2023 Season Plan

KingTitan

Falcons would probably be the only interested party preseason. The view of Tannehill can’t be good when the team he played for spent back to back second day picks on QBs.

If he keeps the starting job, he might garner interest if another team’s QB goes down.

This is what I said a while ago.

I think if you can identify a QB that you at least can be at the top half of the "Good not elite" then you can win.
The ones that can win or do well with anyone. I put Burrow and Mahomes in that "SUPER ELITE" category. 
Josh Allen is in that elite category. 
Herbert, Jackson, and Watson are on the edge of that elite, but still need help.

Anyway, not to get into rankings, but I think the tweet is accurate. Try to find a QB on that rookie deal that you can win with and produce if you build that team around them. If they turn out to be "elite" or borderline elite then you can pay them. 
If they turn out to be in that Good not elite, you can either trade them out or go back in the QB draft to start the rookie deal cycle all over to keep that QB number down and able to pay people around them. 

I haven't really had an opinion one way or another about Tanny sticking with us this year, but seeing some recent posts, it seems like we really need to take advantage of Levis' rookie contract. I understand there may not be anyone out there to impact this year, but a year of experience...with what would be easily his worst supporting cast would serve him well. 

If Levis doesn't start any games this season  and Tanny plays then we let RT walk, Levis will follow whatever season RT had, with better weapons presumably, and basically no experience. That is a lot of pressure to put on him, and sets him up to be villianized by a fanbase that has had trouble accepting him to begin with. It's a tough call for the Titans brass, but if he were selected #11 would he sit a year?

Edited by Dr.Doom52

12 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

I haven't really had an opinion one way or another about Tanny sticking with us this year, but seeing some recent posts, it seems like we really need to take advantage of Levis' rookie contract. I understand there may not be anyone out there to impact this year, but a year of experience...with what would be easily his worst supporting cast would serve him well. 

If Levis doesn't start any games this season  and Tanny plays then we let RT walk, Levis will follow whatever season RT had, with better weapons presumably, and basically no experience. That is a lot of pressure to put on him, and sets him up to be villianized by a fanbase that has had trouble accepting him to begin with. It's a tough call for the Titans brass, but if he were selected #11 would he sit a year?

Not really did Mahomes start his rookie yr, did jalen hurts start or lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers. The titans have 3yrs to take advantage of his rookie contract & to be honest 4, if he develops & they extend him before free agency. I rather him sit, keep him hungry & humble let that chip on his shoulder mold him. We’re not a terrible team like most franchises drafting a QB force to play him. Let him learn how to become a pro become a student of the game & work on the details of his craft. I hate to say it but if the pressures to big for him starting in yr 2 with no experience but a much improve supporting cast then he’s not the guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

This is what I said a while ago.

I think if you can identify a QB that you at least can be at the top half of the "Good not elite" then you can win.
The ones that can win or do well with anyone. I put Burrow and Mahomes in that "SUPER ELITE" category. 
Josh Allen is in that elite category. 
Herbert, Jackson, and Watson are on the edge of that elite, but still need help.

Anyway, not to get into rankings, but I think the tweet is accurate. Try to find a QB on that rookie deal that you can win with and produce if you build that team around them. If they turn out to be "elite" or borderline elite then you can pay them. 
If they turn out to be in that Good not elite, you can either trade them out or go back in the QB draft to start the rookie deal cycle all over to keep that QB number down and able to pay people around them. 

And if you get a QB in that 60% range, you just got to hope they go on a 3-4 game heater just once come playoff time. That’s what Stafford, Flacco, Nick Foles and Eli Manning did. 

The margin is way thinner than having an elite QB but it still doable.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's not how taking advantage of a rookie contract works.

Yes it does see jalen hurts who was a 2nd round pick it literally takes you 3yrs to figure out if he’s the guy or not, a 1st round pick has the 5th yr option vs a 2nd rd pick. 2nd rd pick has a much cheaper #. I know how it works & how to take advantage of a rookie deal, the goal is to build a team through FA & the draft surrounding a QB on a cheap deal with premium talent, you can do that without playing him his 1st yr. Make it make sense you saying play him to get him that experience for him to have go in his 2nd yr, okay & what if that plan backfires & due to lacy of supporting cast he plays horrible & become mentally broken. Like a mariota a Zach Wilson, wentz. Playing him doesn’t necessarily means he’s going to hit the ground running & be ready due to experience. 
if you want to make sure you take advantage of a QB on a rookie deal, why would you play him in a situation not the best for him. He can learn a lot from being a pro a student of the gam just as much.

5 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

He's a respectful guy, humble. He was pumped up during draft season. 

Yeah. That is the only reason I feel bad for him. People said less about Rosen getting replaced after one season in Arizona and he showed some signs of QB life.

Willis showed none.