2023-Looking Ahead

BStanRamFan

7 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

yeah, i'm not sure they can get a brian burns at 36. they will trade for an edge.

Absolutely can hell Deebo Samuel was pick 36 D'Andre Swift was a 35 Jonathon Taylor 41 there will be good picks in the not to mention that center that everybody cries about we drafted Tutu over. There will be plenty of good players there at the top of the 2nd no need to trade up. We're gonna need that 1st round pick next year. 

On 2/14/2023 at 4:26 PM, Rrrrrrrams said:

Mmmmmm, i guess we just collect 6th rounders because of tom brady?
sure, deebo samuel, swift, taylor.
but what about david long, henderson, terrell lewis, bobby evans, gerald everett, taylor rapp....and tutu?

nah, lets trade pick 36 and the first rounder 2024.

Sorry be a smart A all you want. Saying there won't be a player who can contribute at 36 just isn't true. 

5 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Lake has been rumored for a while to be in for the Rams DB coach or an assistant position. 

He coached under Morris and Gruden in TB. Was the HC at Washington, but he got fired for shoving a player (apparently was the straw that broke the camel's back). During his time at Washington, they had a ton of DBs drafted, including Marcus Peters, Budda Baker, and our own Taylor Rapp.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He coached under Morris and Gruden in TB. Was the HC at Washington, but he got fired for shoving a player (apparently was the straw that broke the camel's back). During his time at Washington, they had a ton of DBs drafted, including Marcus Peters, Budda Baker, and our own Taylor Rapp.

Yeah he's a great teacher really liking him and Pleasant coaching DB's

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Sorry be a smart A all you want. Saying there won't be a player who can contribute at 36 just isn't true. 

thats not what i said.
it's just our fo has a horrible record drafting in the second and third round, but an awesom record trading for players.
plus snead already tried to get brian burns.

the odds are way better if we just try to get an proven edgen instead of another gerald everett, taylor rapp, terrell burgess or terrell lewis etc.

35 minutes ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

thats not what i said.
it's just our fo has a horrible record drafting in the second and third round, but an awesom record trading for players.
plus snead already tried to get brian burns.

the odds are way better if we just try to get an proven edgen instead of another gerald everett, taylor rapp, terrell burgess or terrell lewis etc.

Also for the record on trading for Burns. We are rumored to have offered two 1st round picks for him at the deadline. Now with a new head coach and an owner who wants to win they're going to take less for Burns? Math and logic don't add up. 

I think the Rams should and will go after Saquon Barkley in FA since the Giants will let him test the market.

The Rams tried to trade for CMC during the season but he wanted to go to the Niners. Until I see the Rams not be aggressive I will feel like they will be aggressive. Akers played great down the stretch so his trade value is up from where it was before the last month or so of the season. I think the Rams can get a 4th for him which they don’t have a 4th round pick. Then they can go after Barkley but only if they know Barkley is going to sign with them. Don’t trade Akers without knowing Barkley is signing with the Rams.

I can imagine an offense with Kupp and Barkley out there with McVay calling the plays. And if the Rams can somehow manage to bring back OBJ then watch out. I still believe in ARob but I still want OBJ back. From what I heard from Colin who say he has sources inside the Rams organization he said they are going to focus heavily on offense so let’s go get Barkley and bring back OBJ. Then upgrade more on the OL and get a reliable backup QB and the Rams offense will be back to being top tier. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I think the Rams should and will go after Saquon Barkley in FA since the Giants will let him test the market.

The Rams tried to trade for CMC during the season but he wanted to go to the Niners. Until I see the Rams not be aggressive I will feel like they will be aggressive. Akers played great down the stretch so his trade value is up from where it was before the last month or so of the season. I think the Rams can get a 4th for him which they don’t have a 4th round pick. Then they can go after Barkley but only if they know Barkley is going to sign with them. Don’t trade Akers without knowing Barkley is signing with the Rams.

I can imagine an offense with Kupp and Barkley out there with McVay calling the plays. And if the Rams can somehow manage to bring back OBJ then watch out. I still believe in ARob but I still want OBJ back. From what I heard from Colin who say he has sources inside the Rams organization he said they are going to focus heavily on offense so let’s go get Barkley and bring back OBJ. Then upgrade more on the OL and get a reliable backup QB and the Rams offense will be back to being top tier. 

Im torn. Part of me agrees that Rams will look into Saquon for the reasons you outlined, but he would have to settle for less than his market value. Which is possible because the LA market will bring him $$ outside of football. However, he would have to sign a 2 year deal, which RBs generally dont do when its there only big contract.

My suspicion is he goes to a bottom franchise and cashes in. With RBs short shelf-life and his injury history, he's not taking 2 years at 10$ish mil when someone's going to give him 4+ years at $12M+. Coming from NY though, he's already had off the field success financially so LA isnt as big of a draw if he were coming from Carolina or something.

Oh and we won't get more than a 6th for Akers lol I wish we could get a 4th