Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3- Trailer released

Acgott

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

there is no fatigue, box office numbers prove that. They have their second, 8th, and 11th highest grossing movies in phase 4. 

And what do those ones that you’re pointing out have in common? Sequels…

Now go and tell me how those wholly new franchises in Phase 4 stacked up? 

I didn’t say people threw in the towel on Superhero’s. But there is superhero fatigue out there, especially for things people aren’t already invested in

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

And what do those ones pure pointing out have in common? Sequels…

Now go and tell me how those wholly new franchises in Phase 4 stacked up? 

I didn’t say people threw in the towel on Superhero’s. But there is superhero fatigue out there, especially for things people aren’t already invested in

Some will continue to watch them all.

Me from the start, i only watched selective ones, and the ones im interested in became fewer and fewer.

That said, im a huge james gunn fan and will definitely watch gotg3.

But thats probably it for a while, and i didnt watch most of phase 4

14 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Some will continue to watch them all.

Me from the start, i only watched selective ones, and the ones im interested in became fewer and fewer.

That said, im a huge james gunn fan and will definitely watch gotg3.

But thats probably it for a while, and i didnt watch most of phase 4

I have watched every single thing Marvel and DC, so I will be one of them that sees them all, and I will go multiple times for the best of them. While only anecdotally, these movies are less full than last phase. 

But if we want to talk actual numbers, I believe Phase 4 also includes 3 of the 5 lowest world wide grossing films (all the brand new series) only being bottomed by films released over a decade ago

World wide isnt always as useful, so domestic I think it’s like 3 of the bottom 8 opening weekends, and 3 of the bottom 9 total domestic.

Again, I’m not saying people are giving up on the MCU, but it’s pretty clear that a chunk of your average audience goers just aren’t latching on to the new stuff. If they aren’t already invested from the original 3 Phases, they don’t feel like they are obliged to see it. Not in theaters at least

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Again, I’m not saying people are giving up on the MCU, but it’s pretty clear that a chunk of your average audience goers just aren’t latching on to the new stuff. If they aren’t already invested from the original 3 Phases, they don’t feel like they are obliged to see it. Not in theaters at least

I agree because im basicially there.

Heres how many i watched

Phase 1: 3 (1 in theater)

Phase 2: 2  (1 in theaters)

Phase 3:  5 or 6 (3 in theaters). This is the best phase

Phase 4: 1 (1 in theaters)

Phase 5: will watch 1, probably in theaters

Phase 6: will watch 1, probably not in theaters

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

World Wide Grosses for MCU franchise starters:

Iron Man: $585 million
Incredible Hulk: $264 million
Thor: $449 million
CA First Avenger: $370 million
Guardians: $773 million
Ant-Man: $519 million
Doctor Strange: $677 million
Homecoming: $880 million
Black Panther: $1.38 Billion
Captain Marvel: $1.12 Billion
Shang Chi: $432 million
Eternals: $402 million

Spiderman wasn't exactly a new property, Captain Marvel was riding high as the buffer between Infinity War and Endgame, Black panther was a cultural event. I don't think you can expect mega numbers for what the general audience essentially sees as new IP's that aren't nearly as well known as the OG Avengers.  If the 2nd Shang Chi makes less than the first, then you might have a problem.

The MCU is likely going to rake it in for 2023 with Quantamania, Guardians 3 (seen as the last one essentially too), and I think The Marvels will do good box office too.  I don't think the lead up to Kang and Secret Wars will do Infinity War/Endgame numbers either, but I also don't think it's fair to expect that kind of numbers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...