Week 14 GDT: The Eagles (11-1) vs the Giants (7-4-1)

EaglesPeteC

I don't think we'll be as successful against Saquon as we were vs Henry. Saquon usually runs angrier against us than the 30 other teams, for some reason. If we do hold him to under 100 yards, we win. We should win even if he runs for over 100 yards. This will be one of Daniel Jones' worst games of the season. I know Boston Scott is the Giants killer, but I hope I don't see him out there very much. Thinking this will be a big DeVonta game. He has scored in all 3 of our divisional games so far.

Edited by Jeezla

Hoping Nakobe starts getting more reps/Kyzir starts getting a little less, cept in obvious pass situations. Nakobe is a way better tackler, even if his coverage won't be as good, and more instinctive vs the run. Against Saquon, I'd rather have Nakobe out there on 1st and 2nd down. Kyzir should just be the nickel LB. Nakobe does look small out there though. Looks like dudes should shrug him off, but Nakobe gets them to the ground almost instantly regardless. Then you have Kyzir getting his arm tackles broken through or just outright whiffing. Quality pass defender, but I hate Kyzir's run defense.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think we'll be as successful against Saquon as we were vs Henry. Saquon usually runs angrier against us than the 30 other teams, for some reason. If we do hold him to under 100 yards, we win. We should win even if he runs for over 100 yards. This will be one of Daniel Jones' worst games of the season. I know Boston Scott is the Giants killer, but I hope I don't see him out there very much. Thinking this will be a big DeVonta game. He has scored in all 3 of our divisional games so far.

The last few weeks Saquon hasnt looked as good as early season Saquon

Saquon won't be pounding the middle of the line every snap like Henry. He will bounce outside and with that speed, be dangerous. 

Question will be how much we bite and DJ keeps it on a boot, RPO, QB run? We can't lose containment on Jones, or he might run for 60-80.

Not concerned in the slightest about him throwing all over our secondary. Hopefully we play a similar style as we did the Titans and most certainly will be playing next week vs the Bears and Fields.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Really the Giants biggest game of the season is next week against the Commanders after tying them this past week, cause obviously whoever wins that game will have the tiebreaker. So I guess I understand if they don’t figure they are gonna win this one and hold him out just to be sure he’s good to go. 

31 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I can't see Saquon sitting this one out, but this neck injury kinda came out of nowhere so maybe it is worse than it seems.

Yea not really a good sign if he’s not on a report Wednesday but has something come Thursday. A report said he did drills so looks like he’s cool except for contact stuff. That’s pretty major still but I guess today will go a long way in the determination.