t helped the Giants lose 4 games this season.

11 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I”m sure you meant Commanders in the first line. I don’t think the Commanders have anything to do with the Giants, being we haven’t played you this season. They for sure haven’t helped the Giants lose 4 games this season.

No, I meant Commanders.

I'm well aware of the injuries the Giants have sustained this season.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The biggest Injury that has affected the Giants the most, might well be Carson Wentz.

Washington is playing on a completely different level now, with Taylor Heinicke.

Good luck & hopefully we get a clean & injury free game.

The only thing that is on a different level is you fanaticism. Every one watching Redzone saw the Flacons running the ball down the Commanders throats about to close out the game while running out the clock. The Commanders couldn't stop them till the coaching staff of the Falcons gave the game away to the Commanders by passing the ball. The Giants have not received such a gift this season nor shall they give the Commanders one.

11 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

The only thing that is on a different level is you fanaticism. Every one watching Redzone saw the Flacons running the ball down the Commanders throats about to close out the game while running out the clock. The Commanders couldn't stop them till the coaching staff of the Falcons gave the game away to the Commanders by passing the ball. The Giants have not received such a gift this season nor shall they give the Commanders one.

Daniel Jones has been a nightmare for Washington throughout his career. 4-1 record vs Washington I believe. He usually runs well against us.

Fortunately, Heinicke is 2-0 vs Giants. So hopefully that offsets that.

Either way, I expect a tough battle from both teams. 

Historically, we struggle at the Meadowlands. It will be interesting how we handle that & the Giants being able to get back in the win column.

Neal, Bellinger, Ojulari, Williams, and Gates are all big keys to this. If they all play I like our chances alot. I think this will be a big Saquon game. After the 35 carries against the Texans he just hasn't looked right since. Hoping he comes out energized. Big game for both teams and the division. The NFC Beast is back but Seattle right on the heels of both teams.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:50 AM, Giants4eva said:

Nice write-up.  Always enjoy reading them.

Having Bellinger back is big.  Will also be nice to see Ojulari on the field with KT.  Actually....haha....it'll be great to have our offensive line back healthy again.  

Looking forward to the game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Nice write-up.  Always enjoy reading them.

Having Bellinger back is big.  Will also be nice to see Ojulari on the field with KT.  Actually....haha....it'll be great to have our offensive line back healthy again.  

Looking forward to the game.

Appreciate it. Ya i think if the oline is going to play healthy this team has much better chances to pull off wins. Everyones game on offense is elevated by the big uglys up front. Just hope we can keep them from getting injured again this season. Well see what happens. 

I've been saying this for weeks now, but it is insane how much this team has missed a 4th round rookie tight end. If we have Bellinger back, this offense can function again. He's the most important player to get back.

Washington and the Giants are 2 pretty evenly matched teams. These 2 games they play against each other couldn't be more huge. A split would have both teams with pretty much equal odds (around 50%) of making the playoffs. One team sweeping the other would pretty much guarantee the victorious team a playoff spot while ensuring the losing team does not get in. This is the season, guys!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I've been saying this for weeks now, but it is insane how much this team has missed a 4th round rookie tight end. If we have Bellinger back, this offense can function again. He's the most important player to get back.

Washington and the Giants are 2 pretty evenly matched teams. These 2 games they play against each other couldn't be more huge. A split would have both teams with pretty much equal odds (around 50%) of making the playoffs. One team sweeping the other would pretty much guarantee the victorious team a playoff spot while ensuring the losing team does not get in. This is the season, guys!

I am excited to get Bellinger back but I think the offense sputtering has more to do with the OL. I'm excited to see Saquon running behind the likely starting OL for this week. Getting Neal back is huge and having Jack Andersen back on the bench should help. I think the Giants best OL the rest of the way would be Thomas/Ezudu/Gates/Bredeson/Neal but I just don't see them benching Feliciano and Glowinski. Nevertheless, we should see Saquon getting much better holes this week.