Will Ohio State come for Vrabel?

KingTitan

Vrabel speaks to the press on sundays (post game) and Mondays right?

guarantee Vrabes gets asked about this on Monday and responds w/

"I don't know anything about that. I am the head coach of the titans, ryan day is the head coach of OSU and does a great job. My focus is on the titans and the jaguars"

• Like 1

I will stand with the mindset, unless things go south here, record wise or front office relationship wise, I just don't see Vrabel being that type of guy to leave this situation without a Lombardi. He just doesn't strike me as a guy who would hop from this situation to that out of the sheer fact that he is competitive as hell. I would imagine him looking at leaving us as an L. I could be wrong, but he strikes me as a guy who desperately wants to finish the job here. He said he would cut his **** off for a Super Bowl. Sorry, to me, a Lombardi hits different than a college football championship, and I think Vrabel knows that.

• Like 1

I think it's worth keeping an eye on if Day is fired. I mean it's Ohio State and he LOOOOOOOOOOOOVESSS Ohio State. 
Not like it's for Ole Miss or Stanford. 
He isn't going to college just for kicks. 

He did just sign an extension. He has the Titans built exactly the way he wants. No reason to leave. 
But Ohio State is the only thing that could get him gone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It also really doesn't seem like Day is getting fired. It wouldn't be shocking for them to come back next year and have a redemption arc against Michigan. Idk, alot of chips would have to fall in the right places. Just don't know if we are real close to this being super real yet.

Yeah. When and if Day is fired tho....  because they can go 11-1 every year, but if they lose that 1 to Michigan, get to walking. 
Vrabel is going to be mentioned. 

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Dont think it's close to being super real, either

But the second Day's status as HC is even PONDERED....I think it's a done deal.

I think that also has to do with what is going on here as well.

Roster outlook. Malik growing and looking promising? Treylon budding into a centerpiece in the future? What does the future roster look like?

Could Amy pay him more to stop him? Could she give him more roster control if he is frustrated with drafting, free agency?

He is one of the biggest assets, keys to who we are as a franchise. If we just willingly let him go without trying to sweeten the pot I would be shocked.

I think so many things play into this rather than Day is fired, Vrabel is hired.

11 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think that also has to do with what is going on here as well.

Roster outlook. Malik growing and looking promising? Treylon budding into a centerpiece in the future? What does the future roster look like?

Could Amy pay him more to stop him? Could she give him more roster control if he is frustrated with drafting, free agency?

He is one of the biggest assets, keys to who we are as a franchise. If we just willingly let him go without trying to sweeten the pot I would be shocked.

I think so many things play into this rather than Day is fired, Vrabel is hired.

other side of the coin

what does Vrabel's roster look like at OSU?

exactly how he wants it to look.

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I mean if day gets fired can he come be offensive coordinator for us?😂

I think that's much more realistic than Ohio State sniffing a chance at hiring away an NFL coach from a successful program.  He could fail at Tennessee and get that job if he wanted it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I hear multiple high school football programs want Vrabel too.

I hear what you saying. lol

But it will come up. It will be a subject of discussion. It will be rumored if Day is fired and until they fill it with someone other than Vrabel. 
If we ever have a terrible season.... "Vrabel headed to Ohio State?"

Vrabel has reached a level of coaching status that he is considered one of the best in the world. And because we are "little ol TN" he will now forever be sought after, until he isn't. lol

• Like 1