Dolphins signing former #1 overall pick.......

Swampbilly

• 2 weeks later...

While active in both games, he hasn't logged a single snap yet.

I was hoping he would be signed ready-to-play, but that appears not to be the case? Although, if he were not ready to go, why is he being activated over a potentially useful player? Eric Rowe was inactive against the Bills, for instance, who would've been immensely useful when Holland had to exit the game... you'd think Rowe would be a no-brainer considering our non-existent secondary depth over an OT you weren't planning to see the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

While active in both games, he hasn't logged a single snap yet.

I was hoping he would be signed ready-to-play, but that appears not to be the case? Although, if he were not ready to go, why is he being activated over a potentially useful player? Eric Rowe was inactive against the Bills, for instance, who would've been immensely useful when Holland had to exit the game... you'd think Rowe would be a no-brainer considering our non-existent secondary depth over an OT you weren't planning to see the field.

Ya, I didn’t think our GM would be interested in signing someone, for the last half of the season, that isn’t in relative playing condition.  It’s really kind of a mystery right now.  I’m sure the details of this signing will come to light eventually.

16 hours ago, Swampbilly said:

Ya, I didn’t think our GM would be interested in signing someone, for the last half of the season, that isn’t in relative playing condition.  It’s really kind of a mystery right now.  I’m sure the details of this signing will come to light eventually.

I think it is a little physical conditioning as well as knowing the blocking scheme. I would expect to see him this week. 

11 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

I think it is a little physical conditioning as well as knowing the blocking scheme. I would expect to see him this week. 

Then why has he been active??

We have less depth in the secondary than we do on OL! (although, granted, no one wants to see Little on the field again... but in that case, why isn't Little being deactivated?!)

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Then why has he been active??

We have less depth in the secondary than we do on OL! (although, granted, no one wants to see Little on the field again... but in that case, why isn't Little being deactivated?!)

the way our Oline can drop I think it was more for insurance. But valid points. I don't know when the call is made as to who is active or deactivated. If the call was made when they thought the weather was going to be abysmal I can get why they went extra linemen at the expense of secondary. 

• 3 weeks later...