QB Jimmy Garoppolo Out For Season With a Broken Foot

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Seriously!…..looks like it maybe not as bad but he still out for the season? I don’t know what’s going on lol.

He and Trey will be sort of practicing before we start Brock Purdy in the playoffs. We’ll slowly suffocate the Commanders/Giants and edge the Vikings before not having enough juice offensively against the Cowboys/Eagles.

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Unless it's week 18 to make the playoffs against the Rams :)

He was healthy in that game. Got hurt at the end of the 2q (early 3rd?) against the cowboys the following week. 

I really wish he would have stayed healthy. Or at least I wish he would have taken a week off against Green Bay to get right before the nfccg. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kyle says he'd be surprised if they put in a claim on Baker. Could just be saying that hoping teams will be dissuaded from claiming him, but wouldn't surprise me if Kyle isn't a fan

That bailing out of the pocket backwards uselessly footwork has to drive him nuts. The man loves him some feet. Big reason no Fields, I think. You can say a lot of things about Lance’s beat behind timing and inconsistent accuracy, but Lance can climb a pocket.

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

He was healthy in that game. Got hurt at the end of the 2q (early 3rd?) against the cowboys the following week. 

I really wish he would have stayed healthy. Or at least I wish he would have taken a week off against Green Bay to get right before the nfccg. 

He got hurt in the Tennessee game remember. His thumb at least. People thought he was done at that point too. 

He was still hurt by the time the 49ers beat the Rams to make the postseason.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He got hurt in the Tennessee game remember. His thumb at least. People thought he was done at that point. 

Yeah, he was hurt all down the stretch last year. And I still think his knee was banged up pretty good in the Vikings playoff game in 2019. He just wasn’t the same in the Packers or Chiefs games. Now, Jimmy does also really struggle when the pass protection isn’t perfect, but still. 

Forgot that Big Ben played during the 2010 season with a broken foot all the way up until the Super Bowl. Obviously different players, maybe it wasn't the same injury, but yeah...it was a decade ago, happening about the same time as Jimmy got injured in early December.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2011/6/26/2244682/ben-roethlisberger-played-through-a-broken-foot-during-the-super-bowl

He didn't miss a start though, so I dunno. The way Ben described it seemed pretty bad. Guess he was just able to play through it. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

So what do we do if Jimmy can come back during the playoffs but Purdy has managed to keep playing like he did in the Dolphins game and the team is able to win the division with him? Jimmy usually plays horribly when banged up and might throw the offense out of rhythm to switch back but there's a reason a rookie QB has never made it to the Super Bowl

Edited by jonnguy2015