Week 13: Broncos @ Ravens

DreamKid

51 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Thank you Minny

Cincy up 14-3 on KC. Said it 5-6 weeks ago and got kind of laughed at, but Cincy is the best team in this division. We need to luck out with some self stumbling from Cincy if we want to win the division this year. 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Why do we always play Pittsburgh with our backup QBs lol

It’s revenge for all the times back in the day we got to play them without Big Ben… On another note how big was it that Drake didn’t score… if he gets a TD there we lose this game… they have 4 or 5 more seconds and another time out… so instead of Russ having to get out of bounds he gets the extra yards there and just calls a Timeout… This the luckiest win since 4th and 29… lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

LMFAO.

What are you laughing at. You're already talking about potentially not paying Lamar based on a quarter of play at the time. You consistently show immature and weird behaviour in here. 

I'm glad we won the game but Lamar is this team's QB moving forward. Sure, there's a what if but it's such a tiny percentage. You have your mid game meltdowns often and we tolerate them. 

Unless KC pulls out the miracle, Cincy is going to tie us at 8-4. We still have 3 divisional road games, including @ Cincinnati. Some of which will be with our backup QB.

Time to start rooting against the AFC “in the hunt” WC contenders like Los Angeles and New England.

48 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

What are you laughing at. You're already talking about potentially not paying Lamar based on a quarter of play at the time. You consistently show immature and weird behaviour in here. 

I'm glad we won the game but Lamar is this team's QB moving forward. Sure, there's a what if but it's such a tiny percentage. You have your mid game meltdowns often and we tolerate them. 

I'm laughing at you, if you can't tell. I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious.

Had Xfinity issues with my DVR all day. Watched the game, reading through some of the comments in this thread you’d think Huntley had a superhuman performance.

The offense put up 10 points. No disrespect to Huntley because he’s got the same scrub weapons as Lamar and the same Roman playcalling.

I find it weird that other teams can have a backup come in, play well, realize that’s a mark of having a strong backup QB (and an opposing defense having no film on said QB’s primary tendencies) and still be for their starting QB.

Like Lamar has consistently guided some of the most productive offenses and like we’re seeing with Justin Fields, the impact certain QBs bring to their offenses can’t be fully quantified in completion percentages and passing yards.

Huntley played a well enough game against a strong defense with what he had to work with, but he also scored the least amount of points this offense has had all season. Tbf our defense wasn’t forcing turnovers to gift extra more favorable possessions either.

All in all, I think this game is a reflection as to the failures of both Greg Roman and EDC. You can’t light teams up with 30 good TEs and -0 good WRs. The best you can hope for is a super efficient game manager that doesn’t lose games in this kind of offense. Yet someone who can increase the efficiency of it by using their legs.

This offense isn’t trash, but is a high floor, low ceiling offense and instead of maximizing that ceiling by taking chances at throwing darts toward the WR position, we threw numerous darts at TE. On top of that we’ve now traded away a 2nd round pick to obtain an ILB who wants to get paid bank and has all the leverage. Now I’m not against the trade, however it limits the future resources to address our weapons issue.

Denver’s defense is also very well coached, so I’m not going to crucify anyone too much.

Gus Edwards isn’t yet 100% and I can’t wait to see what our backfield can look like with Gus, JKD, Hill, and Drake.

• Like 2

On another note, I’m unsure if it’s Stanley’s decision or not, but i am starting to move towards the @DreamKid opinion. No way should he be sitting out games now.

I can understand waiting to come back until 100% because of what happened last season, but if he truly was “okay” after the roll up then why was he not playing today. You’ve got Mekari making significantly less playing with an injury.

Stanley sitting out with what he’s making at this point in the season when you can see that guys like Hamilton are limping around playing hurt, Mekari is hitting through an injury/rotation with Faalele, Gus not looking 100% either and it’s seriously embarrassing that he’s still sitting out… on the day Marshal Yanda is getting inducted into the ring of honor no less. And this isn’t just a Lamar got hurt thing, this is a take a week or two to recover but if you said you’re okay, you don’t need to be taking a month off to feel better. Unless he’s got a high ankle sprain or something, but nothing has been particularly reported. Dude already got paid, he needs to play.

Now if Lamar decides to sit out because he’s got no guarantees, I can’t blame him for prioritizing his health because the team didn’t prioritize his guaranteed dollars. But Stanley’s situation is becoming/become inexcusable at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

On another note, I’m unsure if it’s Stanley’s decision or not, but i am starting to move towards the @DreamKid opinion. No way should he be sitting out games now.

I can understand waiting to come back until 100% because of what happened last season, but if he truly was “okay” after the roll up then why was he not playing today. You’ve got Mekari making significantly less playing with an injury.

Stanley sitting out with what he’s making at this point in the season when you can see that guys like Hamilton are limping around playing hurt, Mekari is hitting through an injury/rotation with Faalele, Gus not looking 100% either and it’s seriously embarrassing that he’s still sitting out… on the day Marshal Yanda is getting inducted into the ring of honor no less. And this isn’t just a Lamar got hurt thing, this is a take a week or two to recover but if you said you’re okay, you don’t need to be taking a month off to feel better. Unless he’s got a high ankle sprain or something, but nothing has been particularly reported. Dude already got paid, he needs to play.

Now if Lamar decides to sit out because he’s got no guarantees, I can’t blame him for prioritizing his health because the team didn’t prioritize his guaranteed dollars. But Stanley’s situation is becoming/become inexcusable at this point.

Don't you dare leave me out of the "Stanley is soft and choosing to miss as much time as possible" crowd...I got that train rolling in training camp!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Don't you dare leave me out of the "Stanley is soft and choosing to miss as much time as possible" crowd...I got that train rolling in training camp!!

Now I’d rather not misrepresent arguments and I’m too lazy to go back and extrapolate the entirety right now, but @DreamKid appeared to be one of, “you’re making x amount and everyone in the NFL plays hurt.”

Whereas you seemed to argue (or perhaps that was @AFlaccoSeagulls) more that he should just not play if he couldn’t make it back to play by preseason because of the amount of time it took vs the injury itself.

Either way my point of contention was protecting against further injuries by returning when it’s structurally safe and he’s looking objectively good and not just trying to play to show that he’s tough. 

He returned when he did and looked mighty good. Better than I expected him to look, he had time to rebuild muscle, and conditioning to perform. So we know what the new baseline is now, whereas his return last season was absolute turd juice, so I was willing to wait a few weeks into the season to get an All Pro than a solid starter… early in the season, but this is crunch time. This is the time of the year when teams need to be putting together their identity towards a playoff push. And you can’t do that if “star” players are going to continue to sit for little to no reason.

At this point in the process though, I can agree with the idea that if he continues to miss games without explanation then indeed he’s mentally soft.

There are some quality OL options in this draft (from what I hear, I haven’t scouted yet) and perhaps it would be better for this team to trade Stanley for such an option if it means we get a chance at a cheaper, healthier option, and trade some talent/experience for heart and youth.

Some team with less of a scrambling option could still use his AP skill set without as much fear that he’ll get rolled up on and miss half the season. And with the state of OL around the league, we should be able to still obtain a premium selection.

I’m not fully into that area of thought, but if I’m EDC it’s something I’d at least strongly consider if I can move Stanley for a top 10ish pick. Unless his mentality drastically changes.

Edited by diamondbull424

10 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Now I’d rather not misrepresent arguments and I’m too lazy to go back and extrapolate the entirety right now, but @DreamKid appeared to be one of, “you’re making x amount and everyone in the NFL plays hurt.”

Whereas you seemed to argue (or perhaps that was @AFlaccoSeagulls) more that he should just not play if he couldn’t make it back to play by preseason because of the amount of time it took vs the injury itself.

Either way my point of contention was protecting against further injuries by returning when it’s structurally safe and he’s looking objectively good and not just trying to play to show that he’s tough. 

He returned when he did and looked mighty good. Better than I expected him to look, he had time to rebuild muscle, and conditioning to perform. So we know what the new baseline is now, whereas his return last season was absolute turd juice, so I was willing to wait a few weeks into the season to get an All Pro than a solid starter… early in the season, but this is crunch time. This is the time of the year when teams need to be putting together their identity towards a playoff push. And you can’t do that if “star” players are going to continue to sit for little to no reason.

At this point in the process though, I can agree with the idea that if he continues to miss games without explanation then indeed he’s mentally soft.

There are some quality OL options in this draft (from what I hear, I haven’t scouted yet) and perhaps it would be better for this team to trade Stanley for such an option if it means we get a chance at a cheaper, healthier option, and trade some talent/experience for heart and youth.

Some team with less of a scrambling option could still use his AP skill set without as much fear that he’ll get rolled up on and miss half the season. And with the state of OL around the league, we should be able to still obtain a premium selection.

I’m not fully into that area of thought, but if I’m EDC it’s something I’d at least strongly consider if I can move Stanley for a top 10ish pick. Unless his mentality drastically changes.

The crux of my argument was always "he's had x amount of time to heal, he's practiced for weeks, 2-3 weeks isn't going to make a significant difference in recovery from where he is at, if he sits out games it's because he's choosing not to play...if you're healthy enough to play in week 6 after all of that time off from surgery, you were probably healthy enough to play in week 2/3/4".

My argument wasn't that he shouldn't play, it's that he needed too earlier than he did. You could even hear Harbaugh growing frustrated with it in the presser comments at a certain point.

• Like 1