2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Dillon Radunz appears to be a bad run-blocker. I think that is the rationale for holding him out before the injury.

I don't agree with it, but we know we're going to come out and run every first down. 

Daley and Brewer are both probably the worst pass-blocking OL at their positions in the NFL and they're both starting because they can run-block decently. Both are trash that should be lucky to be on a PS.

When a thread gets started with an idea to dump our best rated guy, besides Jones (who probably retires) and then goes on to say we need a new LT, LG, C and RG you scratch your head at the idiocy.  

Nate Davis is the 18th best OG per PFF in the NFL and probably not expensive.  What you want to do is find another like him, FA or draft.  Draft capital is going to need to be spent on a LT.  I argued the depth and skill levels on the OL and wanted to see us draft 2 or 3 college OTs (RT or LT) who could play RT or OG and figure out the best one to eventually move to LT.  NPF could be a future LT but when Lewan went down and they didn't draft anyone else we were screwed.  So, we are back to square one again but now add a C.  So we need to draft two RTs and a C or an OT, OG and C.

Now if you have a guy like Daley who simply can't move well you put him at OG.  There he has a chance to stop a pass rush.  And what team doesn't have a preference for a legit pass blocker over a run blocker when having to choose a LT.    No one ever put the worst pass blocker in the history of the NFL at LT.  

You can bash Tannehill, our OC but until you get the OL fixed this offense is not going to work well.  That should be the #1 focus in this offseason.  Now if Willis isn't ready then you bring back Tannehill for one year.  Only a moron would give up draft capital now to for another QB and we still have Willis.

2nd, the way teams build the best WR groups is usually with one early pick and then a mid round pick.  A bunch of #1 guys were 2nd or 3rd round pick (AJ was a 2nd round pick).  I argued this last draft, even with the trade of AJ, our early pick should have focused on a RT that could move to LT with that pick.  You had  George Pickens, Alec Pierce and Christian Watson, all 2nd round picks.  Any of then could have been taken with our later 1st or even with the pick we had after trading back (Watson went to the Packers at pick 34 but if you loved him you don't trade back and get him).

Point is you always take care of the QB on the OL.  Taking an OT early in the 1st and take NPF in the 3rd and we are so crippled going into this offseason and they knew Lewan, injury or not, would be a potential CAP cut.  

Either way fans tend to knee jerk but with injuries it becomes difficult to think straight.  We have multiple injuries at CB and NB (not thank God we drafted a good CB) but CB is not a huge area of concern.  Keeping Autry and finding another pass rusher makes more sense.  

53 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Dillon Radunz appears to be a bad run-blocker. I think that is the rationale for holding him out before the injury.

I don't agree with it, but we know we're going to come out and run every first down. 

That's definitely the rationale, and it's a terrible rationale that makes me question the competency of the entire coaching staff.

It's not like Daley is a good run blocker.  He's a below average run blocker and an all time worst pass blocker playing a position where pass blocking is the most important thing.

If you can't figure out that a bad run blocker average pass blocker is a better left tackle candidate than a below average run blocker godawful pass blocker, then I don't know why you are paid to do football.

11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's definitely the rationale, and it's a terrible rationale that makes me question the competency of the entire coaching staff.

It's not like Daley is a good run blocker.  He's a below average run blocker and an all time worst pass blocker playing a position where pass blocking is the most important thing.

If you can't figure out that a bad run blocker average pass blocker is a better left tackle candidate than a below average run blocker godawful pass blocker, then I don't know why you are paid to do football.

I hate Daley as much as the next guy but Daley has had some good blocks in the run not many but Ive noticed a couple times but it makes zero sense he played over Dillon the whole season resulting in your QB who is 34 btw guys beat up

For 2023 we need to revamp this line man.. Love me some Ben Jones but that man for his own health might need to hang em up. Im so nervous we are gonna screw this up and be right at the bottom of the south. Tlaw is picking up and now with a real coach.. Im worried lol. Texans will have a new QB. 

I want Malik to ball out the rest of the year with Burks so badly so we can just move along with him 

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

McCreary offers some upside at cb going forward.

Our 2022 class has been one of the few bright spots this year.

As for 2023, I think it’s time to go full reset/rebuild. Firing Robinson felt like the changing of the guard. Trade Tannehill(a team like the Jets would love him), start Willis in 2023 (these new few weeks should be a nice preview albeit behind a makeshift OL) and see what happens. Hate it for the vets on the team but it’s time to begin the next phase/era of the team imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Free agent offensive lineman pool just got shallower. Jenkins from Green Bay resigned. 

We can create money but have nobody to spend it on. 

And Conklin resigned with the Browns. Going to have to massively overpay a slightly above average guard. Probably have a rookie LT, which is asking for trouble. Need to look at next year as a clear retooling season.

1 minute ago, 615finest said:

So it’s sounding like we need to keep Lewan.. Who would be the best LT on the market? Dillard?

I was just about to say this.. Unless we trade way up in the draft which we aren't in the spot to do or trade and pay one.. 

Outside of that I don't see a upgrade over Lewan.. Hes hurt so much but man trying to replace a the whole line with rookies is meh but hey maybe we find a guy we like at LT and we overpay for a avg guard like he said then stick with brew davis and NPF. Cause I dont think we need a whole rebuild. Landry coming back changes the defense and makes EVERYONE better so we shall see

I'd be all about giving Dillard a shot. Depends on the price, but if he'd be willing to come on a 2 year, $25 million deal (a little less than what Noteboom got from the Rams), then I'd bring him in. Sell him on the shorter deal so he can hit free agency again before he turns 30. Gives us a shot to shore up LT without using a pick, and if he doesn't work out then we aren't stuck with him for long. If he does work out then we can sign him to a long-term deal or franchise him.

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

I was just about to say this.. Unless we trade way up in the draft which we aren't in the spot to do or trade and pay one.. 

Outside of that I don't see a upgrade over Lewan.. Hes hurt so much but man trying to replace a the whole line with rookies is meh but hey maybe we find a guy we like at LT and we overpay for a avg guard like he said then stick with brew davis and NPF. Cause I dont think we need a whole rebuild. Landry coming back changes the defense and makes EVERYONE better so we shall see

Not gonna lie. It might be looking like we may actually have a decent draft pick.

A rookie LT isn’t ideal, but a first round rookie from this class will still be a big upgrade from Daley.

And we’ll need a long term starter anyway, and if we end up with around the 15th pick, we should get a very good prospect.

It’s a stacked OL class yall.