2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Any chance you guys think Byard or Henry gets moved this off-season?

If I'm reading it correctly. Cutting Henry or even trading him, you save only $6 million before June 1st and $10 million after.  Is that worth it?
Byard,  Pre June 1st- $5 million Post June 1st-$12 million. 

Is it worth the holes you create? is their play so poor that you are willing to do that?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

If I'm reading it correctly. Cutting Henry or even trading him, you save only $6 million before June 1st and $10 million after.  Is that worth it?
Byard,  Pre June 1st- $5 million Post June 1st-$12 million. 

Is it worth the holes you create? is their play so poor that you are willing to do that?

I am not saying I want either to be gone, just more of a thought piece.

Just wondering what we could get back. Or if there would be suitors. I feel like this would be the time if we wanted. I would imagine values would drop from here on our if they haven't already.

I wouldn't cut either. Personally. Just would be a thought in my head if we are going to really try to change things. 

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I am not saying I want either to be gone, just more of a thought piece.

Just wondering what we could get back. Or if there would be suitors. I feel like this would be the time if we wanted. I would imagine values would drop from here on our if they haven't already.

I wouldn't cut either. Personally. Just would be a thought in my head if we are going to really try to change things. 

Oh I'm not saying you would, it was more of a general question. 

I don't think the money saved is worth the talent drop off as of now

Messing around with the cap calculator. 
Gets our cap to $60 million by:

1. Released Bud Dupree
    (Saved: $9,350,000)
  2. Released Taylor Lewan
    (Saved: $14,841,000)
  3. Released Zach Cunningham
    (Saved: $9,250,000)
  4. Released Robert Woods
    (Saved: $12,016,666)
  5. Released Jamarco Jones
    (Saved: $1,350,000)
  6. Released Randy Bullock
    (Saved: $2,130,000)
  7. Released Kevin Rader
    (Saved: $1,010,000)
  8. Released Geoff Swaim
    (Saved: $825,000)
  9. Traded Ryan Tannehill (TEN) for
    (Saved: $17,800,000)
  10. Restructured Kevin Byard
    (Saved: $8,290,000)

Messing around with the cap calculator. 
Gets our cap to $60 million by:

1. Released Bud Dupree
    (Saved: $9,350,000)
  2. Released Taylor Lewan
    (Saved: $14,841,000)
  3. Released Zach Cunningham
    (Saved: $9,250,000)
  4. Released Robert Woods
    (Saved: $12,016,666)
  5. Released Jamarco Jones
    (Saved: $1,350,000)
  6. Released Randy Bullock
    (Saved: $2,130,000)
  7. Released Kevin Rader
    (Saved: $1,010,000)
  8. Released Geoff Swaim
    (Saved: $825,000)
  9. Traded Ryan Tannehill (TEN) for
    (Saved: $17,800,000)
  10. Restructured Kevin Byard
    (Saved: $8,290,000)

I honestly fully expect this purge to happen.

Outside of Tanny, can we really say we'd miss any of them?

Can even restructure Landry and get to $71 million. 

$71 Million plus Vrabel and a still somewhat competitive roster in the AFC south. It would have to be very attractive to any GM. 

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Outside of Tanny, can we really say we'd miss any of them?

Can even restructure Landry and get to $71 million. 

if we want to keep tanny, we could extend him and kick the can down the road a bit to free up a little room too. that depends on how long we want him here, but i get the feeling vrabel and co won't want to move on from him as quickly as we do. as for the rest of those players.....bye lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

Any chance you guys think Byard or Henry gets moved this off-season?

Henry would absolutely have been a candidate prior to the restructure before the season, now the savings just aren’t worth it.

With or without Robinson, the question remains the same. Are we trying to compete next year? If so, guys like Tannehill, Byard and Henry are safe because you can only open up so many more holes on a roster already littered with them. If it’s a full on rebuild for a year, I’m fine moving on from almost every vet.

The other question is how much damage do you do to your chances of resigning Simmons if you purge the roster around him before he signs long-term?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Henry would absolutely have been a candidate prior to the restructure before the season, now the savings just aren’t worth it.

With or without Robinson, the question remains the same. Are we trying to compete next year? If so, guys like Tannehill, Byard and Henry are safe because you can only open up so many more holes on a roster already littered with them. If it’s a full on rebuild for a year, I’m fine moving on from almost every vet.

The other question is how much damage do you do to your chances of resigning Simmons if you purge the roster around him before he signs long-term?

I think you can sell Simmons on $71 Million in cap space, still having Henry, Byard. Resign Long. Get back Landry. Still having Autry. 
If not, then hopefully the new GM knows how to use the tag unlike Robinson. 

Bud, Tanny and Woods are the only "significant" vets being lost (in my scenario of cap management). And I like Woods, could restructure and have similar savings as cutting. 
I think getting Landry back, drafting well, and FA, Simmons could still feel good about the team. 
If they do it right you can purge a lot of money yet still field a good/competitive team. 

QB is a big deal. Can't get rid of Tanny and not have a real solid plan. Willis would be a big risk but the savings with Tanny could be worth it with an OC change. 

• Like 1