BDL 2022 Week 12 - Death Valley Nightmare @ Flint Tropics

RedGold

Who Wins?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Death Valley Nightmare
    • Flint Tropics

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2022 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 12

Match:  Death Valley Nightmare @ Flint Tropics

Away Owner: @wwhickok

Home Owner:  @LAOJoe @RTTRUTH

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Death Valley Nightmare

Offensive Starting Lineup

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB:  Derrick Henry
WR1: Michael Gallup
WR2:  Jerry Jeudy
WR3(Slot):  Devin Duvernay
TE: Dawson Knox
LT:  Penei Sewell
LG: Jonah Jackson
C : Creed Humphrey
RG:  Alex Cappa
RT:  Morgan Moses

Bench:

RB/WR: Cordarrelle Patterson
RB: Jaylen Warren
WR: Corey Davis
WR: Jahan Dotson
WR: Anthony Schwartz
TE: Tyler Conklin
OT: Andrew Wylie
OG: Kevin Dotson

Defensive Starting Lineup

LEO: Brian Burns
3T: Javon Hargrave
1T: Leonard Williams
5T: Cam Heyward
LB; Zaven Collins
LB: Bobby Wagner
CB1:  Carlton Davis
CB2: Anthony Brown
S: Jeremy Chinn
S: Jevon Holland
S:  Vonn Bell

Bench:

DE: Lorenzo Carter

DE: Kwity Paye
DT: Calais Campbell
LB: Zaire Franklin
CB: Darren Hall
CB: Michael Jackson
CB: Darious Williams
S: Jordan Whitehead

Flint

Offense

QB: Josh Allen
RB: Alvin Kamara
WR: Deebo Samuel
WR: D.J. Moore
WR: Allen Lazard
TE/WR: George Kittle
LT: Taylor Decker
LG: Joel Bitonio
OC: David Andrews
RG: A.J. Cann
RT: Tytus Howard

RB: James Conner
RB: D'Onta Foreman
RB: Devin Singletary
WR/RB: Antonio Gibson
WR: Noah Brown
TE: Hayden Hurst
TE: Kyle Rudolph
OT: Abraham Lucas

Defense

EDGE: Nick Bosa
DT: Jeffery Simmons
NT: Grady Jarrett
DE: Deatrich Wise
CB: James Bradberry
CB: Deommodore Lenoir
CB: Mike Hilton
CB: Cam-Taylor Britt
CB: Decobie Durant
CB: Derion Kendrick
CB: Zech McPhearson

EDGE: Jerry Hughes
DT: Christian Wilkins
CB: Kirk Cousins
LB/S: Nick Scott
LB: TJ Edwards
LB/FS: Julian Love
SS: Tyrann Mathieu
S: Adrian Amos

Edited by RedGold

Death Valley

Motivation: 

This game is for the division title, the first step in the real road to the playoffs.

Offense

• Establish the running game
• Control the clock
• Spread the ball around in the passing game
• Protect Lamar

I am going to approach this game a bit differently than I have every other game this season. In this game well I am still going to run a lot with Derrick Henry, We are going to do so out of a spread offense. Coming into this influence biggest strength in their defensice line. Their biggest weakness could be their lack or secondary depth. More so the big bodied players I have on offense, imo, match up well with their smaller CBs and Safeties.

I am going to run a mix of 4WR/1RB, 3 WR/2RB, 2WR/2TE/1RB, 3WR/1TE/1RB 5WR, formations in this game.

In sets where I have 2 running backs, Patterson will sometimes motion into the slot as a receiver, the other times he will remain in the backfield as botb a running and passing option. I want to use both of our RBs (Henry/Patterson) on inside and outside runs As well as some shallow passing although I will run Patterson out on some longer routes.

In the first half running game, in addition to running in the middle, I want to specifically  do some outside runs with Patterson, with the intent to create a disguise to set up 1 play in the 2nd half, a flea flicker with Patterson/Jackson to Gallup or Jeudy deep.

In the passing game, I am going to take what the defense is willing to give. We will start out attacking the middle area behind the LBs, if they want to take that away, we will test the outside DBs that are absent JC Jackson & Adoree Jackson. Once again this week i intend to play no huddle, ball control but I intend a more balanced approach against this defense. I will roll in some play action, RPOs, quick release routes. Jaylen Warren will serve as a spell back.

Defense

• Pressure the pocket
• Contain Josh Alllen
• Limit the running game
• Don't let Kittle or Deebo go wild

In this game my defense will feature 4-2-5, 3-2-6, and the 4-3 defense. However, our primary defense will be 4-2-5 with Zone Coverage on the outside.

Jevon Holland will be assigned to George Kittle, Brown to Deebo Samuel, Wagner to Alvin Kamara both as a runner and receiver, Chinn or Collins will spy Allen. When Collins spys Allen, Chinn will be in a robber role (especially if more than one TE is on the field), when Chinn spys Allen, Collins will blitz or play the RB (especially true if there is more than 1 RB on the field).

We will approach Singletary in the same regard as Kamara, if Kamara is not on the field, Singeltary will get his assignment. If theyre both on the field I will move Collins' focus to the other RB (as mentioned above). We aee in mo way shape or form ignoring the run or the pass.

We are not ignoring the 800 other RBs they have, the formations they typically run could include any # of them. However is there going to put 2 running back on the field that means one of their playmakers is coming off of the field, The same couldn't be said with the tight end position where they have a couple of other guys that can make an impact but if they're gonna put more than one tight end on the field it means another playmaker is coming off. So as such our coverage and assignments will adjust accordingly.

I itend to rush 4 at all times. When in the Nickel our NB will pick up  Hollands assignement and we will blitz with Holland or Collins of those guys. I intend to use Bell over the top in this game.

I want to force Flint to go outside with their passing game and inside with their running game. So against the pass we will clog the middle with our coverage assignments (per the above outlines).   I trust my outside corners to limit the success there. Against the run, I intend to line up the OLBs or (2 LBs in the 4-2-5 & 3-2-6) to the outside edge of the DEs in a 'contain' role to keep the RB and/QB running into our massive Dline.

If we can limit the running game and keep the passing game in front of us, not give up big plays, I believe we are more than good enough on offense to outscore Flint.

Things we could see is Deebo on Jet Seeeps, as a RB, Kittle and/or Kamara (or another RB) lining up as a WR. None of this will change our approach as I believe the formations we are choosing are set up for succeas against these shananigans.

When Josh Allen scrambles in the pocket or runs in general, he often carries the ball in his right hand away from his body, we are gonna target that to try to cause fumbles.

Flint is most definitely bringing the team they are bringing to the playoffs. No doubt.

Offense:

We are coming in strong with an offense that looks the same as often but the secret sauce is Kyle Rudolph. He has done absolutely nothing this year and DV won't be expecting that. He will come on in 40% of the snaps and score a TD every time. No doubt.

Defense:

Last week we didn't have enough cornerbacks. So this week we wish DV good luck trying to stop the prevent defense. We are giving then NOTHING (deep). No safeties. Everyone is a CB because Safeties aren't allowed to play corner so it might be the same the other way around. CBs. The lot of them. Our safeties and LBs are on the bench to go more "traditional" whenever the hell we feel like it. Fenton didn't play last week and we expect him to be inactive again but no worries. We will play with a safety or 2 instead of the corners if numbers are an issue. And of course we have Kirk Cousins. You've certainly heard him called a cornerback multiple times even if you know it didn't sound completely right. The man can make defensive plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDS9shZfWY

Edited by RedGold

5 hours ago, Blue said:

Because one team intentionally threw this week to manipulate the playoff matchups.

Not true. I just pretty much have nothing to play for. Just like Jlash. Sure, I had had an outside chance at the division but it wasn't happening. Win or lose my opponent was unknown and had like a 50-50 chance of being Rome or DV with no clue which as Rome and IC are pretty neck and neck. So there was no manipulation going on. There is no motive. (EDIT: Well I guess in one way it would be you instead of DV but that is a tossup IMO.) If I wanted to get a better matchup I would have definitely made sure to win because there is a slight chance I can play Anchorage which is the worst matchup on paper. I didn't have the time for a proper write up (I did consider it if I had time) when the week came to it's end so I just made sure to get anything up. I had 2 weeks but I'm a lifelong procrastinator.

Edited by LAOJoe