The Other Games Thread Week 13

Iron_man

The other games thread starts with Sunday afternoon football.
Thursday: Bills at Patriots
Sunday Noon: Jets at Vikings, Broncos at Ravens, Steelers at Falcons, Browns at Texans, Titans at Eagles, Commanders at Giants, Packers at Bears, Jaguars at Lions
Sunday Late: Chiefs at Bengals, Chargers at Raiders, Seahawks at Rams, Dolphins at 49ers
Sunday Night: Colts at Cowboys
Monday Night: Saints at Bucs
Sunday has some interesting games on the slate. Which games are you planning on watching? For me, Jets at Vikings(Can white keep up the magic of last week?), Washington at Giants should be good too. The late games, Dolphins at 9ers looks to be good. Then probably round out my weekend with Colts at Cowboys and Saints at Bucs.

2 hours ago, m haynes said:

Watch it so I can see if Jets do a better job on Jefferson.

I was thinking the same.. especially because I honestly believe the Jets with an above average QB and Breece Hall would be a championship contender. 

The AFC East is stacked for the foreseeable future 

54 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

I was thinking the same.. especially because I honestly believe the Jets with an above average QB and Breece Hall would be a championship contender. 

The AFC East is stacked for the foreseeable future 

We have he 4th best roster in the division. Zach Wilson just sucks 

Lol imagine how much worse this would be if they picked the right QB at 2 

2 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

We have he 4th best roster in the division. Zach Wilson just sucks 

Lol imagine how much worse this would be if they picked the right QB at 2 

Very true, if they had picked Fields the Patriots would likely be 4-8 right now. Overall, Joe Douglas has done a great job assembling the Jets.. still amazing that he would have gone so boom or bust with the QB position. Given the talent on the team they could have even gone with Mac, the low floor guy and been in amazing shape right now given all the pieces they have on offense. Wilson/Moore/Hall is an awesome core

39 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Very true, if they had picked Fields the Patriots would likely be 4-8 right now. Overall, Joe Douglas has done a great job assembling the Jets.. still amazing that he would have gone so boom or bust with the QB position. Given the talent on the team they could have even gone with Mac, the low floor guy and been in amazing shape right now given all the pieces they have on offense. Wilson/Moore/Hall is an awesome core

Yeah Mac jones isn’t great but on the jets they are probably 12-5. He can manage the game and get the ball to those playmakers 

Edited by CP3MVP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CP3MVP said:

Yeah Mac jokes isn’t great but on the jets they are probably 12-5. He can manage the game and get the ball to those playmakers 

Exactly, on the Jets it's very similar to Tua's situation. Garret Wilson and Elijah Moore would both be 1200 yard receivers with him at QB.. Michael Carter probably has 500 receiving yards and Breece Hall dominates even more with an actual passing game. 

If BB want's Mac to be his QB to go deep into the playoffs.. it's 

1) Coaching (QB Coach and OC) 

2) Get 2 OT's 

3) A receiver that can dominate man coverage and open things up for the rest of the offense 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

BB really needs to look at how Christian Watson is being used .. he is a huge redzone threat. Imagine if they could do similar things with Thornton. 

Forget that. Never happen.  They can't even teach him how to come out of his break. How do you turn a 4.2 (40) WR into 5.2 WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I have a feeling the Patriots wanted Watson .. and once he got picked at the beginning of the 2nd round it caused them to trade up to make sure they could get their backup plan in Thornton. 

For anyone watching the Jets game.. man it would be nice to have a player like Garrett Wilson. I was all about Olave during the draft, I didn't think Wilson would be this good. He didn't seem like a top 10 pick to me but I was 100% wrong

This was a very depressing weekend for me concerning the Pats offense. I watched Red zone and games Sunday.  There is no future for the Pats until the offense is completely overhauled. I'm talking philosophy, players, game plan and anything that's relates to this  so call offense. 

Watching what teams were doing is like listening to the Beastle 1st album compared to Sergeant Pepper!!!!!!!

Even the bad teams with 2nd teamer's are more exciting !!!!!

This team and management has sucked the life out of me. I just don't have the effort or desire to invest. Draft info was my passion, now it's a waste of time. My 1st 30 years was just like today team, no hope no future with BB.  He's to old and he leaving after he breaks the record. He will continue with what he has on offense. Ya he will make changes but are they really changes. Judge ST, Fatt Matt secondary, adviser to BB son.

New OC  someone currently on the staff.   It has been three years and we are going backwards!!!!  Trust me 30 year will go by in a flash and your children or grand children will say  Dad your were so lucky growing up and watching the Pats win.  we are lucky if they have a winning season let alone playoffs !!!!

I'm still a fan however I won't live and dye with this team like I did for the 1st 30 years.  I'm to old any my heart cant take it!!!!!!😁

Edited by m haynes

38 minutes ago, m haynes said:

This was a very depressing weekend for me concerning the Pats offense. I watched Red zone and games Sunday.  There is no future for the Pats until the offense is completely overhauled. I'm talking philosophy, players, game plan and anything that's relates to this  so call offense. 

I'm not quite at this point... I feel a real OC & QB Coach would make dramatic changes. I'm willing to give Billy Yates a pass because it has been his first year as OL coach.. but I would also say to get him an assistant OL coach ( unless BB really wants that to be Patricia) 

I don't think this Offense is in need of a drastic overhaul.. I think with the right coaching you could make DRAMATIC improvements in one offseason. Not Miami level improvements but a major difference. 

Imagine this scenario: 

Free Agency: 

• Sign RT Mike McGlinchey 4yr 42 Million
  • Extend RG Mike Onwenu 4yr 32 Million ( Nice hometown discount because he's a nice guy) 
  • Resign WR Jakobi Meyers 4yr 44 Million

Trade: 

• Trade Kendrick Bourne for a day 3 pick ( That relationship is destroyed .. try to get a 4th or 5th and be happy) 
  • Trade Hunter Henry for a day 3 pick ( He is on the last year of his deal, has under performed, this is a good TE draft and you can save ~10M getting rid of him... I'd be fine with a surprise cut too but feel he has value) 

Draft: 

• Pats trade out of ~15 to ~25 and pick up an extra 2nd and 4th this year ( last year traded 21 to 29 for an extra 3rd and 4th)
  •  ~25 Patriots take WR Kayshon Boutte ( he is a risk but I think he has the highest potential of all the guys in this area) 
  • 2nd round LT Dawand Jones, LT of the future
  • 2nd round LB Henry To'oTo'o, day 1 LB (trade up in the 2nd if necessary)
  • 3rd round TE Dalton Kincaid, day 1 starter at TE 

Trent can be the LT one more year, he isn't the teams biggest problems.. and worse case scenario if he gets beaten out by a rookie halfway through the season that's a good thing. IF you have a good OL coach.. that can immediately become a top 5 OL in the league.. problem solved for now and into the future ( I would draft another OL with the plethora of 4th round picks too.

X - Tyquan Thornton / Davante Parker

Z - Jakobi Meyers / late round pick

Slot - Kayshon Boutte / Jakobi Meyers

I primarily focused on the offense there.. but you can see they will have plenty of money and draft picks to fix the offense and improve the defense. I don't worry so much abotu the players.. I worry about the coaching. They NEED a dramatic improvement on the offensive side of the ball. 

38 minutes ago, m haynes said:

New OC  someone currently on the staff.   It has been three years and we are going backwards!!!!  Trust me 30 year will go by in a flash and your children or grand children will say  Dad your were so lucky growing up and watching the Pats win.  we are lucky if they have a winning season let alone playoffs !!!!

You're advocating for a new OC to be someone on the staff? Or for it to be someone not on the staff? I didn't fully understand that sentence lol 

I have a hard time imagining it being someone on the staff .. otherwise why didn't they just do that this year? Nick Caley is probably gone.. his contract expires this year and I see no reason why he would want to extend. Troy Brown would probably want to move up.. but do you want to have 2 years in a row of drastic transition? Why wouldn't you have just had Troy do it this year so he would have an idea what he was doing next year? 

To me.. it's Bill O'Brien or you've got to go outside of the organization. Zac Robinson please