BDL 2022 Week 12 - Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Gotham Gashslayers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2022 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 12

Match:  Camden Hood Rats @ Gotham Gashslayers

Away Owner:  @Jlash

Home Owner:  @Whicker

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Camden

QB- Justin Fields
RB- Austin Ekeler
WR- AJ Brown
WR- Gabe Davis
WR- Treylon Burks
TE- Gerald Everett
LT- Jonah Williams
LG- Cesar Ruiz
C- Bradley Bozeman
RG- Kevin Zeitler
RT- Chuks Okorafor

WR- Nico Collins
WR- Terrace Marshall Jr
TE- Harrison Bryant
RB- Pierre Strong Jr
OL/RB/Hback- Zach Tom
OL- Max Mitchell
OL- Ben Cleveland
QB- Andy Dalton

DE- Yannick Ngakoue
DT- Josh Allen
DT- Montez Sweat
DE- Josh Uche
CB- L’Jarius Sneed
CB- Asante Samuel Jr
CB- Jeff Okudah
CB- CJ Henderson
CB- Bryce Callahan
S- Amani Hooker
S- Marcus Epps

DE- Joseph Ossai
DE- Boye Mafe
DT- Osa Odighizuwa
DT- Milton Williams
LB- Frankie Luvu
LB- Drue Tranquill
LB- Leighton Vander Esch
S- Keanu Neal

Gotham

QB – Mac Jones
RB – Jeff Wilson
WR – Tyreek Hill
WR – DeAndre Hopkins
WR – Tee Higgins
WR – Christian Kirk
LT – Jake Matthews
LG – Laken Tomlinson
C – Scott Quessenberry
RG – Shaq Mason
RT – Taylor Moton

Bench

QB – Jacoby Brissett
RB – Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB – Caleb Huntley
WR – Alec Pierce
TE – Juwan Johnson
TE – Adam Trautman
OL – Greg van Roten
OL – Jack Conklin

Defense

LE – Demarcus Lawrence
DT – Chris Jones

DT – Shelby Harris
RE – Arnold Ebiketie
LB – Germaine Pratt
LB – Jamin Davis
CB – Ahmad Gardner
CB – Xavien Howard
CB – Tyson Campbell
S – Tre'Von Moehrig

S – Terrell Edmunds

Bench

Edge – AJ Espenesa
Edge – Chandler Jones
Int – Fletcher Cox
Int – Perrion Winfrey
LB – Malik Harrison
CB – Rock Ya-Sin
CB – Andrew Booth Jr
S – Darnell Savage

Edited by RedGold

Camden

Offense

We come into the final week against a Gotham team we started the season against and they’re a much different looking unit now, as are we. They’ve got a strong group of young corners to match us but that won’t stop us from doing what we want to do.

Running or not, here we come- We think Fields will play, but even if he doesn’t our goal will be to spread the field. Difference being with Fields in play, spreading the defense out becomes infinitely more dangerous because we’ll have lots of designed runs for Fields in play today and then we’ll get to run PA and misdirection plays off of that. If it’s the Red Rifle, we just like getting our guys in space to do damage after the catch.

Zach Tom package- He’s our unsung hero, and we want to acknowledge Tom today. We have him listed as a sub package OL but he’ll get a couple goal line carries, he’ll line up at FB and we’ll even have him play an H-back role at times today. Expect this young stud to get around 20 snaps today and it’s gonna be a problem for defenses. I’m thinking at least one TD.

Defense (blitzball zone coverage orbs maven blaster ball)

The Gotham offense is unique in that it has a gaggle of incredible receivers but has a noodle armed puss boy who is employed and tasked with getting them the ball. So it’s important to get the little fella scared back there so he doesn’t wanna do his job.

Ooops, all rushers!- So today we’re just putting all our pass rushers on the field to get after Jones. Our ‘sub package’ rushers Ngakoue and Uche are speedballs that have 15.5 sacks between the two of them this year and we’re gonna put them on the field opposite each other and see what kind of havoc they can cause. Allen and Sweat move to the interior and can use their length and speed to attack the guards of Gotham.

Ngakoue salute- This offseason, the Oakland Raiders signed Chandler Jones and instantly traded Ngakoue to the Colts with NFL headlines saying “The Raiders FINALLY get a pass rushing compliment for Crosby!”. Well, last year Ngakoue had more sacks than his counterpart in Crosby, and his feelings were hurt at these headlines. Flash forward to now, where Ngakoue has 8.5 sacks, Jones doesn’t have a single total sack and he’s a bench player for Gotham. So we gave Ngakoue the start today as a salute to him, never had less than 8 sacks in a season in his career and just goes about his business in a bright and charitable manner no matter where he is. Win or lose today we’ll give Yannick the game ball, a game ball, an 8 ball. Whatever he wants to helping Camden all these years.

Coverage Orbs- No LB’s today because Gotham’s TE’s are buns and we want to stop their WR’s so we just have 7 guys back there playings weird zones and running around like maniacs hoping to catch one of those sailing, wobbling doo doo balls that Mac Jones tosses out there.

Gotham

Another year comes to close in Gotham's journey to Hell and back. The trip has been extremely long, arduous, and full of unfortunate setbacks – both unlucky and self-inflicted. And yet, the light is only now beginning to show itself. Who will see it to the end? When will it come? These are the questions that plague the still unstable franchise. I can promise that each step along the way, when I tried, I legitimately tried. Yes, sometimes the burden of it all was significant weight, but the dropping of the ball was not one of necessarily deliberate intention, and surely not to bring actual harm onto the league itself, but one of many moments of true weakness that unfortunately can cross over onto the BDL world. The say the road to (BDL) Hell is paved with good intentions, and I can confirm that statement.

This week we go against Mr Lash, who has proven himself time and time again as a marvel of BDL consistency and excellence. I have long aspired to achieve sustained success in this league, and I look to many of the tenants of the Jlash model in order to move forward with this goal. Unfortunately, unlike at the beginning of this year, I do not get to face him at his full strength. Regardless, my respect for him remains at the maximum and I still consider his team among the BDL's best.

Despite everything, I have one actual identity. One that I take absolute pride in. For those of you who have known me for all this time... you know. Does it make me predictable? While in reality I would absolutely say no, it surely is in terms of BDL. We still have to line it all up: talent v talent. I do what I can to simplify the game and then try to create excellence within that simplicity. Since taking back over, I've simply challenged each and every opponent to line themselves up and run with my receivers. This is my game, and it's up the voters to decide the extent of its dominance. At the end of the day, I have confidence in my general strategy, and it is one that people will have to deal with weekly if I remain at the helm of this team. I fully understand that there's a group of people who will never vote for a spread offense in this league, and I will move forward depsite their votes and warnings.

Defensively, I'm apt to be a bit more creative, but not this year at this time. I have two players in Ahmad Gardner and Tyson Campbell that excel in man coverage, and it seems foolish to use them in any different capacity. I will be aggressive with our blitzing and let them lock up whomever Camden rolls with this week on the outside. “Under Pressure” will be the Camden QB theme this week as I will blitz with no abandon. Cover-0? No problem. If we give up a quick score that's just more fun for me as I'll get to call more passing plays.

Edited by RedGold

6 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yo.....I somewhat punted this game plan to not tip my hand for the playoffs and gotta say I may have still out game planned my opponent. Frogs is finally gonna call me a good coach!

robot dance GIF by Desus & Mero

Well he didn't really say much on offense except continue his usual spread and named a couple guys on D.

Now I punted with Kirk Cousins at CB? You like that?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jlash said:

Yo.....I somewhat punted this game plan to not tip my hand for the playoffs and gotta say I may have still out game planned my opponent. Frogs is finally gonna call me a good coach!

robot dance GIF by Desus & Mero

What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

Oh. The time when I won COTY and you were mad about it.

I know you remember that.

I think you’re amazing as a coach.

I thought the principal of someone getting coach of the year with a losing record is not right.