Week 14: NY Jets vs BUF Bills

Bobby816

I like the momentum we're currently building. Our offense is moving up in the ranks. Defense is 4th in total yards allowed per game, 6th in passing yards per game, and 6th in points per game allowed. With Mike White and the rest of the schedule, the offense could finish the season in the top-15. If we beat Buffalo again, I'm not sure if there is a team in the AFC we don't have a shot against. One catch away from beating the Vikings. We're not a team that has to "win now", but we're a team that can. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I like the momentum we're currently building. Our offense is moving up in the ranks. Defense is 4th in total yards allowed per game, 6th in passing yards per game, and 6th in points per game allowed. With Mike White and the rest of the schedule, the offense could finish the season in the top-15. If we beat Buffalo again, I'm not sure if there is a team in the AFC we don't have a shot against. One catch away from beating the Vikings. We're not a team that has to "win now", but we're a team that can. 

We have a lot to be excited about. We have a legit #1 WR in GW. If he played in an offense like MIN he’d be OROY. And he still might win regardless of most our season pretty bad QB play and in a non passing offense. Breece Hall probably would’ve ran away with OROY if he stayed healthy. And Max Mitchell was a pleasant surprise as a rookie at OT (hope his blood clots can be contained). Only disappointment has been Ruckert. He’s done nothing. But I kind of expected that with 2 legit options ahead of him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Only disappointment has been Ruckert. He’s done nothing. But I kind of expected that with 2 legit options ahead of him.

If what the pundits say is true, TE is one of the harder positions to transition from college to the pros. Ruckert was picked to replace Conklin or Uzomah when they are no longer on the team.  Forward thinking on JD’s part. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

If what the pundits say is true, TE is one of the harder positions to transition from college to the pros. Ruckert was picked to replace Conklin or Uzomah when they are no longer on the team.  Forward thinking on JD’s part. 

100%. But fact is he’s don’t nothing as a rookie. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

100%. But fact is he’s don’t nothing as a rookie. 

I would have to agree with you, with a "BUT" I'm not sure the Jets are letting on if he has a nagging injury or some other ailment concerning his foot. The guy is a baller and even during the Senior Bowl I don't believe he was active. I think there is more to his not being used than failing to dress up.

19 minutes ago, Big T said:

I would have to agree with you, with a "BUT" I'm not sure the Jets are letting on if he has a nagging injury or some other ailment concerning his foot. The guy is a baller and even during the Senior Bowl I don't believe he was active. I think there is more to his not being used than failing to dress up.

I think what @xradesaid was correct. That drafting him was a value pick and not for the immediate upgrade. Guys get opportunity sometimes bc of injury. So in reality he all season has/is an injury away from getting snaps. But CJ and Tyler have been healthy, so that hasn’t happened for him. But he’s being groomed to be a starter in tye next couple seasons.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Interested to see how much we use Carter with Knight looking good the last couple weeks.

Would still give the bulk to the inside carries to Bam. Utilize Carter out of the back field. We are going to have to get these guys going to win today.