Week 15 Gameday Thread (Buck/Aikman Edition) - Green Bay Packers (5-8-0) vs. LA/St. Louis/LA Rams (4-9-0)

Striker

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not that I've seen, but they've effectively done so.  He's only played in 11 offensive snaps over the last 2 games for Green Bay.  Samori Toure played in more offensive snaps against the Eagles than Watkins did in two games.

He set critical blocks for the AJD TD and Watson’s sweep TD. At least he’s a big body blocker out there. Too bad he lost his top gear because he was lethal when he first came out.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Not that I've seen, but they've effectively done so.  He's only played in 11 offensive snaps over the last 2 games for Green Bay.  Samori Toure played in more offensive snaps against the Eagles than Watkins did in two games.

I was going to bring that up on Monday, will not be surprised to see the Packers release Watkins in the next week. He was brought in to be part of a championship run and with that gone his veteran presents really is no longer needed. Waive him and let him have a shot at a ring somewhere else. With that said, he seems like the only player on the current Packers roster that fits that demo in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, R T said:

I was going to bring that up on Monday, will not be surprised to see the Packers release Watkins in the next week. He was brought in to be part of a championship run and with that gone his veteran presents really is no longer needed. Waive him and let him have a shot at a ring somewhere else. With that said, he seems like the only player on the current Packers roster that fits that demo in my opinion. 

I would think as long as he's putting in the work the Packers will let him finish the season out.  This might be the end of the line for him.  I guess if he has interest from a contender you let him walk.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I would think as long as he's putting in the work the Packers will let him finish the season out.  This might be the end of the line for him.

They would be doing him a favor by waiving him, not a disservice. There are probably a few playoffs bound teams that would gladly add a veteran on the cheap like him for insurance at this time of year.   

Sammy Watkins is the Marcedes Lewis of WRs. When he comes on the field we run a bubble or run the ball. In the pass game? He wouldn't help a CFP team let alone one in the NFL playoffs.

He's going to stick on our roster because he's busting his *** blocking every week in his dozen snaps and seems like he's just a genuine and well liked dude in the locker room. This is probably the final season of his career though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah, this is a good thing.

Maybe it was a case of Doubs injury and Watson injury and Lazard Injury and Cobb injury forcing things the wrong direction, but the WR room has been a mess all year and Watkins was a big part of the lack of stabilization there.  I think we would have been in a better position trotting out an impotent travis fulgham from the jet if what we wanted was a veteran presence.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:53 AM, waterfish_21 said:

Do you guys think we will win this game.

With Stafford on IR .... Well I don't even know who the Rams backup is but I'm almost certain he's no Brock Purdy or Jordan Love, but bottom line that variable alone is why this should be our lone 20 point plus blowout of the year.  Yeah I know we got Joe Barry, but with how bad the Rams O is and now without their staple QB, that shouldn't even matter.  And I expect Lazard and Watson to do a number on these guys.