2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

I  unsure about Lance.  I really don’t think his ceiling is that high.  While he foamy do worse then what we have been getting from Tanny of late I doubt he is better then the “good” Tanny we saw at times.  I would not give up other than in a swap a 1st for him.  Give Willis swap a first and maybe a swap a second is my limit

Honestly, if we’re trading for 1st round reclamation projects. I’d rather have Mac Jones. I’m sure I’m in a super minority but I think Mac has some skill, and kinda that ability to somehow be better than the sum of his attributes. I also think what he went through in NE last year was ridiculous. If any coach not named Belicheck had hired a DC and STC to be OC and QB coach, they would have been a laughing stock. Mac was wisely skeptical and it’s like they want to trade him for insubordination. 

although in general it’s wise to never trade with really good talent evaluators, because they know what they have, and there’s a reason they’re selling.

but id rather kick the Mac Jones tires than trade three 1s for a taller Malik Willis.

Worth nothing Carthon was part of the Rams when they traded up. And part of the Niners when they traded up. 

Wasn't his decision on either but I'm sure he had some input. 

Lastly I wonder if the OTAs coming up and them seeing Malik again and if he improved will have any impact. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Someone I thought they'd have interest in. 
He made some plays for the Texans not a lot but probably could be a decent player and legit WR3. '

Maybe a tad bit faster than NWI. Good hands. 

Brings a veteran presence which our WR room definitely needs

3 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Brings a veteran presence which our WR room definitely needs

Not anything that will make people excited, but a quality depth WR that could make catches.

One thing I always liked about the Texans was it seemed they got the most out of their pass catchers. They weren't A level. But they had a good group of B level and C level WRS that collectively were always a threat to me. 

Hopefully Tim Kelly is able to continue that here. 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Not anything that will make people excited, but a quality depth WR that could make catches.

One thing I always liked about the Texans was it seemed they got the most out of their pass catchers. They weren't A level. But they had a good group of B level and C level WRS that collectively were always a threat to me. 

Hopefully Tim Kelly is able to continue that here. 

The problem with this is outside of Burks or entire WR room is depth pieces. 

3 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

The problem with this is outside of Burks or entire WR room is depth pieces. 

There are depth pieces and there are depth pieces. Outside of NWI, there's no one behind Burks who should see the field any more than a handful of snaps a game.  Now, we may get some growth from McMath or Phillips that changes that, but I wouldn't bank on either.  Getting a depth piece that at least has business seeing the field is still an improvement, and it's those signings that we really need right now.  And we need more than one, really.

It's pretty clear that we're gonna add a high pick at the position in the draft as well.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There are depth pieces and there are depth pieces. Outside of NWI, there's no one behind Burks who should see the field any more than a handful of snaps a game.  Now, we may get some growth from McMath or Phillips that changes that, but I wouldn't bank on either.  Getting a depth piece that at least has business seeing the field is still an improvement, and it's those signings that we really need right now.  And we need more than one, really.

It's pretty clear that we're gonna add a high pick at the position in the draft as well.

Don't disagree with you at all. But the fact remains we have 1 WR on the roster that should see extensive snaps. I'm not even sure NWI should see more than a handful of snaps. I don't even hate that they are talking to Moore we need more players that have any semblance of success in the league. I just don't understand the roster building with this team when it comes to the WR position. I know Ran didn't have much to work with and I hope it's just none of the FA fit what we are trying to do. But it's worrisome just due to the history of the position and the Franchise. I'm not sure I will ever forgive JRob for the AJ situation.