HoF Semifinalists Announced

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Ty Law, Ray Lewis, Jimmy Johnson, Moss and T.O. would be my ballot.

Replace Law with Faneca and that is my ballot.

I may consider replacing TO with Dawkins only because I don't like going two of the same position if it can be avoided. But given that Moss and Owens are clearly among the 5 best I probably break that in this case and take them both.

1 hour ago, RuskieTitan said:

One is a Steeler and the other is a Jaguar.

21 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Pretty much, yeah.

3 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Respect to Hines Ward... but why is he a semifinalist over Jimmy Smith?

Umm....Jimmy Smith has 200 more yards than Ward and Ward has 18 more TDs.    Ward also played in a run first offense with garbage QBs for the first 6 years of his career.

Now, Im not saying one necessarily deserves it more than the other, but you guys are making it out to be some travesty when it isnt.    

But opposing fans have always hated on Ward, especially fans who used to be old AFC Central foes like Jags and Titans fans.

And before you try to label be as a "homer", I dont even think Ward should make the HOF given the backlog of WR and other deserving players....but Jimmy Smith isnt notably more deserving than Hines.

6 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Because he played for the Steelers. 

The Hines Ward hate on here has always been entertaining.  xD

I still remember when that one Bengals fan went nuts after he destroyed Keith Rivers jaw.     Wonder what happened to that playboy.   

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Umm....Jimmy Smith has 200 more yards than Ward and Ward has 18 more TDs.    Ward also played in a run first offense with garbage QBs for the first 6 years of his career.

Now, Im not saying one necessarily deserves it more than the other, but you guys are making it out to be some travesty when it isnt.    

But opposing fans have always hated on Ward, especially fans who used to be old AFC Central foes like Jags and Titans fans.

And before you try to label be as a "homer", I dont even think Ward should make the HOF given the backlog of WR and other deserving players....but Jimmy Smith isnt notably more deserving than Hines.

I don't know how I'm hating on Hines Ward. I liked him a lot as a player and was 8 years old the last season that the AFC Central existed. I appreciate the first half of your reply though.

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Apparently he  reinvented the wheel when it came to blocking or something. At least that's what a Pittsburgh fan tried to tell me once. 

Dude...What??? uhmm Smith is only 200 yards ahead of ward..Smith is 200 yards behind ward in receptions since ward has 1000....plus ward is way ahead in TD receptions...ward is 16th all time....smith is like in the freaking 50s....it's not even close really ...especially when you add the playoff and championship achievements.....

Simeon Rice is being seriously overlooked right now. There are only 18 guys EVER who have more career sacks (122). And he only played 12 seasons; eight of which he finished with double digits sacks. He also has 28 forced fumbles and five INTs. He has seven career playoff games, seven career playoff sacks. He's got a Super Bowl ring in one of the biggest Super Bowl blowouts of all time; in which he had two sacks. Three Pro Bowls. He also left college as the B1G all time sack leader.

His only "knock" is Pro Bowls. Everything else is there.

Archived