2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Someone's "Dennis Kelly"type will have to be our starter. And then overpay for a B-C Level OT or keep Lewan on a different number. 

Draft an LT.  Sign an OG. Keep Brewer as Center. Have Radunz compete for a spot. 

Sign the best OT you can. 

Draft at least 2 OL. The most pro ready guy you can find. Might not have the upside but can play fast. 

-Cut Dupree, Woods, Cunningham, Lewan, and Bullock

-Trade Tannehill for a 2nd and 6th to Atlanta, NYJ, Washington, etc.

-Re-sign Hooper, Hilliard, Long, Edwards, and Walker

-Sign Andre Dillard, Nick Mullens, DJ Chark, Lorenzo Carter

Draft OL in rounds 1 & 2

Draft Edge and BPA pass-catcher in rounds 2 & 3

Draft all defense after that

Start Willis all year. He either develops or we are picking high for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 2024

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

-Cut Dupree, Woods, Cunningham, Lewan, and Bullock

-Trade Tannehill for a 2nd and 6th to Atlanta, NYJ, Washington, etc.

-Re-sign Hooper, Hilliard, Long, Edwards, and Walker

-Sign Andre Dillard, Nick Mullens, DJ Chark, Lorenzo Carter

Draft OL in rounds 1 & 2

Draft Edge and TE in rounds 2 & 3

Draft all defense after that

Start Willis all year. He either develops or we are picking high for Caleb Williams or Drake Maye in 2024

Burks, Chark and who else? The WR core is looking kinda empty especially if you let Woods go. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Burks, Chark and who else? The WR core is looking kinda empty especially if you let Woods go. 

No one except Phillips, McMath, bring back NWI or another low end FA. Also Chig, Hooper, and rookie TE. The OL issues are killing everything else. That has to be priority 1 and 2 this off-season.

I'll change it to TE or WR in round 2/3 with Edge. BPA pass-catcher. We can't completely revamp and replenish both the OL and WR core in 1 off-season with our lack of resources. This is prioritizing OL while still bringing in a decent veteran FA with upside.

Sell both Dillard and Chark on 2 and 3 year deals so they can get a big pay bump while still hitting FA again before they turn 30. It also keeps us from long-term commitments to players with injury and consistency issues.

-Dillard at 2 years, $25 million. That's a little less than Noteboom got last year from the Rams

-Chark at 3 years, $33 million with an easy out after 2. This gives him more than Russel Gage and MVS got last year, but it's a pay cut compared to what we'd be paying Woods

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

No one except Phillips, McMath, bring back NWI or another low end FA. Also Chig, Hooper, and rookie TE. The OL issues are killing everything else. That has to be priority 1 and 2 this off-season.

I'll change it to TE or WR in round 2/3 with Edge. BPA pass-catcher. We can't completely revamp and replenish both the OL and WR core in 1 off-season with our lack of resources. This is prioritizing OL while still bringing in a decent veteran FA with upside.

Sell both Dillard and Chark on 2 and 3 year deals so they can get a big pay bump while still hitting FA again before they turn 30. It also keeps us from long-term commitments to players with injury and consistency issues.

-Dillard at 2 years, $25 million. That's a little less than Noteboom got last year from the Rams

-Chark at 3 years, $33 million with an easy out after 2. This gives him more than Russel Gage and MVS got last year, but it's a pay cut compared to what we'd be paying Woods

yeah but can chark block????

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

yeah but can chark block????

So true 

we can throw out any and all names. The only way we legit improve is to make the serious decision to change our “identity” on offense and bring in some sort of coherent and modern identity 

that doesn’t mean air raid, 4 wr sets all the time. But it’s to bring in some sort of priority to downfield passing, getting guys in space, and scheming your best player open

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

So true 

we can throw out any and all names. The only way we legit improve is to make the serious decision to change our “identity” on offense and bring in some sort of coherent and modern identity 

that doesn’t mean air raid, 4 wr sets all the time. But it’s to bring in some sort of priority to downfield passing, getting guys in space, and scheming your best player open

i'm absolutely sick of only ever having success on offense when all 11 guys do everything perfectly. god forbid we outsmart anyone. the margin of error for our offense is so goddamn thin that we make one mistake and lose the game. meanwhile philly is out here scoring 34 while their backup QB thows two picks.

our best plays this season have just been "throw it up to treylon/chig or hand it off to derrick and pray." our YAC numbers have absolutely cratered despite us having these height/weight/speed guys whose whole thing is breaking tackles, because we can't even figure out how to get them in space. imagine if we actually worked not only to get them the ball but to give them some sort of schematic advantage when they do get it. i cannot believe i am saying all this **** like it isn't obvious, but here we are

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i'm absolutely sick of only ever having success on offense when all 11 guys do everything perfectly. god forbid we outsmart anyone. the margin of error for our offense is so goddamn thin that we make one mistake and lose the game. meanwhile philly is out here scoring 34 while their backup QB thows two picks.

our best plays this season have just been "throw it up to treylon/chig or hand it off to derrick and pray." our YAC numbers have absolutely cratered despite us having these height/weight/speed guys whose whole thing is breaking tackles, because we can't even figure out how to get them in space. imagine if we actually worked not only to get them the ball but to give them some sort of schematic advantage when they do get it. i cannot believe i am saying all this **** like it isn't obvious, but here we are

This is why I’m inclined to think the issue isn’t necessarily the “vrabel desired approach”, but just Todd being completely unable to execute it

you can win games running the football. You can win games establishing the run. Several teams do it. But they also get their pass catchers the ball with opportunities to make plays and get the ball down field in a hurry. 

whereas we trot out Malik and limit the WRs to curls, slants and screens. What is anyone going to do with that?

6 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

This is why I’m inclined to think the issue isn’t necessarily the “vrabel desired approach”, but just Todd being completely unable to execute it

you can win games running the football. You can win games establishing the run. Several teams do it. But they also get their pass catchers the ball with opportunities to make plays and get the ball down field in a hurry. 

whereas we trot out Malik and limit the WRs to curls, slants and screens. What is anyone going to do with that?

this is my HOPE, but my FEAR is that this rigidity is a permanent feature of what vrabel wants to run. even under arthur smith we didn’t get guys like AJ and jonnu as involved as we should have, and we leaned too heavily on the run, and we had absolutely no answers when we didn’t have a running game. it mattered a lot less week to week because derrick was putting together a couple of historic seasons, the OL was much better, and art actually knew how to ride the flow of a game and stick with what worked. but when push came to shove, it was the same old story. we had possibly the best offense in titans history in 2020 and how did things end? run game shut down, nothing going through the air, and losing the game throwing the ball to kalif raymond.

it’s just extra frustrating right now because i feel the rigidity is exemplified by the fact that we’re not even giving malik a fighting chance and at this point it’s hard to believe we ever will. it’s such a waste. maybe he was never going to develop into a starting level passer anyway, that’s fine. but you can’t sit here and tell me kyle shanahan or mike mcdaniel would be doing things the way we’re doing it right now. and it’s very difficult for me to believe that’s all downing.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter who we trot out at WR with Willis at QB. He ain't it.

I could obviously be very wrong, but I doubt Vrabel is for trading Tannehill and going 3-14 next year.

We're going to try to rebuild the OL and run it back with Tannehill and Henry.

If Jenkins got paid 17 mil per year, we can probably expect Nate Davis to be over 12 mil on the open market. I just don't see how we can pay that with the way Robinson has ****ed the cap numbers on this team giving out dog**** contracts.

via: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/tennessee-titans/2023/ 

TRANSACTIONS LOG

Traded Ryan Tannehill (TEN) for (I don't know. I figure we can get at least an 4th maybe for him.)
(Saved: $17,800,000)

Released Bud Dupree
(Saved: $9,350,000)

Restructured Robert Woods- Thought about straight up releasing him, but the WR FA market is very bad. Woods on a cheaper contract is better than new money to just anyone.  I can't think of a FA WR signing the last 3 years that was a game changer. 
(Saved: $9,438,749)

Released Zach Cunningham- He was cheeks this year. We got one good year, tried to run it back and he was booty. 
(Saved: $9,250,000)

Released Ben Jones- I have to think he retires.
(Saved: $3,706,665)

Released Jamarco Jones-WHO?
(Saved: $1,350,000)

Released Randy Bullock- Time to find a cheaper, younger and more reliable kicker.
(Saved: $2,130,000)

Released Kevin Rader
(Saved: $1,010,000)

Released Geoff Swaim
(Saved: $825,000)

Released Taylor Lewan- I'm sure he will be the best LT on the market, but we can't depend on him. If he wants to try to comeback at a reduced rate, sure. But whole line can be redone. 
(Saved: $14,841,000)

Released John Reid
(Saved: $1,010,000)

All these restructures are last options of course if we need more money, but without the redo we still are over $50 million in cap space. 

Restructured Harold Landry- Hey Landry, you was hurt, let's push some money back, get you a little more money in your pocket now, but cuts the hit now.
(Saved: $11,136,000)

Restructured Amani Hooker- Amani, same as Landry, let's lower that number. push money to the back. 
(Saved: $3,828,750)

Restructured Kevin Byard- You know it's time for your annual redo.  
(Saved: $8,290,000)

CAP TOTALS
Total Available Cap:
$227,058,350
Total Team Cap $:
$149,638,979
Cap Space:
$77,419,371

Total Savings:
$76,166,164

FA Signings. 

DeMarcus Walker signed as a free agent- earned a nice deal. Take some of Dupree money. Not a lot, but a fraction of it.

Morgan Cox signed as a free agent

David Long signed as a free agent- Priority on defense

Dylan Cole signed as a free agent= Special teamer and good depth.

Aaron Brewer signed as a free agent- RFA cheap deal

Teair Tart signed as a free agent- RFA cheap deal

Nick Westbrook signed as a free agent-RFA cheap deal

Naquan Jones signed as a free agent-RFA cheap deal

Cody Hollister signed as a free agent-RFA cheap deal

Jakobi Meyers signed as a free agent-Not "A GUY" but someone that should be reliable and add to the WR room. 

Garrett Bradbury signed as a free agent- Throw as much money as need to get a quality starting Center.

Jawaan Taylor signed as a free agent- Have to over pay some to get a quality OT

Isaac Seumalo signed as a free agent- OG

Zach Gentry signed as a free agent- Blocking TE that can maybe even do more. Upgrade from Swaim.

Drew Lock signed as a free agent- Just a QB Someone that can maybe play. Who knows.

Troy Hill signed as a free agent- CB depth. Vet FA. 

Draft via: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Let's get NUTS!

16. Hendon Hooker QB Tennessee (Traded the 15 pick and 46 pick to New England for 16 and 81)

46.Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee 

53.Matthew Bergeron OT Syracuse (Traded 45 to New York Giants for 53 and 153)

147.Jammie Robinson S Florida State

153. D'Anthony Jones EDGE Houston 

70.Brenton Cox Jr. EDGE Florida

209. Harrison Mevis K Missouri