QB Jimmy Garoppolo Out For Season With a Broken Foot

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Is Lance able to come back? If I remember, Kyle said something about it earlier this week, but was against it. Do you think anything changes or are we rolling with Purdy and someone off the Practice squad? 

They've said he's not coming back, but we will see if the Jimmy injury impacts that at all. I thought Kyle said his recovery where it needed to be, and if that is the case I don't think that you can speed that up. 

1 minute ago, Psychlone said:

Who's out there for an emergency backup signing? Cam? Glennon? Slim pickins'.

I assume that we will sign someone like Benkert to the PS again. I'm guessing Eason will be the backup at least for a week or two. I really don't know who they could sign that they would feel more comfortable about starting than they do Purdy, tbh. Even Sudfeld is on a team, so we can't even bring him back. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

That sound everyone just heard was everyone remembering that Jimmy can't make it through a full season 

I just mentioned a few days ago that sure Jimmy has stayed healthy thus far, but you know he's going to miss some time soon. Didn't expect it THIS soon and for it to be as bad as it turned out to be. Another SB roster wasted. How many more realistic chances is this core going to have? This team was and is stupid talented on both sides of the ball. Oh well, just not meant to be. 

• Like 1

Just now, adamq said:

Really disappointed they didn't do more to improve the OL this year. They really must have thought Mack was gonna go for one more season

I think they knew he wasn't coming back. I think they were just that comfortable with Brendel. Foerster loves him

• Like 1

Does anyone think with this will be the end of any team signing Jimmy to be the starter going forward? This is now the third season ending injury he's had, and that's not even counting the injury he had in 2016 and the few games he missed last season. No chance he comes back to SF unless it will be for a backup role.

• Like 2