2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

I remember when we traded for Daley, the details of the trade weren’t available yet, but a buddy of mine who is a Panthers fan said we got hosed, no matter what we gave up. I see why you would say that now.

Of course, gotta spread some of that blame to Vrabel for continuing to start him over Radunz, whose one start at LT last year was leagues better than Daley.

But of course, the only blocking tgag matters is pass blocking.

Edited by Daniel

7 minutes ago, 615finest said:

I think Lewan will take a pay cut to stay

I for some reason don't see it. 

Even if he does, can we depend on him. He's missed chunks of games for the past consecutive seasons.  Concussions and other ailments.  It would have to be a real deal for the team for me to bring him back. And I'd structure a deal where he can get his money but none of it is guaranteed. 

53 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Even if he does, can we depend on him. He's missed chunks of games for the past consecutive seasons.  Concussions and other ailments.  It would have to be a real deal for the team for me to bring him back. And I'd structure a deal where he can get his money but none of it is guaranteed. 

I think he would.. I feel like I heard him say he’d retire if he couldn’t stay here. I think he understands how much time he has missed but it all depends on who the new GM is at the end of the day. Plus I’d take a hurt Lewan over Daley any day of the week lol

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I would very much like to see the Titans re-sign him to a cheap deal and draft a rookie so that they don't have to depend on him.  A rookie LT may not be ready to start immediately, and that's not a huge concern if you have Lewan on a team friendly contract.  If all the good OTs get snatched up quickly in the draft, the Titans can't just not address the position, so they'll still have to draft someone.  It may just be in the second or even third round, and if that's the case, having Lewan there as a backup plan would be critical.  If he's awful, you still have the rookie.  If he's still good, great, you can start him while the rookie gets ready for the NFL.

And since he does seem willing to take a team-friendly deal, I don't see a reason that it can't happen.

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I would very much like to see the Titans re-sign him to a cheap deal and draft a rookie so that they don't have to depend on him.  A rookie LT may not be ready to start immediately, and that's not a huge concern if you have Lewan on a team friendly contract.  If all the good OTs get snatched up quickly in the draft, the Titans can't just not address the position, so they'll still have to draft someone.  It may just be in the second or even third round, and if that's the case, having Lewan there as a backup plan would be critical.  If he's awful, you still have the rookie.  If he's still good, great, you can start him while the rookie gets ready for the NFL.

And since he does seem willing to take a team-friendly deal, I don't see a reason that it can't happen.

this would be very ideal. selfishly i hope that other teams are scared off by the recent injury history and that helps our leverage as far as bringing him back on a team-friendly deal, because as much as he loves nashville and the titans i dunno if we can lowball him that much just on that alone lol

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

this would be very ideal. selfishly i hope that other teams are scared off by the recent injury history and that helps our leverage as far as bringing him back on a team-friendly deal, because as much as he loves nashville and the titans i dunno if we can lowball him that much just on that alone lol

For sure.  And I think that will be the case.  Lewan hasn't played much in the last three years, and as desperate as a lot of teams are right now at tackle, I just don't see him getting big offers.  Doesn't help that his last "full" season was only 13 games and he didn't play that well.

I just worry that they straight up cut him and don't even try.

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Would anyone take Jared Goff as a QB? 

Or

Is that just getting a version of Tanny that can't run?

Very uninspiring qb for me. Just keeps us in that range of, solid enough to lose in one or two games in the playoffs, so over it. I would rather stick with Tannehill. 

I feel like Robinson getting axed, makes me think we will see some serious fat get cut this offseason. I think unless Tannehill wants to stay and take significantly less, he is just not worth keeping. I just believe we are in for some deep changes because it feels like the belief is that the juice has been squeezed on this team. The core of this offense, which was the o line, Henry, and Tannehill are just not going to get it done. Time to transition.

I would love to see what Vrabel could do with some heavy changes on the offensive side of the ball. What kind of coach he can be with a young guy at qb. Quite a bit of room can be freed with cutting guys. If we see an o line retool, and hit on a wr in free agency or the draft, this team can turnaround real quick. See what you got with the young kid, if it goes south, you got a decent pick to get a new guy in 2024. I mean I don't think we would ever be bad enough to get him but Caleb Williams comes in 2024.

On 12/4/2022 at 11:21 PM, KingTitan said:

Bring in a vet QB that is willing to be cheap and compete maybe.  Baker, Sam Darnold, Daniel Jones.

If you're going to bring in one of these guys, you may as well save yourself $12M more and cut Robert Woods, because you're not winning with any of them at QB.

Denico Autry would be another $7M+ on the last year of his deal.

• Like 3

It’s absolutely time to blow it up. Completely. Burks, Chig, NPF are the only guys that are locks to stay.

New GM will want to sit own QB so stop talking about Willis.

It’s time to shop Fulton. He’s due for a contract and is always banged up. Can probably get a 2 for him.

Simmons. I’d love to re sign him obviously. If not, trade him now. It would not shock me if we can get 2 1s or a 1 + 2. 

Tanny, Lewan, Woods, Cunningham all need to go