Week 14 GDT: The Eagles (11-1) vs the Giants (7-4-1)

EaglesPeteC

21 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

This is about his wall. He’s not played more than 13 games since his rookie year. 

Neither has Sanders. I don't think that means Miles has hit a wall and will now get injured or play worse.

Edited by Jeezla

17 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Neither has Sanders. I don't think that means Miles has hit a wall and will now get injured or play worse.

Two different types of players first of all. Barkley already has 50 more carries than Sanders. And besides, maybe it doesn’t happen, but I’d totally expect a drop off in production for a guy not used to that kind of workload. Sanders is already at his peak career usage and Barkley will probably hit it next game. RBs breaking down is a real thing. Some guys you can pound into the dirt and they’ll be ok. Most RBs can’t. They’ve both proven in their careers their not workhorse backs. They get dinged up or inured and miss games. Not a slight on them. Their bodies just don’t react well to that much work, even if this proves to be an outlier year. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

RBs breaking down is a real thing

It is a real thing, but it usually happens around age 28, or after a season in which they carried it 400 times, like DeMarco Murray or Shaun Alexander. Regardless, common rules don't apply to freaks, and Saquon is a freak. 

Edited by Jeezla

46 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

It is a real thing, but it usually happens around age 28, or after a season in which they carried it 400 times, like DeMarco Murray or Shaun Alexander. Regardless, common rules don't apply to freaks, and Saquon is a freak. 

A freak that can’t stay healthy.

Until you are, you aren’t. So, until then; he’s an injury prone dude that has had limited success so far. He’s proven so far he has trouble handling a 17 week season as a workhorse role. Maybe that changes, I don’t know. 

18 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

A freak that can’t stay healthy.

Until you are, you aren’t. So, until then; he’s an injury prone dude that has had limited success so far. He’s proven so far he has trouble handling a 17 week season as a workhorse role. Maybe that changes, I don’t know. 

Trent Williams ain't playing 17 games a season either. Doesn't mean he wont be a beast for the 12-14 games he's out there. I don't know about limited success. He has 2 bad years, 2 good years. Currently working on a 3rd good year. And nobody is moron coach proof. Dude had a complete moron for a HC during his 2 bad years. Probably for the best he got hurt rather than Joe Judge scheme him into oblivion.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Trent Williams ain't playing 17 games a season either. Doesn't mean he wont be a beast for the 12-14 games he's out there. I don't know about limited success. He has 2 bad years, 2 good years. Currently working on a 3rd good year. And nobody is moron coach proof. Dude had a complete moron for a HC during his 2 bad years. Probably for the best he got hurt rather than Joe Judge scheme him into oblivion.

Trent Williams is routinely one of the best LTs, when healthy, for a decade plus. Barkley, as the freak that he is, hasn’t put up freak numbers as of yet, outside that rookie year. I do agree it’s been the Giants ineptitude that has held him back but that’s not really the point. If you continue to prove you’re only healthy for 13 games a year, then how much can I really count on you? That’s why its dumb to center your offense around RBs in 2022. Barkley had one workhorse year and he’s been hurt ever since. Some dudes just can’t handle it. Maybe this year he finishes it strong, but I doubt it.