Prediction: Washington will claim Baker Mayfield

aceinthehouse

It makes too much sense to me.

Sam Howell isn't ready

Our line is likely to get Heinicke hurt

Who knows if Wentz hand is 100%.

Keeps him away from other suiters with Playoff push.

Going into the bye week to prep Mayfield.

And it's what I would do.

Don't know what they will do with 4 QB's. But it's gonna happen. Just be prepared for it, guys.

Not a chance. We have Heinicke & Wentz. Baker has even dreadful this year w/o all that talent surrounding him like he had in Cleveland.

I don’t ever want Baker on this team. If you’re going to sign Baker, you might as well just play Howell bc I think they’re similar in every way except Howell seems like a better leader & less of an arrogant jerk.

Sam Howell isn't ready & won't be this year. Why put him in on what looks like a turnstile Offensive Line & ruin him.

They've seen what Wentz can do healthy, which isn't very good. Plus his finger could still be an issue.

Baker has the mobility to run Turners system, affectively. Which he will need with our Line.

You don't want to go into the Playoffs, with an injured Heinicke, unprepared Howell & a Wentz with zero confidence.

It makes way more sense to sign him, than not.

If Rivera wants to buy an insurance policy for the Playoffs? He'll claim Baker.

It's a smart move, imo. 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would argue we have 3 QBs already on the roster better than Baker Mayfield. 

Baker has the mobility to play outside the pocket. Wentz folds like a tent & Sam Howell isn't near ready.

What do we do, if Heinicke gets injured?

Wentz can't escape the pocket, when the O-line caves like it did last night.

It would ruin any confidence Howell has.

So you put in a guy who can run even better, than Heinicke. Baker Mayfield 

We've been running Turners RPO & Baker would be perfect for that.

I'll be shocked, if we don't claim him off waivers.

You guys can hate Baker all you want, but it's the right move, going down this Playoff stretch.

Just now, lavar703 said:

Howell is pretty much everything Baker is but better and doesn't have a bad attitude. I have no clue why we would claim him? lol

We don't even have a roster spot for him.  We're not going to carry 4 QBs.  What are they going to do cut Wentz to claim Mayfield?  That makes absolutely no sense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We don't even have a roster spot for him.  We're not going to carry 4 QBs.  What are they going to do cut Wentz to claim Mayfield?  That makes absolutely no sense. 

Well, Larson is probably going to IR. So there's 1 roster spot. Who knows if Chase Young is ever gonna play. Everytime I look on the sidelines during the game, there's Chase.

Can't believe you guys don't see, what I see.

It's gonna happen.

35 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Well, Larson is probably going to IR. So there's 1 roster spot. Who knows if Chase Young is ever gonna play. Everytime I look on the sidelines during the game, there's Chase.

Can't believe you guys don't see, what I see.

It's gonna happen.

I mean, it has to be pretty much a guarantee the Niners claim him. We aren't claiming him.