2023-Looking Ahead

BStanRamFan

So I wanted to start a thread for next season. I have no doubts that Snead & Co will be active in the offseason overhauling this roster. Below I've added our draft capital and pending FA's.  Feel free to add anything I'm missing and share your comments on how best to improve the team and get us back into contention. 

2023 Draft (6 total): 2nd 3rd 6th 6th 6th 7th

UFA

A'Shawn Robinson

Taylor Rapp

Troy Hill

Matt Gay

Brandon Powell

David Long

Bobby Evans

Greg Gaines

David Edwards

Nick Scott

Floyd/Ramsey/Kupp could all be restructured.

Burning questions

• What direction do we got in the 2nd round?
  • What Free Agents could we target?
  • Who could be a cap casualty? (Higbee, Noteboom)
  • Who will be the starting RB in Week 1?
  • Is Allen Robinson tradeable?
  • Does Stafford 100% return?

update the ol?

the rams are set at t and c.
bruss and anchrum at g. plus brewer looked ok at lg.
they picked up thomas.

i mean, i could see the rams get a day three guy to play at lg, but i don't think the ol will be "updated" at all that much.

the biggest issue is edge and cornerback.
i hope snead trades the second, third and 2024 first for defense players and collect some day three picks.

18 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

update the ol?

the rams are set at t and c.
bruss and anchrum at g. plus brewer looked ok at lg.
they picked up thomas.

i mean, i could see the rams get a day three guy to play at lg, but i don't think the ol will be "updated" at all that much.

the biggest issue is edge and cornerback.
i hope snead trades the second, third and 2024 first for defense players and collect some day three picks.

I’ve gotta disagree here. We can’t just be content with guy who looked “OK”. That’s how we got into the situation we did this year. Counting on Bruss and Anchrum as unquestioned starters at guard scares the hell out of me. We didn’t get to see a full game out of either one and Bruss looked a little overwhelmed during his preseason action. 

We may not do anything at LT if the team thinks we have someone starter caliber between Noteboom and Jackson, but those guards absolutely need improvement. 

58 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I’ve gotta disagree here. We can’t just be content with guy who looked “OK”. That’s how we got into the situation we did this year. Counting on Bruss and Anchrum as unquestioned starters at guard scares the hell out of me. We didn’t get to see a full game out of either one and Bruss looked a little overwhelmed during his preseason action. 

We may not do anything at LT if the team thinks we have someone starter caliber between Noteboom and Jackson, but those guards absolutely need improvement. 

I agree. Being ok on the Oline still leads to being absolutely bullied up front against good fronts like SF/Titans/etc.. it’s getting annoying. We don’t have a single elite OL or even close. If they keep a similar line, I pray they get some depth… but then having average OLineman means the backup/depth players are…. Worse than average lol

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 2:37 PM, BStanRamFan said:

So I wanted to start a thread for next season. I have no doubts that Snead & Co will be active in the offseason overhauling this roster. Below I've added our draft capital and pending FA's.  Feel free to add anything I'm missing and share your comments on how best to improve the team and get us back into contention. 

2023 Draft (6 total): 2nd 3rd 6th 6th 6th 7th

UFA

A'Shawn Robinson

Taylor Rapp

Troy Hill

Matt Gay

Brandon Powell

David Long

Bobby Evans

Greg Gaines

David Edwards

Nick Scott

Floyd/Ramsey/Kupp could all be restructured.

Burning questions

• What direction do we got in the 2nd round?
  • What Free Agents could we target?
  • Who could be a cap casualty? (Higbee, Noteboom)
  • Who will be the starting RB in Week 1?
  • Is Allen Robinson tradeable?
  • Does Stafford 100% return?

My general thoughts as of now:

• I think we re-sign Matt Gay, Riley Dixon, Troy Hill, Brandon Powell, and A'Shawn Robinson. I think Nick Scott, Greg Gaines, and David Edwards are priced out of our range.
  • If the Browns cut John Johnson III, I think we'll work to bring him back. I could see us pursuing a HB through FA or a trade. Antonio Gibson from Washington seems like a great pick because he would be relatively cheap for a year, shouldn't cost too much in a trade, has shown flashes of ability (including 1000+ yards last year), and has a lot of untapped potential (college WR with a 4.39 40 who runs hard). I also could see Matt Hennessy being a trade target. He shouldn't cost much either, has fallen out of favor with Atlanta, and he's the type of OL we generally like (C/OG versatility, intelligent, and agile).
  • I'm not sure if we'll try to make a major splash in FA. If we do, my guess would be a pass rusher. Some cut candidates are Romeo Okwara and Frank Clark. (Charles Harris would be another cut candidate available at a cheaper price.) Yannick Ngakoue or Marcus Davenport would be more swing for the fences signings. We could also bring back Dante Fowler as a cheaper signing.
  • I doubt Noteboom or Higbee are cap casualties. 
  • I don't expect them to overhaul the OL. We may bring in a vet this offseason and will likely draft a guy, but I imagine they'll bank on getting guys back from injury.
  • I doubt anybody is trading for Robinson.
  • It sounds as of now like Stafford is returning.
  • The starting HB is up in the air. I could see us making a trade (Gibson is the name I tossed out), signing a FA (Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, D'Ernest Johnson, Tony Pollard, etc.), or drafting a guy highly (Jahmyr Gibbs, possibly?).
  • The second round pick likely depends on FA. My guess is edge rusher or HB (if we don't sign one or make a trade). I also expect we'll trade down unless somebody very special is there in the second round.
  • I am hoping a team will hire Raheem Morris so we land a comp 3rd. If that happens, I'd love for us to hire Vic Fangio.
  • Additionally, we're going to have more picks than that. We're projected to land four comp picks (5th, 5th, 6th, and 7th). If Raheem gets hired away, that'll land us a comp 3rd on top of those picks.
Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

I'll say this, if we don't go out and grab a top HB in FA, Jahmyr Gibbs will be our pick at the top of the second round if he's there. JMO.

I’ve been telling myself Bijan will fall into the second even though there’s no way lol have to speak it into existence 

• Like 2

Did a mock draft simulator earlier and this is what i came up with:

2/35 - Jahmyr Gibbs - RB/Alabama

3/67 - Blake Freeland - OT/BYU

5/131 - Tuli Tuipuloto - Edge/USC

6/163 - Cedric Tillman - WR/Tennessee

6/173 - Nick Broeker - OG/Mississippi

6/179 - Henry To'o To'o - LB/Alabama

Edited by RamPackFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MDY10 said:

So if Raheem gets hired we get comp picks…what about Thomas Brown going somewhere to be an OC..? We get picks for that or no? Also, do we get any picks this year or do they start next year like it does for players? 

OC wouldn't count. It's just for HC and GM. Believe it's this year for starting point on potential Rah picks. 

• Like 2