2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Would y'all do:

for

Fields, #56, and #65?

That would value Fields at roughly the #29 overall pick.

With the right OC hire, sure.  But in a class that's heavy on OLs anyway, I'd be a big fan for trading down anyway, so that's not saying a lot.  But yes, give 49ers man more chances to draft players.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Would y'all do:

for

Fields, #56, and #65?

That would value Fields at roughly the #29 overall pick.

Doing it.

Fields for just an 1st and we get 2 picks?

Shoot yea. I'd do that.

Plenty of chance to build in FA and the draft. Cut or trade Tanny for more picks. Trade up if we want someone bad enough.

Do that trade all day every day.

• Like 1

God No… I’m so tired of QBs who can definitely run and MAYBE throw. So tired of glorified RBs who we hope we can teach to throw.

Fields was terrible when he wasn’t running, and before anyone says he didn’t have weapons/ oline… he wouldn’t have great weapons/oline here either. Nothing but the same FA and draft picks that Chicago would put around him.

I don’t believe in Fields, and further more I don’t believe a running QB can consistently stay healthy enough through the season. Even at their zenith, you’re always worried that they’re one ankle sprain away from destroying a late season playoff run.

Like I don’t believe for a second that a lamar Jackson or Justin fields, or even Josh Allen type QB could do what Mahomes did last week, where you take away his mobility and he’s still a weapon. 

The titans history is littered with QBs more likely to run for 100 yards than consistently complete 60% of their passes. I hope Ran stops that streak.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

God No… I’m so tired of QBs who can definitely run and MAYBE throw. So tired of glorified RBs who we hope we can teach to throw.

Fields was terrible when he wasn’t running, and before anyone says he didn’t have weapons/ oline… he wouldn’t have great weapons/oline here either. Nothing but the same FA and draft picks that Chicago would put around him.

I don’t believe in Fields, and further more I don’t believe a running QB can consistently stay healthy enough through the season. Even at their zenith, you’re always worried that they’re one ankle sprain away from destroying a late season playoff run.

Like I don’t believe for a second that a lamar Jackson or Justin fields, or even Josh Allen type QB could do what Mahomes did last week, where you take away his mobility and he’s still a weapon. 

The titans history is littered with QBs more likely to run for 100 yards than consistently complete 60% of their passes. I hope Ran stops that streak.

Can’t argue with any of this 

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

💯

3 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

How do you feel about Jalen Hurts?

Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I’ll toss it here. Small excerpt from Mike Sando’s NFL column on The Athletic today.

“I think they will trade Trey Lance to Tennessee and then they will end up with Brady and Brady will play one year for his home team, and they will have Brock Purdy as the backup,” an exec from another team predicted. “That is the chatter. They have the defense already, Brady wants to win one more, and this is right up the 49ers’ alley.”

https://theathletic.com/4116478/2023/01/30/49ers-quarterbacks-tom-brady-brock-purdy/?source=user_shared_article

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this, so I’ll toss it here. Small excerpt from Mike Sando’s NFL column on The Athletic today.

“I think they will trade Trey Lance to Tennessee and then they will end up with Brady and Brady will play one year for his home team, and they will have Brock Purdy as the backup,” an exec from another team predicted. “That is the chatter. They have the defense already, Brady wants to win one more, and this is right up the 49ers’ alley.”

https://theathletic.com/4116478/2023/01/30/49ers-quarterbacks-tom-brady-brock-purdy/?source=user_shared_article

It Begins Here We Go GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

really feel like that's some random front office guy playing madden in his head lol

• Like 2

Lance has a real shot at being a legit scary QB in SF. I repeat IN SAN FRAN. Not here. 

It matters you all know it. We would need someone from the SF coaching staff and even then I doubt it would work. Shanny is the guy that can turn him into something great 

I want nothing to do with Lance. Rather go with Jimmy G and draft Williams somehow get the pick to do so cause I really dont see us sucking next year. Really feel like there will be TWO rookie qbs in our division and lets not kid ourselves the jags aren't scary man. Sure they are above avg but im not worried. I really think Mike and Ran will right this ship and get us going and back on top. And the king has another BIG season in him I can feel it

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t get the fascination with Lance. Didn’t understand the hype coming out of the draft and damn sure don’t want him for anything significant a year after tearing his ACL.

I think he has the tools, but needs to quicken up his mechanics and get up to NFL speed. He was very raw coming out and didn't see a lot of elite play in college. In an ideal world, I think it would be nice to see him learn a bit more from Tannehill.

If we could get him on the cheaper side, I would really love it.

4 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I think he has the tools, but needs to quicken up his mechanics and get up to NFL speed. He was very raw coming out and didn't see a lot of elite play in college. In an ideal world, I think it would be nice to see him learn a bit more from Tannehill.

If we could get him on the cheaper side, I would really love it.

If Shanahan doesn’t expect him to be anything, I don’t think anyone can do anything with him.