Week 13: Broncos @ Ravens

DreamKid

2 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Yeah, agreed. This has happened way too much. Lamar has happy feet and I feel like he's so deep in his own head. He's not seeing wide open guys, it's a bit worrisome. 

To me Lamar’s issue is the same as it’s always been… he doesn’t think check downs matter because he feels like he can always get 5-10 yards with his legs… He first instinct/read is always the deep route unless it’s specified to a shorter route in the actual play call…You can just tell.. he has to start just taking what the defense gives him… if he does that his Completion percentage will skyrocket and his sacks taken will plummet… 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

So what're we thinking on the LJ8 injury? We all know Harbaugh sucks at telling the public if folks are cooked or not. I expect LJ8 back against the Bengals, if at all. And my soul hurts.

He said days to weeks, Lamar got the MRI and now he said it’s more like weeks and he MIGHT be able to make it back for Pittsburgh but is unlikely. He said the next game would be the first game he’s got a real chance.

I’d expect Lamar will be back for either the Browns or the Falcons, more realistically I’d expect the Falcons.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

So what're we thinking on the LJ8 injury? We all know Harbaugh sucks at telling the public if folks are cooked or not. I expect LJ8 back against the Bengals, if at all. And my soul hurts.

Strained PCL is 1-3 weeks, according to Schefter.

So looking at our schedule it looks like he will definitely miss PIT and Cleveland. Depending on if we win those games (which we should), if we're 2-0 I also sit him against Atlanta and bring him back against PIT round 2.

You can make the argument to bring him back against an easier team like Atlanta to ease him back into it, though, depending on how he's feeling. Ultimately I think the timetable largely depends on Huntley and how he does.

Tyus Bowser has become one of the best outside run defenders in the league, it's so hard to stop him from getting on that outside shoulder and beating stretch concepts. Kyle Hamilton is a missile at Big Nickel with ludicrous length. Marlon Humphrey might be one of the all time boundary CB run defenders. Then you throw in Roquan's burst & trigger... Wow.-

So fun watching all these guys attack one side of the field.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Tyus Bowser has become one of the best outside run defenders in the league, it's so hard to stop him from getting on that outside shoulder and beating stretch concepts. Kyle Hamilton is a missile at Big Nickel with ludicrous length. Marlon Humphrey might be one of the all time boundary CB run defenders. Then you throw in Roquan's burst & trigger... Wow.-

So fun watching all these guys attack one side of the field.

You said it perfect. Very fun to watch. Really hope there's a way we can keep Roquan in the fold beyond this year. He has transformed this D. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

You said it perfect. Very fun to watch. Really hope there's a way we can keep Roquan in the fold beyond this year. He has transformed this D. 

As good as Roquan has been it’s been the growth and development of Hamilton that has been the bigger difference in our defense… The jaguars game showed us how irreplaceable he has been… Outside of Marlon the role he plays on our defense is probably the most important one on the whole team… 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

As good as Roquan has been it’s been the growth and development of Hamilton that has been the bigger difference in our defense… The jaguars game showed us how irreplaceable he has been… Outside of Marlon the role he plays on our defense is probably the most important one on the whole team… 

Well the good thing about both of your posts is that there's almost no way we're NOT going to keep Roquan and Hamilton is obviously here for the next 4 years so those pieces should be solidified.

I will say Hamilton's ascendance this year has been a godsend for this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well the good thing about both of your posts is that there's almost no way we're NOT going to keep Roquan and Hamilton is obviously here for the next 4 years so those pieces should be solidified.

I will say Hamilton's ascendance this year has been a godsend for this team.

Yup and with Marcus Williams back on the horizon, Hamilton’s ascendence ensures we won’t bench him, sucks that Clark likely gets the start over the superior safety option Geno Stone.

Williams, Stone, and Hamilton in big nickel would be quite formidable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup and with Marcus Williams back on the horizon, Hamilton’s ascendence ensures we won’t bench him, sucks that Clark likely gets the start over the superior safety option Geno Stone.

Williams, Stone, and Hamilton in big nickel would be quite formidable.

This better be the lineup… Clark has been a consistent liability and with smith now acclimated to the system there’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to take over the green dot so we can have the best players on the field majority of the snaps… 

31 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

This better be the lineup… Clark has been a consistent liability and with smith now acclimated to the system there’s no reason he shouldn’t be able to take over the green dot so we can have the best players on the field majority of the snaps… 

Harbaugh is loyal to a fault is why. That and form a front office perspective, I’m unsure if they might feel there’s some value to be mined from not benching Clark for trade demand in the offseason.

But yeah, I’m with you. Most anyone can see who our best safety options are at this point… and that doesn’t involve Clark. Hopefully they make the right call and hopefully Clark doesn’t become a cancer when they do.