BDL 2022 Week 12 - Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2022 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 12

Match: Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Away Owner:  @PR

Home Owner:  @Ragnarok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Hungary

QB: Dak Prescott

RB: Rachaad White

WR: DK Metcalf

WR: Tyler Lockett

WR: Adam Thielen

TE: TJ Hockenson

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Andrus Peat

😄 Tyler Linderbaum

RG: Brandon Schereff

RT: Trent Brown

RB: Joe Mixon

RB: James Robinson

RB: Brian Robinson

WR: Marquise Goodwin

WR: AJ Green

TE: Ian Thomas

OL Charles Leno

OL Brady Christensen

Edge: Carlos Dunlap

DT: Akiem Hicks

DT: Armon Watts

Edge: Duwayne Smoot

LB: Shaq Thompson

LB: Logan Wilson

LB: Denzel Perryman

CB: Cameron Sutton Jr.

FS: Harrison Smith

SS: Chuck Clark

CB: Fabian Moreau

Edge: Mike Danna

Edge: Michael Clemons

DT: DaVon Hamilton

LB: Josh Bynes

CB: Roger McCreary

CB: Trayvon Mullen

CB/S: Tre Brown

S: Kareem Jackson

Berlin

Berlin Blitzkrieg
QB – Matt Ryan
RB – Tony Pollard
WR – Brandon Aiyuk
WR – Drake London
WR – Garrett Wilson
TE – Hunter Henry
LT – Kolton Miller
LG – Ryan Bates
C – Corey Linsley
RG – Nate Davis
RT – Spencer Burford

RB – Isiah Pacheco
RB – Kenneth Gainwell
OL – Ed Ingram
OL – Robert Hainsey

DE – Trey Hendrickson
DT – Quinnen Williams
DT – Derrick Brown
DE – Za’Darius Smith
LB – Jordyn Brooks
LB – Tremaine Edmunds
NB – Amik Robertson
CB – Benjamin St-Juste
CB – Troy Hill
S – Camryn Bynum
S - Juan Thornhill

Edge – Nik Bonitto
Edge – D.J. Wonnum
INT – Harrison Phillips
INT – Ta’Quon Graham

Edited by RedGold

Hungary

Offense:  

Berlin's secondary is thread bare. Benford went on IR. St. Juste is out. Troy Hill is questionable with an ankle injury and may miss this week and Robertson played 4 snaps last week. As for safety Winfield is out leaving Maye, Thornhill and Bynum remaining in the secondary. So realistically Berlin may have 4 healthy bodies for the entire coverage.

With the lack of bodies available for Berlin's secondary it's pretty easy to make the call to throw to my three receivers especially with Bynum being a zone only DB due to his lack of athletic ability in press man coverage. DK will be a focal point this week due to his size comparison to Hill who is suffering from an ankle injury (5'10) and Robertson (5'8). His blend of size and speed make him an elite threat all over the field. Lockett and Theilen will also get a solid number of targets. Additionally just to tax whatever secondary they have left Goodwin will have a number of plays out of 4-wide looks as they will not have the numbers to cover 4 receivers on any given play.

In addition to the receivers, TJ and White will be flexed out at different times during the game. This will help determine man versus zone coverage. This will also determine if it is LB or safety coverage. If a safety slides that means receivers are the hot route with the lack of secondary bodies. If it is a LBer, it becomes a Dak decision as that leaves on man to beat on one-to-one coverage.

We won't completely abandon the run, but it will be nearly a 70/30 lean towards pass due to the absolute lack of secondary personnel. If healthy enough Mixon will get some totes along with White. If not White and B. Rob will split carries. This will help keep Berlin's front 7 honest against the pass instead of selling out with the blitz. Dak will also be a threat to tuck and run the ball if an opening is created.

Defense:

Berlin doesn't have a second tackle. Miller returns but Berlin lost Wirfs. This leaves a bunch of centers and guards vying to be Ryan's edge protection that regularly wouldn't make it as OTs in the NFL. Smoot will lineup against the replacement throughout the game to force more pressure in Ryan's face. Additionally, adding Hicks to the middle ends up pulling double teams allowing for LBer blitzes from time to time.

We don't fear Ryan's downfield abilities. Ryan is a dink and dunk QB which relies on timing. We will be playing primarily press man coverage to try to disrupt Ryan's timing. The safetys will be playing a shallow zone to each side of the field to limit YAC.

Berlin has a solid running game with Pollard and Pacheco. Wilson, Thompson and Perryman are stalwarts against the run. If they go with fewer receivers, Perryman will be on the field to add an extra helmet in the box. However, I can foresee Berlin attempting to run from the spread offense due to their number of receivers. In that case, Smith would cover the RB while the LBer relentlessly blitzes the QB. They will already be struggling at RT and with double teaming Hicks. This will allow openings to hit Ryan for big losses in the backfield. If Berlin goes run heavy in power formations, look for more Clark being in the box and Smith going single high.

Berlin

Write-Up
Offense
3 WR – 100% - Henry, Drake, Aiyuk, and Garrett.  This is basically all we can run right now.  So it’s what we will run.

Defense
We have a secondary.  We will run all Cover 2 Zone to limit the big play. 

Edited by RedGold

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

I apologize for the lack of gameplan effort, you deserve better, but I just had no one this week.

You're fine man. I completely understand. When I was doing the research on the offensive game plan last night and I saw everybody that was out I wondered if you were going to submit one at all. I put together a write up just in case. All of your CBs going down over the last couple of weeks leaving you no one left in the secondary is just s*** luck. I look forward to facing you again next season.

7 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

I apologize for the lack of gameplan effort, you deserve better, but I just had no one this week.

At least you put something together. You can only control the roster you have available to you.

Gotta go Hungary here, unfortunately Berlin just continues to get decimated by the injury bug here. Its not for a lack of effort, its for a lack of players to work with.