WEEK 13: Bronco's @ Ravens

AKRNA

It feels weird to say it out loud. But I’m over the anger part of this completely. In fact, at this point I’m not sure I can really call myself a broncos fan anymore. At least not one that’s truly invested in what happens with this current team. We’ve been dealt so many years of ineptitude that I keep catching myself not giving a sh*t lol. And that really sucks.. Would have never imagined that was possible a few years ago. 
It’s crazy; I’ve never seen a team flat out refuse to win a football game the way this one does. An offense that can’t score a single touchdown, and the best defense in the league until it matters.. But with the game on the line, they’re going to give up that touchdown drive every single time, as they have over and over this year. They’re choke artists. All of them, from the coach to the water boy. I don’t know who these wannabes are, but they’re not my Denver Broncos.  

• Like 1

Same here.

I caught myself checking out towards the end of Fangio's tenure and this feeling of apathy has only been continuing to increase with each week after London four weeks ago.

By now, I watch the more interesting matchups and/or Redzone instead. Today, for example, my NFC side chick Atlanta got another look. Under Arthur Smith, the Falcons actually know how to turn questionable talent into quality efforts.

With Denver, however, I just continue to acknowledge the ever lower levels of ineptitude on NFL scoreboards somewhere and on this forum.

And this lack of investment will not change until at least Hackett is fired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

This team needs a Fox/Kubiak type of coach so badly. Just a pro who understands the details that win games at the margins. We always lose at the margins. The 2015 team goes 7-9 with our last three HCs.

I disagree.  This isn’t a margins win/loss, it’s a lack of a competent QB loss.  Drew Lock would be better.  Paton and company messed up and messed up big time. 

Edited by germ-x
  • Like 1

13.8 points per game with a QB you paid $250M.  This is all on Paton’s player evaluation and Wilson’s ability.  Any competent QB has this team with a winning record regardless of what anyone thinks of Hackett or Kubiak.  Wilson’s that bad.  That’s the issue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

13.8 points per game with a QB you paid $250M.  This is all on Paton’s player evaluation and Wilson’s ability.  Any competent QB has this team with a winning record regardless of what anyone thinks of Hackett or Kubiak.  Wilson’s that bad.  That’s the issue. 

It’s a multi-system/person failure on many levels.. 

That said, and I’m generally curious here, what do you think is the best move going forward? Do we clean house, including Paton? 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I’m trending to holding Hackett in a higher regard than Wilson lately, but it’s a bit off a toss up. Given Wilson’s contract I tend to agree that he’s performing worse than Hackett. Paton’s pause at firing Hackett makes me wonder about his next move(s) as GM. Why not keep them both for one more year…worst case scenario we get a very high draft pick and go QB. That seems like a quicker way out of this mess if it continues. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

That said, and I’m generally curious here, what do you think is the best move going forward? Do we clean house, including Paton? 

Keep everything intact for another year. But definitely replace the training staff.

45 minutes ago, Zukhyubern said:

Don’t really have an answer for that because I think Paton has been phenomenal outside of the Wilson acquisition.  However, giving up multiple first round picks and then giving Wilson the contract he did might make all his terrific moves moot.

Obviously Paton and Company traded what they did and paid Wilson what they did so there is fault there, but I don’t think firing Hackett or replacing coaches or GMs is the biggest issue.  It’s Wilson.  Again, obvious mistake to make him the 2nd or 3rd highest paid player in the NFL, but any changes made don’t matter if Wilson is still the starting QB.  

Now denver has been in games and Hackett’s made blunders but for goodness sake I don’t care if you we have a coach that runs triple option, a good QB is scoring more than 13 points a game. Wilson is paid to play like Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, and he plays like a borderline backup.

48 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

Keep everything intact for another year. But definitely replace the training staff.

Like…honestly maybe?? Hackett’s schemes are getting guys open, Kubiak’s play-calling has given the offence a better rhythm, and there’s nothing we can do about getting Mr. Unliiiiimited off the roster. Unless you can find some legitimate offensive guru like Mike McDaniel, running it back might not be the worst option.

Besides from a PR standpoint, of course.

When Wilson was traded for and signed the expectation was an MVP candidate. That’s the only reason you give up those assets and pay that money.  I don’t care what the scheme is that’s the caliber of play expected and Russell Wilson has fallen embarrassingly well short of those expectations.  

#1 problem in Denver is the QB position.

• Like 4

Yeah I looked at the broadcast schedule earlier this week - Broncos only locally broadcast game - and decided right away I’d hit the bar for the morning games. 

I really don’t like saying it because it makes me sound like a fair weather fan but I just don’t care to watch the team. I’ve become just apathetic. Lots and lots of great football out there, why waste any more time with this team when are just far more intriguing games on? 

• Like 1