2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Probably the reality, but I will hold out hope.

I mean it's not the worst thing or a bad thing.  It's just a thing. 

Unless Ran, pulls off some trade or magical draft to add some exciting players or real talented players. It's gonna be just a year of watching opposed to cheering. 

Tannehill back just doesn't inspire a lot of hope b

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I mean it's not the worst thing or a bad thing.  It's just a thing. 

Unless Ran, pulls off some trade or magical draft to add some exciting players or real talented players. It's gonna be just a year of watching opposed to cheering. 

Tannehill back just doesn't inspire a lot of hope b

The only way I’d be “excited” with Tannehill is if we take Richardson. He’s the perfect Alex Smith like stopgap QB while he redshirts a year. Other than that, yeah Tannehill starting another year is uninspiring. He’s done great things here and isn’t a bad QB, but the well has run dry here.

• Like 1

I've said this before, but just to remind everyone: just because we need to upgrade a QB doesn't mean that any of these suggested trades were actually going to be upgrades.

Remember last year, when trading for Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson seemed like the way to take us to the next level, and then they both stunk it up this year?

Lance has been constantly injured and hasn't shown anything in the NFL.  Rodgers is 5 years older than Tanny and just had the worst year of his career.  And Fields kinda looked the part, but still only won Chicago three games this whole season.  And Love is so good his team paid their 40 year old current QB a recordbreaking amount instead of moving him for multiple first rounders.

I thought then, and still think now, that just because we need a change doesn't mean that any change is a good idea.  So chin up, it can get worse.  It can actually get a whole lot worse, than Tannehill.

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I've said this before, but just to remind everyone: just because we need to upgrade a QB doesn't mean that any of these suggested trades were actually going to be upgrades.

Remember last year, when trading for Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson seemed like the way to take us to the next level, and then they both stunk it up this year?

Lance has been constantly injured and hasn't shown anything in the NFL.  Rodgers is 5 years older than Tanny and just had the worst year of his career.  And Fields kinda looked the part, but still only won Chicago three games this whole season.  And Love is so good his team paid their 40 year old current QB a recordbreaking amount instead of moving him for multiple first rounders.

I thought then, and still think now, that just because we need a change doesn't mean that any change is a good idea.  So chin up, it can get worse.  It can actually get a whole lot worse, than Tannehill.

I mean, Rodgers was coming off back-to-back MVP seasons and they were trying to win a championship.

I have no idea of Love is good or not. I think he's worth a flyer with a conditional draft pick, but using that as a reason to avoid him seems a little weird.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean, Rodgers was coming off back-to-back MVP seasons and they were trying to win a championship.

I have no idea of Love is good or not. I think he's worth a flyer with a conditional draft pick, but using that as a reason to avoid him seems a little weird.

This forum is convinced that Aaron’s career started this season

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

For me it wasn't that we would make those trades, but that someone might make those trades and perhaps have a surprising

QB option on the board for us when we pick. 

And I know I understood that a QB change wouldn't equal better, I just wanted to try something different. If it failed, it failed. Might be a more exciting ride that the one we took this year. 

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Not excited about next year at all. 

Tannehill has no reason to cut his salary so that shrinks what we can do cap wise. 

Just gonna be another year. 

I’ll say, there’s absolutely no chance his cap number stays above $30 million. Either void years or an “extension” will happen. As long as his take home is the same, there’s no way he would object to freeing up some immediate cap space to get him better receivers and better protection.

51 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ll say, there’s absolutely no chance his cap number stays above $30 million. Either void years or an “extension” will happen. As long as his take home is the same, there’s no way he would object to freeing up some immediate cap space to get him better receivers and better protection.

I guess so. 

For some reason I think we are going to see more business Tannehill than team Tannehill this off-season. 

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Where you get Lance been constantly injured from, my understanding he only was hurt this yr. Last yr he sat on the bench as plan 

26 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I guess so. 

For some reason I think we are going to see more business Tannehill than team Tannehill this off-season. 

Even business Tannehill will understand that if he can make X amount and play behind the current OL or make the exact same X amount and have two new starting OL, his business is best off by him having a chance of playing well and not being murdered again.

Off-Season Plan

Notable Cuts (Some money is taken up in our Future's contracts) but estimate that cuts and could have around $30-35 Million in Cap space, depending on if we do a post June 1st cut of Cunningham. Also what we do with Ryan. If we cut him post June 1, while cutting Cunningham before June can get us close to $60 million.  Before June 1st with post June 1st of Cunningham can get about $50 million in cap space

Released Bud Dupree
(Saved: $9,350,000)
Released Taylor Lewan
(Saved: $14,841,000)
Released Robert Woods
(Saved: $12,016,666)
Released Zach Cunningham
(Saved: $8,926,466)
Released Randy Bullock
(Saved: $2,072,360)
Released Jamarco Jones
(Saved: $926,471)
Released Kevin Rader
(Saved: $1,010,000)

Gonna assume they keep Tannehill.

FA:
Bring Back Restricted FA's: 
Teair Tart-DT
NWI-WR
Aaron Brewer- OL
Naquan Jones

Resign:
Nate Davis- OG- PFF Contract Projection: Three years, $21 million ($7M per year); $14.25 million total guaranteed
David Long- LB- PFF Contract Projection: Four years, $55 million ($13.75M per year); $33 million total guaranteed

Free agents: I'm just posting the projected deals for reference. I wouldn't bring back long at that price. 

CHARLES OMENIHU, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS-OLB- PFF Contract Projection: Two years, $17.5 million ($8.75M per year); $11.5 million total guaranteed
Dalton Riser- OG- PFF Contract Projection: Three years, $22.5 million ($7.5M per year); $15 million total guaranteed
Paris Campbell- WR- PFF Contract Projection: Three years, $23.25 million ($7.75M per year); $13.25 million total guaranteed

Draft: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

• TEN
    Paris Johnson Jr.
    OT Ohio State
  • TEN
    Felix Anudike-Uzomah
    EDGE Kansas State
  • TEN
    Luke Musgrave
    TE Oregon State
  • TEN
    Rakim Jarrett