NFC Playoff Picture

Louis Friend

On 1/1/2023 at 8:59 PM, Louis Friend said:

Seal The Deal Friends GIF by Filmin

I LOVE THIS! sorry boys I really wish we could’ve helped but you know the Vikings are gonna Viking.. apparently that’s just what we do. I’ll be pulling for you guys all the way, god one of us has to put an end to this someday! We’re all so tired of the packers

• Like 2

I think that if the NFL were truly afraid of putting the Jaguars on NBC they should have at least had DET-GB and LAR-SEA air regionally in the SNF slot, with the former airing on NBC in the East and the latter in the West, with a reverse mirror on USA so that Sunday Ticket would not be needed. It would have made up for the Rams getting flexed out of SNF last week, making history in the wrong way as being the first defending Super Bowl champ to be flexed out of SNF.

Because they didn't go this route now the Lions have been eliminated even before playing tonight's game. I wonder if the NFL will regret putting DET-GB on SNF this week now.

It would have been the first time NBC had regional NFL coverage since December 21, 1997.

Edited by pf9

Detroit gets screwed by the refs even when they're not playing. Four horrendous calls/non-calls all go Seattle's way to end regulation and in overtime.

1. Roughing call on Ramsey

2. Non call on Metcalf shoving Ramsey in the face right in front of several refs

3. Blatant intentional grounding non call

4. Blatant taunting by Diggs not called

• Like 1

As it stands, USA is currently airing a Law & Order SVU repeat now instead of FNIA and is set for several more hours of that show. Given the race for the NFC #7 seed those repeats were very disposable in favor of my proposal.

14 minutes ago, pf9 said:

As it stands, USA is currently airing a Law & Order SVU repeat now instead of FNIA and is set for several more hours of that show. Given the race for the NFC #7 seed those repeats were very disposable in favor of my proposal.

I'm betting it has something to do with the billion dollar contracts TV stations have paid the NFL to have this format. 

For example, NBC pays the NFL so they can have the only NFL game on Sunday night.

CBS/FOX pay to have so many of the NFL games aired on their stations.

CBS and FOX aren't going to want to lose a game and NBC isn't going to want to lose their Sunday night football monopoly. 

Edited by Nnivolcm

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

I'm betting it has something to do with the billion dollar contracts TV stations have paid the NFL to have this format. 

For example, NBC pays the NFL so they can have the only NFL game on Sunday night.

CBS/FOX pay to have so many of the NFL games aired on their stations.

CBS and FOX aren't going to want to lose a game and NBC isn't going to want to lose their Sunday night football monopoly. 

Fox already lost Lions-Packers I'm sure they wouldn't have minded losing Rams-Seahawks too