Week 14: Jaguars @ Titans :: The Crossroads

VY-FTW

one thing that i think doesn’t get enough attention is NWI causing the interception by missing tannehill’s check and how frequently we have operational issues like that on offense. that’s not the first time that’s happened this year and on top of that we’re constantly wasting timeouts etc because guys on offense aren’t ready. it’s really just an incredibly sloppy, poorly-coached unit. we desperately need new coaching on that side of the ball- possibly more than just the OC. i don’t see why anyone’s job should be safe there.

• Like 1

Not just a terrible LT lolol He's ALL TIME TRASH LT! I'm sick of the dude.

AND just like last year I BEG this team to cut NWI. Dude is so below avg man like idc how hard he works in practice get him out of here. RT loves to throw to him and I just don't get it

The defense is beat up and is being crushed under the weight of trying to carry this team the whole year. Big Jeff is getting doubled on a bum ankle and Im with you fine folks on Bud. He just doesn't make any impact to be getting paid like that. KB and Hook are invisible. Give me the all 22 so I can see what we are paying them for haha! Rodger let a pick go right through his hand

It takes a lot for me not to see the bright side of stuff but the last three games... We close cause WITH ALL THAT SAID!

We were missing not just starters but KEY guys that make things work.

Fulton who had a bad day vs AJ and not a great year but is our best cover guy. Long has been playing GREAT and is the energy/heartbeat of the D. Great vs the run and can put pressure on the QB. Autry best pass rusher this year that moves QBs off the spot to and takes pressure off big jeff and since he went down our pass rush has been zero! Burks is the best WR on the team and changes the offense 

Get all those guys back and we can beat anyone outside the bills and cincy imo and yeah yeah I watched yesterday but in the playoffs weird stuff happens and we are more and likely one and done IF we pull it together soon and make the damn dance

Idk just a rough day/year but we can still turn this thing around if guys haven't quit. Also Im not crazy. I saw the trash this year and know we need to rip it down and start a new next year so before I get flamed for thinking this team can do anything chill. Im well aware this is the worst team we've had in a long long time but we are top heavy roster and if we get the top guys back we could pull it together and upset a few people. Cost the Cowboys the east. Bounce the ravens or Cincy out lol something 

Edited by VY-FTW

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

one thing that i think doesn’t get enough attention is NWI causing the interception by missing tannehill’s check and how frequently we have operational issues like that on offense. that’s not the first time that’s happened this year and on top of that we’re constantly wasting timeouts etc because guys on offense aren’t ready. it’s really just an incredibly sloppy, poorly-coached unit. we desperately need new coaching on that side of the ball- possibly more than just the OC. i don’t see why anyone’s job should be safe there.

I think the ones that have a very good argument to stick around are Dews (RBs) and Steckel (TEs).  Chig's emergence with Hooper being solid when he's thrown to is good enough for me, and Dews should get the benefit of the doubt right off with how good our rushing attack has been, overall, for years, with this year being the outlier.  Derrick Henry blew up with him here.

Rob Moore (WRs) has some credit I guess for AJ Brown and Burks, but Brown looks better on the Eagles now than anytime before, and we've had situations like Josh Reynolds where we got nothing from them, then they go elsewhere and thrive.  Shouldn't be safe.

Downing and Carter are both definite cuts IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think the ones that have a very good argument to stick around are Dews (RBs) and Steckel (TEs).  Chig's emergence with Hooper being solid when he's thrown to is good enough for me, and Dews should get the benefit of the doubt right off with how good our rushing attack has been, overall, for years, with this year being the outlier.  Derrick Henry blew up with him here.

Rob Moore (WRs) has some credit I guess for AJ Brown and Burks, but Brown looks better on the Eagles now than anytime before, and we've had situations like Josh Reynolds where we got nothing from them, then they go elsewhere and thrive.  Shouldn't be safe.

idk, man. people don't want to hear it but if downing stays on next year- and there appears to be very little indication that he won't- i don't see how this is functionally different from the mularkey/robiskie situation. it's so exhausting to be constantly in this situation.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

To be fair, we’ll need a new TE coach once Steckel is promoted to OC.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

idk, man. people don't want to hear it but if downing stays on next year- and there appears to be very little indication that he won't- i don't see how this is functionally different from the mularkey/robiskie situation. it's so exhausting to be constantly in this situation.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Downing is the number 1, 2, and 3 problem right now.  His offense is bad, his playcalling is worse, and his play design is even worse than that.  I just don't understand why he wouldn't get canned when Vrabel has one of "his" guys waiting in the wings who will probably install a modern (or at least not completely archaic) offense.

watching mccreary has basically been every fear about his arm length realized. so often he's on his guy like glue and just completely fails to make a play on the ball- not because he has no awareness of it, but because he literally can't reach it. the same thing happened vs lazard in GB, and also happened earlier in the jaguars game where zay jones fortunately dropped the pass. he's an unbelievably frustrating player to watch because he's so frequently right there but his physical limitations prevent him from making the play.

23 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

watching mccreary has basically been every fear about his arm length realized. so often he's on his guy like glue and just completely fails to make a play on the ball- not because he has no awareness of it, but because he literally can't reach it. the same thing happened vs lazard in GB, and also happened earlier in the jaguars game where zay jones fortunately dropped the pass. he's an unbelievably frustrating player to watch because he's so frequently right there but his physical limitations prevent him from making the play.

Thinking he’s JAG

good instincts, good football player 

but prob not starting NFL quality long term 

20 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Thinking he’s JAG

good instincts, good football player 

but prob not starting NFL quality long term 

right, there’s not a ton of upside there. most you can hope is that the game slowing down for him means he’ll be a step faster and maybe get his hands on more passes, but the physical limitations are what they are.

good thing we didn’t spend what was basically a first round pick on him or anything!

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

why dillon radunz doesn't play, in one chart. because HURR DURR RUN DA BALL is more important than having anything resembling a functioning passing game or even having a healthy quarterback.

And this is one reason I say the talent deficit isn't as bad as we think.  Because we have above average pass blockers sitting on the bench while our LT gets wrecked play after play, and actively loses us games, for his complete inability to pass block.