Week 14: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

We really need to expose the weakness BUF will have at DE. Attack it running and we should have time for some double moves and such for our our WRs. We will have to score to win. Cant kick 5 FGs and beat a team like BUF. So attack that weakness. While BUF has a good secondary no secondary can cover guys for a long period of time. And with a weak pass rush with no Von or Greg... attack that weakness. 

The shape our interior offensive line is in right now, it is pathetic. We will be a one dimensional team.  Look for another 40 to 50 pass attempts. They were bad last week , this week they will be worst. We just can't  run inside the tackles. It cost us a game last week. We just got too many injuries on  the O line.

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We really need to expose the weakness BUF will have at DE. Attack it running and we should have time for some double moves and such for our our WRs. We will have to score to win. Cant kick 5 FGs and beat a team like BUF. So attack that weakness. While BUF has a good secondary no secondary can cover guys for a long period of time. And with a weak pass rush with no Von or Greg... attack that weakness. 

Greg will be playing and he ranks pretty high in run D as well as pass rush win rate. The question mark will be the other DE. Shaq Lawson has been a great run defender for us and actually got the game ball last week but lacks a consistent pass rush. AJ Epenesa brings more of a pass rush than Lawson but he's not the run defender Lawson is.

It will be interesting to see the Bills gameplan on defense. I think they'll play the run and rely on our secondary to cover the back side. Tre'Davious White looks like White again and whenever you have a lockdown CB it helps scheme up the rest of the secondary. Either way I see it being a gritty fun divisional game and don't want to see anymore injuries lol. 

34 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Our O line is in shambles, there really isn't much hope for a win Sunday. And if Becton doesn't report to camp next season 100% cut his *** at once. We are building a strong team now but we are held back by all the injuries on the O line. 

It isn't though. We have no depth at OT. But Brown, Lake, CMG, Herbig, Fant is a good OL. So not sure what you're taking about. If you're talking about no Becton or AVT.... we haven't had that for 8 weeks.

56 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Our O line is in shambles, there really isn't much hope for a win Sunday. And if Becton doesn't report to camp next season 100% cut his *** at once. We are building a strong team now but we are held back by all the injuries on the O line. 

That is true but they seem to hold up to most D's. I think if the jets had the OL all healthy they would be a top 10 maybe top 5 OL. Right now we are probably around 15 and no lower than 20. 

MFW is certainly helping the OL because he gets the ball out quick and does not panic like Zach. I am not as high on our OL as others here, but they could certainly be worse.

IMO, it is still the position group that needs the attention in the offseason. Whether that be with a healthy Becton and AVT, FA, or day 1 or 2 draft picks, we need help there.

The interior OL did play really bad last weekend against the Vikings. If not for Bam breaking a big run, the rushing numbers would have been pathetic due to the fact those guys were getting blown up. Time to step up. Laken especially, who got paid and has stood out in the worst way possible. Definitely not the guy we thought we were getting. Can't throw in 50 times in this game. We have to be able to run the ball or it wont even be close. Mike White has definitely opened up the offense for sure but we have to commit more to the run to be able to maximize the passing boost he gives us. Other wise we will be playing catch up all game again and it wont end well. 

Okay, lets say what everyone is thinking, the only way we win this game is if the defense plays up to its capabilities. 

The D cannot afford to do what the Vikings did the first half on 3 down and 4th down and that is to move the chains with quick 3-4 yard passes. 

We know that the offense is capable of putting 3 points on the board at least 6 times in a game but can't get it into the end zone.

But that will not be enough to beat Buffalo at Buffalo. Maybe MLF will wake up to the fact he is overly predictable in his play calling.

Finally he is getting some of the heat he deserves. But lets just give him a pass as a young play caller in his second year as OC for now.

The Defense has to come up big, the Jets will be in every game from here on out because of the defense. Teams will dread playing the Jets because of it.

If the Jets can pull off a win on Sunday against the Bills I believe they make the playoffs otherwise they end the season out of the playoffs with a 10-7 record if they don't get any help.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Okay, lets say what everyone is thinking, the only way we win this game is if the defense plays up to its capabilities. 

The D cannot afford to do what the Vikings did the first half on 3 down and 4th down and that is to move the chains with quick 3-4 yard passes. 

We know that the offense is capable of putting 3 points on the board at least 6 times in a game but can't get it into the end zone.

But that will not be enough to beat Buffalo at Buffalo. Maybe MLF will wake up to the fact he is overly predictable in his play calling.

Finally he is getting some of the heat he deserves. But lets just give him a pass as a young play caller in his second year as OC for now.

The Defense has to come up big, the Jets will be in every game from here on out because of the defense. Teams will dread playing the Jets because of it.

If the Jets can pull off a win on Sunday against the Bills I believe they make the playoffs otherwise they end the season out of the playoffs with a 10-7 record if they don't get any help.

I would rather have a shut down D than a lights out O. The D travels better and plays better in the playoffs if you lok back in the NFL history. I thiunk this team is fine and I think 10-7 gets you in no matter what. Too many teams that are fighting for playoffs already have 6 or 7 loses and a few with 5. That means these guys have to win out pretty much to reach that 10. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I would rather have a shut down D than a lights out O. The D travels better and plays better in the playoffs if you lok back in the NFL history. I thiunk this team is fine and I think 10-7 gets you in no matter what. Too many teams that are fighting for playoffs already have 6 or 7 loses and a few with 5. That means these guys have to win out pretty much to reach that 10. 

Agreed. But if we can’t win this weekend. That puts a lot of pressure to win 3 of the last 4 with 2 weaker teams up 1st, that don’t go down without swinging. And then 2 playoff teams to finish. Path is hard. And in reality this team has already exceeded most of our expectations. So while it would suck to miss the playoffs. If I told any of you we’d be 9-8 this year. We’d all be crazy happy. This team needs to think big picture. We’re here playing meaningful football in December with a bunch of young mid 20 year olds. This is setting tye culture that we’re a winning team. Something we haven’t been able to say in forever. And even without FA and the draft we should be better next year just in getting our 2 OLineman back and Hall who’s a game changer.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. But if we can’t win this weekend. That puts a lot of pressure to win 3 of the last 4 with 2 weaker teams up 1st, that don’t go down without swinging. And then 2 playoff teams to finish. Path is hard. And in reality this team has already exceeded most of our expectations. So while it would suck to miss the playoffs. If I told any of you we’d be 9-8 this year. We’d all be crazy happy. This team needs to think big picture. We’re here playing meaningful football in December with a bunch of young mid 20 year olds. This is setting tye culture that we’re a winning team. Something we haven’t been able to say in forever. And even without FA and the draft we should be better next year just in getting our 2 OLineman back and Hall who’s a game changer.

Yes the Jets have done great this year and I do agree just getting healthier makes this team even better without the draft or FA. Man I want this win so bad. If the Jets beat the Bills it will be the first sweep of the Bills since 2016. I would then think the Jets have the Bills number no matter what. Kind of like the Pats have the Jets number no matter what. 

• Like 1