Week 14 GDT: Raiders at Rams - JMD = New Rich?

NYRaider

Playoff streak continues?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Raiders
    • Rams

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

That's about the only thing I liked about that. I just knew we were going to get to this point because corners get hurt a lot we were going to get to a point where we we're gonna have to start playing Undrafted rookies.

Agree with this. Was thin coming in and the depth was poor. Still don't see any value in keeping Mullen. Rock being out hurt Thursday. 

• Like 2

McDaniels has had 13 games to realize that his defense can’t protect a lead. There’s zero reason for him to be so conservative on offense. Other posters have mentioned that he’s unwilling to change his M.O in that regard, so that’s a concern going forward. Obviously the defense bears responsibility for collapsing as bad as they did on that final drive (it was just as bad as the defensive collapse against the Dolphins two years ago), but McDaniels needs to keep the offensive foot on the gas pedal in order to keep the defense from being in that position.

I’m not trying to unnecessarily excuse Carr from his responsibility in all of this, but I find it somewhat hard to believe that he’s the one who’s unwilling to get his BFF Adams involved more frequently when the offense is stalling (ala Thursday). There was no reason to pin our entire offensive hopes on an injured RB Thursday night, and the lack of passes to Adams just feels more to me like a McDaniels decision than it does a Carr decision.

Then again, I could be very wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2022 at 2:45 PM, brownie man said:

I said this in the general thread

that was some horrible sportsmanship. As soon as he did it I’m like he just set up the win for them. 

I wish y’all luck with McDaniels man. He can’t seem to get you guys to play with composure. Between that and the DA shoving issue those are two clear examples of bad composure. What Tillery did was beyond dumb. The game was over smh 

I just saw tredavious white do the exact same thing to Garret Wilson earlier today and no penalty was called. Slapped the  ball out of his hand when he was getting up after making a catch.

All this talk about talent. We have a more talented team than the current Rams active roster. Yet we still lost.

I'm still a firm believer that the Raider culture of playing to the opponent's level is what's happened the past two years. We've played elite teams close, and we've played the worst teams close. Who/what are we? 

Edited by RaisinBran
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

All this talk about talent. We have a more talented team than the current Rams active roster. Yet we still lost.

I'm still a firm believer that the Raider culture of playing to the opponent's level is what's happened the past two years. We've played elite teams close, and we've played the worst teams close. Who/what are we? 

The most frustrating team in the league.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RaisinBran said:

I think this falls on the QB. Carr has never been one to put games away. We all laud him for his come back wins, but that stat is indicative of a team and leader who isn't putting teams away when they have the chance.

It's been consistent through his career. When Gruden was calling plays, we called him conservative with a lead. We said he played not to lose. The evidence is there for me to say it's the QB not executing and playing safe. Taking check downs and working the clock to a fault. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I think this falls on the QB. Carr has never been one to put games away. We all laud him for his come back wins, but that stat is indicative of a team and leader who isn't putting teams away when they have the chance.

It's been consistent through his career. When Gruden was calling plays, we called him conservative with a lead. We said he played not to lose. The evidence is there for me to say it's the QB not executing and playing safe. Taking check downs and working the clock to a fault. 

We can blame Carr or JMD, it really doesn't matter which to me.

This means they are both idiots and/or scared.

If Josh is conservative(this is my guess), Carr needs to stop being a yes man. I think Carr has been a yes man for at least the last 4 years.  I think he's been desperate to win and thinks if he just listens to what "successful coach" tells him to do all will work out in the end.  That's all perfectly fine 90% of the time, but he needs to know when it's time for him to take the reigns and do what's best.  Maybe that comes with being in a system longer or maybe it never does for him.

If Carr is the conservative one, Josh needs to step in and assert his authority. Pretty simple.

Neither one of them should have faith in their defense to be able to not collapse late in games. They should say they do in press conferences, but they've been burned enough to know better by now.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 4:57 AM, big_palooka said:

I mean JMD has consistently gone run run pass with a lead this year and the defense has failed us many times as a result of the offense throwing them under the bus. If you don't let the qb get a rhythm and only pass on 3rd and long, you're not going to have much success. This isn't a controversial opinion. It's what we've been seeing all year.

If we just mixed in more quick passes and play action, this offense would look a lot better with a lead.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I mean JMD has consistently gone run run pass with a lead this year and the defense has failed us many times as a result of the offense throwing them under the bus. If you don't let the qb get a rhythm and only pass on 3rd and long, you're not going to have much success. This isn't a controversial opinion. It's what we've been seeing all year.

If we just mixed in more quick passes and play action, this offense would look a lot better with a lead.

The offense rolls when it’s balanced. Somehow Josh gets a pass for the things Gruden got crucified in here for, being too conservative with a lead. 

• Like 2