2023-Looking Ahead

BStanRamFan

Wagner being released because "he wants to win" was a gut punch. He must know something internally is coming in terms of letting/trading vets. Have to assume Floyd/Ramsey.

We all knew a rebuild was coming at some point, but this might be our "transition" year. Hope to be .500, keep Stafford upright and groom a future QB (Hendon Hooker). This sucks. It was fun while it lasted. 2017-2022 was by far my favorite stretch of Rams football since the GSOT. 

49 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Wagner being released because "he wants to win" was a gut punch. He must know something internally is coming in terms of letting/trading vets. Have to assume Floyd/Ramsey.

We all knew a rebuild was coming at some point, but this might be our "transition" year. Hope to be .500, keep Stafford upright and groom a future QB (Hendon Hooker). This sucks. It was fun while it lasted. 2017-2022 was by far my favorite stretch of Rams football since the GSOT. 

Definitely curious to see where this off season goes. I still don’t think it’s a rebuild yet, at least not in terms of cleaning house and being a bottom 10 team next year. I think they’ll be very active and aggressive in clearing space and getting more picks to bring in who they need for this coming year. More like a mini rebuild? Lol 

10 hours ago, MDY10 said:

Definitely curious to see where this off season goes. I still don’t think it’s a rebuild yet, at least not in terms of cleaning house and being a bottom 10 team next year. I think they’ll be very active and aggressive in clearing space and getting more picks to bring in who they need for this coming year. More like a mini rebuild? Lol 

It took unprecedented (at least for this team) OL injuries and that, in turn, leading to unprecedented QB injuries for us to finish in the bottom 10 this season - and mind you, this was a season where quite a few teams ended up having to start 2+ QB's for the season, which in itself is generally rare.  So barring those kind of conditions repeating (which is low probability), we aren't going to be in a position to finish in the bottom 10 next season - and Les is smart enough to know this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

It took unprecedented (at least for this team) OL injuries and that, in turn, leading to unprecedented QB injuries for us to finish in the bottom 10 this season - and mind you, this was a season where quite a few teams ended up having to start 2+ QB's for the season, which in itself is generally rare.  So barring those kind of conditions repeating (which is low probability), we aren't going to be in a position to finish in the bottom 10 next season - and Les is smart enough to know this.

If we make the right off season acquisitions (preferably Lewan and an edge rusher) 

and allow guys who were injured to reinsert themselves back into the fold, I don’t see why we can’t make another title run. 

I am tired of hearing about this rebuilding mess. There’s still way too much talent on this team( young talent at that ) to even consider this as a rebuilding year. 

Feels like a weak WR class compared to other years. The FA market is the worst it's been in a while until Michael Thomas gets cuts. We might be able to get back mid round pick if we eat a good chunk of salary.

I'm starting to get excited for this offseason. More so for the action that will ensue. McVay/Snead will get creative in this "remodel". But bring back Bobby Trees!