2023-Looking Ahead

BStanRamFan

I was listening to the 11 personnel podcast and they said the Rams structured Ramsey contract in a way that it was a possibility of moving on from him in the future while he is still is at an elite level. Him and his agent knew it too. Plus the Rams know that in the 2024 offseason they could have their 1st round pick plus 10 more and possibly have $100 mil of cap space. This is all planned in terms of reshaping and positioning themselves again to make another run. Anyone who is thinking the Rams are in rebuild mode and screwed for many years to come dont know what they are talking about.

I love the idea of the Rams having 11 draft picks (including 1st round pick) in 2024 plus possibly be $100 mil in cap space to spend. In other words, we could be sitting on top of a gold mine and thats scary hours for the league bc we have the coach, the city of LA, the money, and draft capital. Free agents and players would love to come play for LA just like we saw back in 2018 when we was getting Suh, Talib, Peters, and Cooks. Then obviously in 2021 when we got OBJ and Von. Im fired up after listening to the podcast talk about this. Rams know what they are doing. They have planned this out. Trust the process.

• Like 2

yeah, problem is. everything to this point reported by jourdan was...not really happening in the end.

ok, if thats the plan for 2024, that means she basically reported that mcvay will not retire after this season. thats bold.
she also said donald would play in 2024. again. donald said he will only be back if mcvay is still the coach.
she talks about the 2017/18 offense. who is the todd gurley? i know for sure its not akers.

she also claimed van jefferson could be a #1 wr on a couple of teams.
and robinson was a mistake. damn, i'm old enough to remember when jourdan told us in camp how hard it will be to defend this wr duo kupp/robinson.
she reported the rams are not interesed in baker. well.
know she thinks the rams will draft a new qb.
hours later schultz reports the rams want baker back.
you guys, jacob harris, hypedup by her. now needs to go, according to her.
derion kendrick...oh boy. skrowonek will change this offense so much in his new position etc etc so on and on.

i get more and more stockholm syndrom feelings from jourdan towards the rams fo.
she never had one scoop. not one. but everythings the rams are doing is great and has a bigger plan behind it. it feels like she really reaching to get some sources into the fo.
its hard with the rams. espn went through three beat writers in 6 years. thats not normal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is 100% false, but I love the gossip. Gotta love the offseason. 

This would really surprise you? This guys seems to always have something against the rams but he definitely knows a lot. He’s still pretty involved. This would be insane, but it wouldn’t surprise me lol 

When Snead says "pump the brakes", I take that as not trading picks for players. I think we really go all in on the draft and some cheap FA's. This is a retooling year as they outlined and will try to be as competitive as possible, but the sense of urgency is not there for next season in my opinion. They would be satisfied with 10 wins and WC spot, which is certainly on the table considering how weak the NFC is.

In 2024, we become aggressive again. My fear is that our drafting has been piss poor since Brad Holmes left and we are not as successful as in the past. If we miss on this draft, it will be detrimental to the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

When Snead says "pump the brakes", I take that as not trading picks for players. I think we really go all in on the draft and some cheap FA's. This is a retooling year as they outlined and will try to be as competitive as possible, but the sense of urgency is not there for next season in my opinion. They would be satisfied with 10 wins and WC spot, which is certainly on the table considering how weak the NFC is.

In 2024, we become aggressive again. My fear is that our drafting has been piss poor since Brad Holmes left and we are not as successful as in the past. If we miss on this draft, it will be detrimental to the future. 

I took it the same way. I don't think they will be any less aggressive but will more so be aggressive in another area. It seems they are actually trying to acquire as many picks as possible and seems we might even keep our first rounders for a while. Curious to see how this goes. This will be one of the most important drafts that Snead/mcvay have had.

• Like 1

Cowherd is based in LA and I would assume he has a decent source in the organization. Let's say he's right and this entire offseason is dedicated to building a top 5 offense. Who do we go after?

OBJ

Mike Gesicki (maybe a flyer on Irv Smith)

Jamyr Gibbs in the draft

Ryan Kelly (Colts Center) available for trade

What are some other guys I may not be thinking of that fit an offense rebuild?

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Cowherd is based in LA and I would assume he has a decent source in the organization. Let's say he's right and this entire offseason is dedicated to building a top 5 offense. Who do we go after?

OBJ

Mike Gesicki (maybe a flyer on Irv Smith)

Jamyr Gibbs in the draft

Ryan Kelly (Colts Center) available for trade

What are some other guys I may not be thinking of that fit an offense rebuild?

I agree with everything Colin said in the video. If the Chiefs vs Eagles SB has taught me anything, it’s that no matter how good your defense is (Eagles) a championship QB and some weapons will shred you every time in this league.

I want the Rams to address the edge position and perhaps a safety. But it’s looking like our resources are shifting to the offense. 

Some fans may be on board with this, but I want to look at a RB in FA. Akers has lost my trust, and I don’t care how good he looked the last few games of the season, he’s been here for years and could never solidify the main back position for himself. 

• Like 1