Rose Bowl amends contract, clearing way for 12 team playoff

beekay414

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Outside of Notre Dame, Clemson is probably the next big fish to catch.  Obviously, you've got those secondary schools (like Oregon, Florida State, Miami, etc.), but it feels like Clemson is the first real non-Notre Dame domino to fall.

I think the timing of it is going to vary wildly based on the specific financial situations in each school. Notre Dame especially is going to beat to its own drum.

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think the timing of it is going to vary wildly based on the specific financial situations in each school. Notre Dame especially is going to beat to its own drum.

I see it as more of a trickle down effect.  As soon as Clemson makes a move, I think we're going to see other schools move quickly.  If Clemson goes to the Big 10 (less likely), I think the SEC would move to lock down Florida State, Miami, etc.  If Clemson goes to the SEC, than I think we're going to see the Big 10 raid the Pac-12 again.  And I think the Big 12 ends up scraping together what's left of the Pac-12 and ACC.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:08 PM, pf9 said:

The 12-team format should divide the bracket along the Mason-Dixon Line.

The top 6 teams in the final CFP rankings from the South as defined by the US Census Bureau (that includes Maryland) would compete to fill one berth in the CFP title game in the Bowden bracket.

The top 6 teams from outside the South would compete in the Osborne bracket to fill in the other title game berth.

What about using the Mississippi river too, and making 4 quadrants, each bringing 4 teams?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m interested to see what the Census Bureau would say about the divider of the Mississippi river though. 

Surely there’s a monument somewhere on our continent that is a central point for an even population split of north, south, east, and west. 

Lake of the Ozarks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’m interested to see what the Census Bureau would say about the divider of the Mississippi river though. 

Surely there’s a monument somewhere on our continent that is a central point for an even population split of north, south, east, and west. 

The Waffle House on Lone Oak Road in Paducha, Kentucky seems about right based on the trends of the last 10 years and last available data set in 2020.