2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

15 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If Shanahan doesn’t expect him to be anything, I don’t think anyone can do anything with him.

I hear what you are saying, because he is a good viewer of QB talent but at the same time, I think it's important to know that he wanted him enough to trade up for him.

Keep in mind, it's not like he has played 2 whole seasons and stunk it up. He hasn't even played a full season. 
He was described as a "rookie plus" by one analyst. 

I don't think trading him is an admission of him not expecting anything from him. I think it would be a strategic move to recoup time, development and picks spent on him. Maybe they see he isn't the best fit for the offense as they thought. Yes he is great athlete but is the rhythm passer they need?
I mean even thinking back, I don't know why he even drafted a QB in the first round. lol He has had a nice run of games where lowly QBs looked great in his offense. CJ Bethard comes to mind. 

If they get say 2 years from Brady and a Super Bowl, they could develop Brock more and if not trade him also to gain more picks to trade up in the draft again to get a QB of their choice. 

When Chiefs, Packers and us traded our WRs, it wasn't because we thought they couldn't be anything, it was because we were trying to get something for them. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I hear what you are saying, because he is a good viewer of QB talent but at the same time, I think it's important to know that he wanted him enough to trade up for him.

Keep in mind, it's not like he has played 2 whole seasons and stunk it up. He hasn't even played a full season. 
He was described as a "rookie plus" by one analyst. 

I don't think trading him is an admission of him not expecting anything from him. I think it would be a strategic move to recoup time, development and picks spent on him. Maybe they see he isn't the best fit for the offense as they thought. Yes he is great athlete but is the rhythm passer they need?
I mean even thinking back, I don't know why he even drafted a QB in the first round. lol He has had a nice run of games where lowly QBs looked great in his offense. CJ Bethard comes to mind. 

If they get say 2 years from Brady and a Super Bowl, they could develop Brock more and if not trade him also to gain more picks to trade up in the draft again to get a QB of their choice. 

When Chiefs, Packers and us traded our WRs, it wasn't because we thought they couldn't be anything, it was because we were trying to get something for them. 

Same reason the Chiefs traded up for Mahomes even though they were having success with Alex Smith. There was a limit they reached with their current QB, so they hoped to hit big on a young QB (which the Chiefs did and it’s TBD with the 49ers).

Could you imagine if the 49ers just picked Mahomes instead of Solomon Thomas at #3 in 2017? Would’ve been a nightmare for the rest of the league and the butterfly effect it’d caused would’ve been crazy.

It's nothing against Ryan Tannehill. But I'm just wishing for something new. And it's very immature and had no backing. 

He likely gives us the best chance to win next year. But looking past next year I'm just ready to move on. 

I just don't think running it back with him is exciting. I just want to either start the path of having a young QB or to see if someone else can catch fire. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's nothing against Ryan Tannehill. But I'm just wishing for something new. And it's very immature and had no backing. 

He likely gives us the best chance to win next year. But looking past next year I'm just ready to move on. 

I just don't think running it back with him is exciting. I just want to either start the path of having a young QB or to see if someone else can catch fire. 

We are going nowhere … nowhere … with Tannehill 

I don’t think it’s immature, etc. just time to start turning the page at the QB position. Tanny doesn’t show up in January. 

The chiefs is going to the superbowl and have 14 million in cap space in 2023.  Same with the eagles and they have 4 million in caps space.

The Titans are the third worst team in cap space entering 2023 behind Tampa and the Saints. Unreal.

JR deserved to be fired. My words. 

• Like 2

"I think you're always trying to get faster, and I think you are always trying to be good at the line of scrimmage," Vrabel said. "You see teams that are still playing have elite quarterbacks, but there's an element of speed and playmaking on those teams as well.“

How could a quote so basic and obvious make me feel so good and hopeful. It’s from this article btw.

On 1/30/2023 at 4:10 PM, -Hope- said:

basically no chance lance isn't a 49er next year. and if they really see fit to move on from him, that says more about him than anything.

If it wasn’t guaranteed by the Purdy injury, the Brady retirement pretty much locks Lance in SF next year. 

Fully expect Tannehill under center for Week 1.