Resign them or no?

dll2000

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That wouldn’t shock me. The rest are just spare parts. 

I just feel in this scheme everything defensively has to be about the DL...look at the Eagles with Jonathan Gannon (former DB coach under Flus) & Bills with Lesley Frasier (All the Lovie connections)...those guys are brining wave after wave of pass rushers and it makes everybody's job in the back seven so much easier...

I also think there are some good options in free agency before we even get to the draft...

Da'Ron Payne

Javon Hargrave

Zach Allen

Dre'Mont Jones

A'Shawn Robinson

Dalvin Tomlinson

Teair Tart (RFA)

Jordan Phillips

Kevin Strong Jr

Charles Omenihu

Yannick Ngakoue

Dawuane Smoot

Dante Fowler

Marcus Davenport

Shaq Lawson

Rasheem Green

All guys who could help us to different degrees.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just feel in this scheme everything defensively has to be about the DL...look at the Eagles with Jonathan Gannon (former DB coach under Flus) & Bills with Lesley Frasier (All the Lovie connections)...those guys are brining wave after wave of pass rushers and it makes everybody's job in the back seven so much easier...

I also think there are some good options in free agency before we even get to the draft...

Da'Ron Payne

Javon Hargrave

Zach Allen

Dre'Mont Jones

A'Shawn Robinson

Dalvin Tomlinson

Teair Tart (RFA)

Jordan Phillips

Kevin Strong Jr

Charles Omenihu

Yannick Ngakoue

Dawuane Smoot

Dante Fowler

Marcus Davenport

Shaq Lawson

Rasheem Green

All guys who could help us to different degrees.

Those guys would be my biggest targets, and i would want to sign at least 2 of them with the expectation our FRP is also a DL/edge

1 minute ago, HuskieBear said:

Those guys would be my biggest targets, and i would want to sign at least 2 of them with the expectation our FRP is also a DL/edge

I want two of the top guys and at least one of the others...I think that then gives you real flexibility in the draft.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't see any reason why we don't have 20-25 new players on this roster next season.

Easy.  More.  Its how many quality youngish guys you sign to multi-year contracts that will be interesting.

Against how many 1 year journeyman contracts you give.

I know he wants to primarily build through draft, but he has to hit a floor on spending over 4 years I think it is.   So some real FA spending will have to be done. 

But on other hand with so much dead and spent money he may not be as far from floor as we may think even with the large amount of cap space.

I don't believe it will be quite the FA spending spree many Bears fans are expecting to see this offseason.  

29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Easy.  More.  Its how many quality youngish guys you sign to multi-year contracts that will be interesting.

Against how many 1 year journeyman contracts you give.

I know he wants to primarily build through draft, but he has to hit a floor on spending over 4 years I think it is.   So some real FA spending will have to be done. 

But on other hand with so much dead and spent money he may not be as far from floor as we may think even with the large amount of cap space.

I don't believe it will be quite the FA spending spree many Bears fans are expecting to see this offseason.  

I think we need to work the tiers...I expect at least two tier 1 talents probably on 4+ year talents...four-six tier 2 talents probably on 2-3 years deals...then a lot of guys on 1 year deals as depth or competition from the lower tiers...I think he has to give himself a few "needs" as possible heading into the draft so he can be true to his board and take the best talent possible as well as to given him the flexibility to move about whenever he sees fit...he was really clear he wants to give himself as many swings as possible and it is tough to do that if you have a lot of really definitive needs.

• Like 1