Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

7 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

So basically you're saying, that if the D looks good against those teams, then it's only because of the "low level of competition" they're performing against and they're still trash. And if they're not looking good... well then they're still trash.

That's okay if you're thinking like that. But don't tell ever again, that you're trying to be somehow objective. Cause you're not.

I also never ever have seen comments from other fan bases, that wins against us were less worth it because "they didn't have Waller and Renfrow" or last year "we're only facing a ST coach and they lost their deep threat".

So basically you missed the point by about 10 miles in the wrong direction. 

Let me repeat myself for clarity since you apparently do not understand English:

"We may be playing meh QBs, but all of the team's have weapons, OL, D's, etc. If we make it to the QB or break up passes and have good games defensively, we did more than just beat the QB. Same as I'll defend Carr by saying he's not the only guy on the field, I'll defend opponents"

Literally speaking, how anyone could read that and conclude that means "So basically you're saying, that if the D looks good against those teams, then it's only because of the "low level of competition". 

It's frankly a near-linguistic impossibility to glean that without not understanding the language in which it's written or being a complete spoon. As I'm pretty sure you've mentioned being from Austria, I'll assume the former, though I'm skeptical since you never seem to have much issue understanding things on here. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Let me repeat myself for clarity since you apparently do not understand English:

"We may be playing meh QBs, but all of the team's have weapons, OL, D's, etc. If we make it to the QB or break up passes and have good games defensively, we did more than just beat the QB. Same as I'll defend Carr by saying he's not the only guy on the field, I'll defend opponents"

Literally speaking, how anyone could read that and conclude that means "So basically you're saying, that if the D looks good against those teams, then it's only because of the "low level of competition". 

It's frankly a near-linguistic impossibility to glean that without not understanding the language in which it's written or being a complete spoon. As I'm pretty sure you've mentioned being from Austria, I'll assume the former, though I'm skeptical since you never seem to have much issue understanding things on here. 

Yet another unnecessarily abrasive and condescending reply to a fellow poster from the resident curmudgeon. Way to stay on brand. 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

You may not say that now - but you did that in the past. Speaking of the Chargers game, were you literally said, that we Player against a Backup o-line.

Tbh I've read your post yesterday and answered to it today. Mea culpa.

Just one thing for you to notice:

English is not my native language. Would you like to have a discussion in german?

Edited by Styrian Raider
autocorrect
  • Like 1

Guess I really don’t have too much room to talk, I did invite a poster to have a discussion in person with me back when I was bouncing at the bourbon cowboy....lol. I believe it was 91jmay.....I’ve spent my time in the penalty box too. I believe I’ve had warnings from just about every mod clear back to Hi Fi...🤣🤣🤣

10 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Guess I really don’t have too much room to talk, I did invite a poster to have a discussion in person with me back when I was bouncing at the bourbon cowboy....lol. I believe it was 91jmay.....I’ve spent my time in the penalty box too. I believe I’ve had warnings from just about every mod clear back to Hi Fi...🤣🤣🤣

We are all Raider fans and here to discuss a team we love and to find some camaraderie amongst other diehard Raiders fans. So when someone dominates discussions and posts condescending diatribes toward anyone who dares to think differently it gets irritating.

At least when Frankie does it he lays it on thick and makes it playful. The other guy I responded to above doesn’t seem to understand how to have a civil debate/discussion without coming across as a know it all blowhard. 

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

You may not say that now - but you did that in the past. Speaking of the Chargers game, were you literally said, that we Player against a Backup o-line.

Tbh I've read your post yesterday and answered to it today. Mea culpa.

Just one thing for you to notice:

English is not my native language. Would you like to have a discussion in german?

Playing against a backup OL and multiple backups elsewhere is not the same as just playing against backup QBs. That was quite literally my whole point. 

I don't think beating the Rams is ever meaningless regardless of who plays QB. Is it easier when their QB is John Wolford? Certainly. But I don't buy the "The QB is the single most important person on the field" argument. McVay is a great coach, they still have some offensive weapons, and their D is still fine. 

Same goes for Pittsburgh. Tomlin is a good coach. They have an ok RB. Passing game is a mess, but that was expected. 

SF? I don't care who they have back there playing QB. A child could get the ball to McCaffrey, Samuel, Aiyuk, etc. 

So on, so forth. Feasting on a team playing backup OL and WRs doesn't impress me a whole lot, no. You're absolutely correct iny feeling that way.

Beating an otherwise good offense that's just playing a backup QB? Different story. 

Anywho, we can do English, Dutch, German, or Russian. It's why I mention it. You're English is good-great, and unlike the perpetually offended and bluntly stupid @jpaulthe1stwho routinely enjoys popping in to make his own asinine comments and play the victim for everyone else while he does so, there's never been disconnect between you and I on meaning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpaulthe1st said:

We are all Raider fans and here to discuss a team we love and to find some camaraderie amongst other diehard Raiders fans. So when someone dominates discussions and posts condescending diatribes toward anyone who dares to think differently it gets irritating.

At least when Frankie does it he lays it on thick and makes it playful. The other guy I responded to above doesn’t seem to understand how to have a civil l

Hey buddy, keep fighting the good fight you white knight, you. 

Edited by ronjon1990

24 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hey buddy, keep fighting the good fight you white knight, you. 

Nice job keeping it less than 8 paragraphs. That’s what I call progress. Now if you can just work on your self-awareness and unfunny jokes you’ll really be on to something. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Nice job keeping it less than 8 paragraphs. That’s what I call progress. Now if you can just work on your self-awareness and unfunny jokes you’ll really be on to something. 

You must be a hoot at holiday dinners with that incredibly thin skin. 

And, you know, thinking your opinion matters to me. As last time: GFY. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Playing against a backup OL and multiple backups elsewhere is not the same as just playing against backup QBs. That was quite literally my whole point. 

I don't think beating the Rams is ever meaningless regardless of who plays QB. Is it easier when their QB is John Wolford? Certainly. But I don't buy the "The QB is the single most important person on the field" argument. McVay is a great coach, they still have some offensive weapons, and their D is still fine. 

Same goes for Pittsburgh. Tomlin is a good coach. They have an ok RB. Passing game is a mess, but that was expected. 

SF? I don't care who they have back there playing QB. A child could get the ball to McCaffrey, Samuel, Aiyuk, etc. 

So on, so forth. Feasting on a team playing backup OL and WRs doesn't impress me a whole lot, no. You're absolutely correct iny feeling that way.

Beating an otherwise good offense that's just playing a backup QB? Different story. 

Anywho, we can do English, Dutch, German, or Russian. It's why I mention it. You're English is good-great, and unlike the perpetually offended and bluntly stupid @jpaulthe1stwho routinely enjoys popping in to make his own asinine comments and play the victim for everyone else while he does so, there's never been disconnect between you and I on meaning. 

Well, I agree we're often on the same page opinion-wise i would say. There's things that bothers me and I will continue to tell you that 😉

Like stupid nicknames for players or when you are, in my opinion, overly critical when it comes to PG and JMD.

Regarding the remaining games:

There's still some football to play and no game won or lost yet. And regardless who is playing for the others, our guys still have to give it all.