Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

Pessimistic me is thinking Raiders due for a let down game. Worried that JMD is going to start thinking about NE the following week 
Raiders play better when no one believes in them. 
Need to keep their heads down, stop reading into the positive media articles and stay desperate. 

This is a game we SHOULD win. But we all know weve lost many of these on the year. 
No Stafford Kupp or Donald? Hopefully Jacobs and Adams keep eating.

Hope the D keep playing aggressive too. Yes you may get beat, but turnovers are such difference makers in this game. Aggressive is key. 

Can the O finally play a full game? Chargers was close, but two costly mistakes (even tho D held after Jacobs fumble) early. I want to see a full game from the O. 
Can the D keep it up? Is CJones back? Is Tillery what weve all been waiting for? Would Hobbs of picked up the fumble against Indy lol?

I know JMD is thinking about the Pats game, but we have extra days to prepare for it, and the Pats are on a short week playing Monday this week. So no excuses. 
DO NOT OVERLOOK THE RAMS!

Go get this WIN. Jets play Buff. We win they lose, and we could be 1 game back after this weekend. (with many teams, and prob not the best tie breaker position at the moment)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Pessimistic me is thinking Raiders due for a let down game. Worried that JMD is going to start thinking about NE the following week 
Raiders play better when no one believes in them. 
Need to keep their heads down, stop reading into the positive media articles and stay desperate. 

This is a game we SHOULD win. But we all know weve lost many of these on the year. 
No Stafford Kupp or Donald? Hopefully Jacobs and Adams keep eating.

Hope the D keep playing aggressive too. Yes you may get beat, but turnovers are such difference makers in this game. Aggressive is key. 

Can the O finally play a full game? Chargers was close, but two costly mistakes (even tho D held after Jacobs fumble) early. I want to see a full game from the O. 
Can the D keep it up? Is CJones back? Is Tillery what weve all been waiting for? Would Hobbs of picked up the fumble against Indy lol?

I know JMD is thinking about the Pats game, but we have extra days to prepare for it, and the Pats are on a short week playing Monday this week. So no excuses. 
DO NOT OVERLOOK THE RAMS!

Go get this WIN. Jets play Buff. We win they lose, and we could be 1 game back after this weekend. (with many teams, and prob not the best tie breaker position at the moment)

This is another decimated Oline. Pressure should be on deck. As for the offense this feels like a Carr lay an egg game. Or the team sleepwalks and pulls one out in the end.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

This is another decimated Oline. Pressure should be on deck.

This.

Looking at you Chandler Jones. Please give us another good game......

I say the Raiders win again, but it won't be easy. The Rams gave the Seahawks all they could handle. The Seahawks gave the Raiders all they could handle.

• Like 1

McDaniels and the captains should be stressing the importance of this game and how no one in that building should over look this Rams team. Things have gone to well over the last 3 weeks. This is a spot that scares me cause of the lack of threat the Rams offer.

Win this and we can really start looking at some playoff possibilities 

Realistically this team can offers to lose 1 more game. They cannot afford to have that loss against any of the next 3 teams.  

Edited by agarcia34

Should be another win. The Rams look lost in the forest. 

New England should be a tough outing because Bill is Bill, but winnable. 

Pittsburgh looks like hot garbage and I kinda think Pickett sucks. 

Sam Francisco became a very winnable game yesterday, imo. 

I simply don't like our matchup with the Chiefs. 

I think we finish 9-8. Not to be a pessimist, but I wish we weren't just playing a bunch of bad QBs with sketchy offenses outside of Kansas City. I'll take the wins gladly. But I think it makes really gauging our needs tougher. I don't want fool's gold in the long run because a key position looks good against lesser competition (namely Edge, SS, and LB). 

On the flip side, I hope we build up good leads and can at least see some extended playing time for guys like Zamir and Pola-Mao, Koonce, Stidham, etc. RB and SS are wildcards this off-season and if we can get some clarity, that'd be great. It may be weaker competition, but it's in-game competition nonetheless. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think we finish 9-8. Not to be a pessimist, but I wish we weren't just playing a bunch of bad QBs with sketchy offenses outside of Kansas City. I'll take the wins gladly. But I think it makes really gauging our needs tougher. I don't want fool's gold in the long run because a key position looks good against lesser competition (namely Edge, SS, and LB). 

On the flip side, I hope we build up good leads and can at least see some extended playing time for guys like Zamir and Pola-Mao, Koonce, Stidham, etc. RB and SS are wildcards this off-season and if we can get some clarity, that'd be great. It may be weaker competition, but it's in-game competition nonetheless. 

Were you okay with the fools gold last year? I can't remember your stance but it was much the same path.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Were you okay with the fools gold last year? I can't remember your stance but it was much the same path.

It was exciting given the turmoil, but I didn't find it sustainable. 

Same issues, probably worse given some of the people on the roster all but certain to be elsewhere like Leatherwood, Yannick, Abram, etc (ironically many the same positions we're going into 2023 trying to find an answer for). Our secondary and LBs might look really good over the next few games- they're still positions of need. Whooping up on Kenny Pickett, John Wolford, Mac Jones, and Brock Purdy won't change that...but could make it more difficult via draft position and artificially driving up someone's price tag (no offense to Ya-Sin, but prime example) at a time we don't need a ton of added roster turnover. 

Better to lose by 3 and look great than beat up the local XFL squadders in-waiting by 30 but not really gain anything moving forward. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think 9-8 shouldn't be expected at this point given the circumstances with 10-7 being impressive

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think 9-8 shouldn't be expected at this point given the circumstances with 10-7 being impressive

Should or shouldn't? 

We're facing some pretty dismal squads over the next few weeks. If we can't at least get to 8 wins, it would be pretty sad consolidating the competition. We're playing like 3 3rd string caliber QBs that have very few weapons lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

It was exciting given the turmoil, but I didn't find it sustainable. 

Same issues, probably worse given some of the people on the roster all but certain to be elsewhere like Leatherwood, Yannick, Abram, etc (ironically many the same positions we're going into 2023 trying to find an answer for). Our secondary and LBs might look really good over the next few games- they're still positions of need. Whooping up on Kenny Pickett, John Wolford, Mac Jones, and Brock Purdy won't change that...but could make it more difficult via draft position and artificially driving up someone's price tag (no offense to Ya-Sin, but prime example) at a time we don't need a ton of added roster turnover. 

Better to lose by 3 and look great than beat up the local XFL squadders in-waiting by 30 but not really gain anything moving forward. 

Regardless of the QB situations, all those teams have capable Defenses and are well-coached teams w/ veteran super bowl coaches. Tomlin, Shanahan, Belichek, Mcvay. I don’t think any of these games left are easy winners. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Should or shouldn't? 

We're facing some pretty dismal squads over the next few weeks. If we can't at least get to 8 wins, it would be pretty sad consolidating the competition. We're playing like 3 3rd string caliber QBs that have very few weapons lol. 

Should*(I usually voice text). every game is winnable except the chiefs. This is where those jaguar and Colts loses start to look really stupid 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1