Week 14: VIKINGS (10-2) at Lions (5-7)

swede700

Game 13

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif?width=320&heat NFL_Lions_zpsll5qkbit.gif?width=320&heig

When:  1:00 PM EST December 11th

Where: Ford Field (Detroit, MI)

TV/Radio: FOX (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio); 

Announcers:  Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma, Shannon Spake (TV);  Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  https://506sports.com/2022/14-FOX-E.png

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: OT Christian Darrisaw (concussion), C Garrett Bradbury (back), S Harrison Smith (neck), Doubtful: None, Out: DE Jonathan Bullard (biceps)

Lions - Questionable: QB Nate Sudfeld (illness), WR Khalif Raymond (illness), CB Jeff Okudah (illness), CB Will Harris (hip), Doubtful: G Evan Brown (ankle), Out: G Kayode Awosika (ankle), LB Derrick Barnes (knee), CB Chase Lucas (hamstring)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

Edited by swede700

Detroit could very well make the playoffs. I think they will win their last 4 and sneak in ahead of an NFC east team as they all beat up on each other.

This is a not a game to take for granted, and we need our CB play to be better with some different pass rush looks. I hope that they start giving Asamoah some defensive snaps. Leaving Hicks out there covering TEs and backs in the flat or on shallow crossers has been a nightmare.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Detroit could very well make the playoffs. I think they will win their last 4 and sneak in ahead of an NFC east team as they all beat up on each other.

This is a not a game to take for granted, and we need our CB play to be better with some different pass rush looks. I hope that they start giving Asamoah some defensive snaps. Leaving Hicks out there covering TEs and backs in the flat or on shallow crossers has been a nightmare.

They do have the tiebreaker over the Giants and Commanders having beaten both, but that's irrelevant now with the tie.  However, I can't see the Lions beating the Jets in Jersey, so that means they'd finish 8-9 at best, but the Panthers are also fighting for a spot and that game is in Carolina, as well as the trip to Lambeau (doesn't matter that it'll be irrelevant for the Packers).  I just can't see it happening this year.  Either the Giants or Commanders will get in, and Seattle will most likely get the other spot up for grabs (the Cowboys are virtually already locked into the 5 seed). 

Edited by swede700

28 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I gotta admit...the Lions are playing great right now.  Goff is playing great...another sentence I thought I'd never write at the beginning of the season.  If Dantzler is back, does he go against Amon-ra St. Brown?

No, they'll save Duke Shelley to take him on.  😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Detroit could very well make the playoffs. I think they will win their last 4 and sneak in ahead of an NFC east team as they all beat up on each other

Not really. They're 2 games out of playoff contention with back to back games against teams gunning for a playoff spot.

1% chance they make the playoffs.

99% chance it's over for them this season

46 minutes ago, viking said:

Not really. They're 2 games out of playoff contention with back to back games against teams gunning for a playoff spot.

1% chance they make the playoffs.

99% chance it's over for them this season

I think 538 has them with an 8% chance to make the playoffs. While not probable, it's definitely possible.

If they win their last 4, that jumps to ~30%. If they win out it jumps to over 80%. This game against the Vikings mean so much more to them than it does to the Vikes, even with clinching the division hanging in the balance.

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2