Rival Players You Secretly Like

Darbsk

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Devin McCourty

with all the AFCE people posting already, surprised McCourty hasnt come up more.

For me its...

Jets; Garrett Wilson, I like the Sauce nickname but not the guy. All time it's Revis

Phins; Jeff Wilson. All time its Jason Taylor

Bills; Isaiah McKenzie. All time its Lee Evans

• Like 1

Chad Pennington - One of the extreme few Jets I have any respect for. Very underrated until the shoukder injuries sapped all of his arm strength. Always came off as a good guy who got screwed over by the Jets.

Ed Reed - The greatest safety of all time imo.

Dallas Cowboys: I love Micah Parsons. Dude has that mamba mentality. When all the other Cowboys players last year were complaining about the refs after the Cardinals game last year and he was like the only player as a rookie to not give in to that mentality and took accountability. Showed the kind of player he is and really that kind of attitude is much needed for that team. 

Washington Commanders: Terry McLaurin. Just a great guy who has put up with a lot of mediocre to bad QB play from numerous different guys and has still been the ultimate team guy and done things the right way. Love his story proving Urban Meyer wrong and rising from a 3rd round pick to one of the best receivers in the league. Was genuinely happy for him when he got that bag this offseason even if I think he deserved a little more.

New York Giants: I love Adoree Jackson as a USC fan. Dexter Lawrence has just been a flat out beast in year 4. Love watching him play. He's doing stuff right now rushing the passer that I hope to be able to see Jordan Davis do near the end of his rookie deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I secretly like Jason Kelce but it's hard for anyone not to.

Good little segment on Kelce when he was up for the WPMOY award last year.

I can't even describe just how important he's been to the Eagles.

Also, anybody that isn't watching his podcast 'New Heights' is missing out!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That I like?  

Jamaal Williams, Equanimeous St. Brown, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Mike Singletary, Jay Cutler

Now there is a tremendously long list of players that I thought were really good, but their Bear, Lion, or Vikingness made me not like them.  

You just liked Cutler because as Charles Woodson once famously stated "We know Jay is gonna throw a few to us every game, we just gotta be ready".

I dont secretly like them, because its okay to like rival players. 

In fact, my favorite nfl player alltime was a Bear (Jay Cutler)

Heres my rankings of division rivals alltime

1. Jay Cutler

2. **** Butkis

3. Chris Kluwe

4. Randy Moss

5. Stefon Diggs

6. Jamaal Williams

7. Barry Sanders

8. Neal Anderson (underrated tecmo god)

9. Jared Allen

10. Matt Stafford

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tperk said:

You just liked Cutler because as Charles Woodson once famously stated "We know Jay is gonna throw a few to us every game, we just gotta be ready".

Actually, my cousin is from Chicago.  He is also diabetic and was diagnosed around the same time that Cutler was.  I really liked him because he gave my cousin someone a lot like him, on his favorite team.  

14 hours ago, biggie. said:

Chad Pennington - One of the extreme few Jets I have any respect for. Very underrated until the shoukder injuries sapped all of his arm strength. Always came off as a good guy who got screwed over by the Jets.

Ed Reed - The greatest safety of all time imo.

I remember when Chad did that interview where he said it was a privilege for reporters to cover him lol