Your the GM of the 49ers

Manny/Patrick

For this season, I'd just ride Purdy as the starter and Johnson as the backup. Purdy knows the offense best and they have the talent to have him play a Trent Dilfer role.

I wouldn't claim Baker for the simple fact he is completely broken and SF doesn't have time to fix him.

Rivers/Ben are 100% washed and both are happily retired.

Fitz would be an awesome fit, but I think he is more than content in his current role.

As for next season, it's either live and die with Lance or make the Boyhood Dream come true if Brady decides to keep playing. 

Edited by biggie.

I’d definitely put in a claim for Baker.

Beyond that, I’d honestly kick the tires on Cam/RGII. Not sure RGIII would even be interested/in playing shape. Neither are good by now but they’d be playing on easy mode and at least offer some mobility. I’d be less surprised by Shanahan scheming up a strong ground game + YAC to CMC/Deebo/Kittle, and winning a playoff game off that, than I would someone like Fitzpatrick coming in and winning one.

Let Purdy get his chance, then you’re basically throwing darts. Start with Baker, after that…

39 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’d definitely put in a claim for Baker.

Beyond that, I’d honestly kick the tires on Cam/RGII. Not sure RGIII would even be interested/in playing shape. Neither are good by now but they’d be playing on easy mode and at least offer some mobility. I’d be less surprised by Shanahan scheming up a strong ground game + YAC to CMC/Deebo/Kittle, and winning a playoff game off that, than I would someone like Fitzpatrick coming in and winning one.

Let Purdy get his chance, then you’re basically throwing darts. Start with Baker, after that…

I can’t imagine Kyle Shanahan ever wanting to work with RG3 again. That relationship fractured pretty hardcore. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

For this season, I'd just ride Purdy as the starter and Johnson as the backup. Purdy knows the offense best and they have the talent to have him play a Trent Dilfer role.

I wouldn't claim Baker for the simple fact he is completely broken and SF doesn't have time to fix him.

Rivers/Ben are 100% washed and both are happily retired.

Fitz would be an awesome fit, but I think he is more than content in his current role.

As for next season, it's either live and die with Lance or make the Boyhood Dream come true if Brady decides to keep playing. 

What is the magician doing these days? Harvard guy and all. Seems as though he'd be great in the booth.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Mayfield will be claimed to be Purdy’s backup. And Purdy will have a short leash. 

It’s definitely the Purdy show for the next few games at least. Possibly all season if he does well. 

What a surprise another thing you're wrong about. I've seen more accurate meteorologists.